Alberta Separation

10 hours ago, J4L said:

New polls released show that just over 50% OF Alberta residents would support becoming their own country if Trudeau and the Liberals win the election.

I'm totally for separation of Québec if Trud¸eau is reelected too. So sad to see so many of my constituents especially in Montréal and wealthy anglophones places vote for the Liberals by default instead of choosing what is right.

I know many people in my neighborhood who will vote for Justin Trudeau, because he raised the pensions (which I'm paying every paycheck, while I make only about 50-60K/year), and because of the immigrants. The immigrants who were given anything and everything they wanted from Trudeau government. Free shelter? We'll pay for your rent my poor poor immigrant. Free education for you? We'll give it to you my poor poor immigrant. Free healthcare? Please abuse it my poor poor immigrant, when we have 12h emergency lines in our already flooded hospitals. Free money? You don't need to work my poor poor immigrant.

Thus, it's not rare to hear, a justification to vote pour Trudeau, the fact that the person justifies it only by saying 'Because I'm X identity (Greek, Italian, Haitian, Syrian, Afghan), I vote Liberals'.

That's why we need to make it so strangers and non canadian born citizens can't vote and can't hold office.

Edited by QuebecOverCanada

1 hour ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Liberals by default instead of choosing what is right...

...The immigrants who were given anything and everything they wanted from Trudeau government. Free shelter? We'll pay for your rent my poor poor immigrant. 

So much horseshit.  Show me the program where Trudeau pays immigrants' rent.

The problem with politics today, and this board now, is people make bullshit claims without cites.

Back up your claims ffs.

18 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You realise your kids would end up as American citizens.

No, even Mexicans and Haitians have their own countries. Québec, which has 8 million citizens living in it, can survive on its own. Norway is 3 million people.

19 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

So much horseshit.  Show me the program where Trudeau pays immigrants' rent.

The problem with politics today, and this board now, is people make bullshit claims without cites.

Back up your claims ffs.

1:38 

Immigrants get up to 50K/year per family (in cash) for one year OR until they become financially independent.

30 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

1:38 

Immigrants get up to 50K/year per family (in cash) for one year OR until they become financially independent.

You have fallen flat.

1. Refugees aren't the same as immigrants.

2. What specifically has Trudeau changed?

I don't know why I bother.  These claims ALWAYS turn out to be bullshit.  As your buddy says, if you don't like Canada you can always leave.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You have fallen flat.

1. Refugees aren't the same as immigrants.

2. What specifically has Trudeau changed?

I don't know why I bother.  These claims ALWAYS turn out to be bullshit.  As your buddy says, if you don't like Canada you can always leave.

Refugees are a type of immigrant.  Stop being obtuse.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Shady said:

Refugees are a type of immigrant.  Stop being obtuse.

Bullshit.  You can't say immigrants get money, when it's only refugees.  The claim was even Wilder than that.

I can see that the snowflakes are starting to get their feelings hurt by my request for truth and I'm getting warnings for making people sad.

Sorry for your feelings.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

No, even Mexicans and Haitians have their own countries. Québec, which has 8 million citizens living in it, can survive on its own. Norway is 3 million people.

Are you sure you want to live in a country as unstable as Mexico or Haiti? Quebec separation would be a tragedy for both Quebec and the rest of Canada and would make us vulnerable to American annexation. If Quebec were to separate, I would hope we would all thrive but history and geography say the opposite.

10 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Are you sure you want to live in a country as unstable as Mexico or Haiti? Quebec separation would be a tragedy for both Quebec and the rest of Canada and would make us vulnerable to American annexation. If Quebec were to separate, I would hope we would all thrive but history and geography say the opposite.

???

Québec has literally almost no crime, is stable, has very low unemployment, we have a top 30 university worldwide, we have hydroelectricity, we have oil, we own the St-Laurent strait.

I think Canada is becoming more and more like Mexico and Haiti with the number of immigrants it is welcoming every year.

Back to the question of Alberta: an independent Alberta would be strategically vulnerable and divided. It is two centres, Edmonton and Calgary, connected by a long single highway. Calgary is self identified as conservative although I sense a strong liberal streak of entitlement (my personal and possibly flawed observation.) Edmonton tends to be more progressive. How would this tension manifest its self as an independent nation locked in on three sides. Would the large international investors wish to stay? Many Albertans would leave for jobs in BC and Saskatchewan. Separation makes no economic or political sense. 

In the rest of the American continent there are about 15 Spanish-speaking different countries. So why should there only be two English-speaking countries? What diffeence would a third English-speaking country make?

Or is there a fear that if you allow one area to secede you set a precedent for others to follow?

15 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

So what is your complaint?:D

"If you hate this country..."

Canada is not a country, Canada is simply Confederation, Confederation is simply an agreement, the Queen is the country, Canada is entirely expendable.

Crack the Ivory Towers of the Progressive Elites, slaughter their Sacred Cows, Canada delenda est, burn baby burn.

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Canada is not a country, Canada is simply Confederation, Confederation is simply an agreement, the Queen is the country, Canada is entirely expendable.

Crack the Ivory Towers of the Progressive Elites, slaughter their Sacred Cows, Canada delenda est, burn baby burn.

:o  The horror

7 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You realise your kids would end up as American citizens.

Will not happen. 

If anything, we are starting to see the beginning of the decline of the American Empire.  The USA could soon be looking at a civil war, with the huge divide between Democrats and Republicans.

6 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Back to the question of Alberta: an independent Alberta would be strategically vulnerable and divided. It is two centres, Edmonton and Calgary, connected by a long single highway. Calgary is self identified as conservative although I sense a strong liberal streak of entitlement (my personal and possibly flawed observation.) Edmonton tends to be more progressive. How would this tension manifest its self as an independent nation locked in on three sides. Would the large international investors wish to stay? Many Albertans would leave for jobs in BC and Saskatchewan. Separation makes no economic or political sense. 

Alberta has received next to nothing in equalization payments since 1957.  In total, Alberta received 0.02% of the total equalization payments in Canada.  In other words, Alberta  has had to prop up other provinces for over 60 years. If you and your sibling owned a house, and you paid all the bills, and worked 40+ hours a week, while he partied all night, and was unemployed, would you not want him to either carry his weight, or boot him out onto the street?