Vices

J4L

I drink liquor, smoke tobacky, chew tobacky, and smoke reefer. Nothing harder than that tho, never touched a 'hard' drug.

I got a quick temper,  I jack people up for giving me any cut eye.  Unless they hold the Queen's commission that is.

I just keep to myself now tho,  I don't go to bars nor anything like that anymore,  so I don't cause much trouble these days, I'm the Landed Gentry now, so I conduct myself appropriately therein.

Edited by Dougie93

The heroin itself is not harmful like alcohol or tobacco, opiates are not actually poisonous, death from heroin comes like the Siren's Call, it's so good you just stop taking care of yourself and eventually you die from self neglect because the Horse becomes everything and without the Horse there is nothing.

I grew up in the hood, I've known many junkies, they all said it was the greatest thing they've ever felt, indescribable bliss, which is why I never touched the stuff, one; the Siren's of myth my heeded warning, and two; I embrace pain, pain is essential to wisdom.

When the heroin removes all pain and replaces it with existential bliss, you become utterly detached from your physical self, and that is the mechanism which kills you.

Edited by Dougie93

I just thought of another one of my vices.

I'm damn lazy.

Which may seem counter intuitive for an infantryman, as surely the infantry is some of the hardest work you can do on this earth.

But basically serving in the infantry was concentrating all my hard labour into 22 years, so I could feel free to be lazy for the rest of my days, which I do.

21 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The heroin itself is not harmful like alcohol or tobacco, opiates are not actually poisonous, death from heroin comes like the Siren's Call, it's so good you just stop taking care of yourself and eventually you die from self neglect because the Horse becomes everything and without the Horse there is nothing.

I grew up in the hood, I've known many junkies, they all said it was the greatest thing they've ever felt, indescribable bliss, which is why I never touched the stuff, one; the Siren's of myth my heeded warning, and two; I embrace pain, pain is essential to wisdom.

When the heroin removes all pain and replaces it with existential bliss, you become utterly detached from your physical self, and that is the mechanism which kills you.

Yeah, if my wife dies before me and I make it into my nineties, I'm going to give it a shot.  Crystal meth too!

8 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Yeah, if my wife dies before me and I make it into my nineties, I'm going to give it a shot.  Crystal meth too!

What if the nanny state has you imprisoned in one of these "elder care" facilities?   The old people are not free, most are wards of the state.

I don't plan to outlive my wife, my wife is fit as a fiddle and squeaky clean living, whereas I am a rock n' roller.

My compensation to my wife is that I am going to leave a lot of money to her, she inherits my entire estate, she says she will always love me and miss me when I'm gone, but she promises to enjoy the money regardless.

Edited by Dougie93

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

What if the nanny state has you imprisoned in one of these "elder care" facilities?   The old people are not free, most are wards of the state.

I don't plan to outlive my wife, my wife is fit as a fiddle and squeaky clean living, whereas I am a rock n' roller.

My compensation to my wife is that I am going to leave a lot of money to her, she inherits my entire estate, she says she will always love me and miss me when I'm gone, but she promises to enjoy the money regardless.

Well, I'm younger than my wife.  If statistics have their way, we should pretty much die the same week.

They can try put me in a home.  I won't go quietly.

Just now, bcsapper said:

They can try put me in a home.  I won't go quietly.

It's not so much that they drag you away at gun point, most really old people simply outlive their money, they can't pay to have the care done in home.

See that's my mission for my wife, make so much money for her, that she will die free, in her own home, living on her own terms to the very last day.

This is not to say my wife is my dependent, not at all, my wife is the dictionary definition of an independent woman, she's a corporate boss lady, all she does is work,

But this is Canada, it's astronomically expensive, to get to 90+ with the assets to live by your own means, requires wealth, work is not enough, you gotta parley into capital from there.

In actual fact, work is bullshit, jobs are jails, they're not working you to make you wealthy, they are working you around the clock so you have no time nor energy left over to organize and revolt against the entrenched interests which run this Company Town.

The One Party State Elite Consensus all agree; Canada is in a Climate Emergency!

But the real emergency is a cost of living emergency, regular Canadians simply can't afford to live in the Canada of the elites.

Edited by Dougie93

On 8/3/2019 at 10:29 PM, Dougie93 said:

I drink liquor, smoke tobacky, chew tobacky, and smoke reefer. Nothing harder than that tho, never touched a 'hard' drug.

I got a quick temper,  I jack people up for giving me any cut eye.  Unless they hold the Queen's commission that is.

I just keep to myself now tho,  I don't go to bars nor anything like that anymore,  so I don't cause much trouble these days, I'm the Landed Gentry now, so I conduct myself appropriately therein.

Having worked in the Oil an Gas industry, I have experimented with cocaine two or three times in my life.  Never paid for it, just did a line with coworkers. It's not my cup of tea.  I would never touch meth or fentanyl.  The hardest opiate I ever was prescribed was Percocet, and I took as prescribed.  I also hate gambling.  

19 hours ago, J4L said:

Having worked in the Oil an Gas industry, I have experimented with cocaine two or three times in my life.  Never paid for it, just did a line with coworkers. It's not my cup of tea.  I would never touch meth or fentanyl.  The hardest opiate I ever was prescribed was Percocet, and I took as prescribed.  I also hate gambling.  

I don't hate gambling, but I'm not a degenerate gambler and never have been, I prefer market speculation.

For speed, coffee does the trick for me, although I would chew coca when in South America, if it was on offer.

9 hours ago, dialamah said:

For me it is, yup.  Keep (letting myself) get sucked back in.  The other place I could delete myself.  

Yeah, it's this:

image.png.8ddd2c1e1ede2e81b9e6fd93a19b4454.png

It's easy enough to stay off if you don't visit, but as soon as you look in and see "that" opinion...