The road to 2020

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Well, since the Republican party dominated many state and federal offices as Democrats failed under Obama, there really is no other direction to go.    Republican control in 2017 :

post%20election%20results%20lower%20dist

post%20election%20upper%20district%20201

https://www.quorum.us/data-driven-insights/republicans-now-control-more-state-legislatures-than-any-point-in-u-s-history/

Such pictures exaggerate Republican success because they're mostly in wide open, low population areas. Places where the right amount of money can buy a lot of votes. But you keep clinging to that as the red shrinks.

Just now, Argus said:

Such pictures exaggerate Republican success because they're mostly in wide open, low population areas. Places where the right amount of money can buy a lot of votes. But you keep clinging to that as the red shrinks.

But it is not just land areas...it is more seats in legislatures and governorships.   And that is still true today...the Republican party has majority control among all states.

• Like 1

“I know it’s simply symbolic. It’s not going to change the outcome in my state,” Hogan told the Post, referring to Maryland's reliable history of voting Democratic. “But I thought it was important to just cast a vote that showed the kind of person I’d like to see in office.” Maryland Republican Governor Larry Hogan on voting for Ronald Regan for president instead of Donald Trump

"I've worked hard to develop a good relationship with him ... [but] there are obviously a lot of places where he and I differ. The way he kisses dictators' butts ... The way he treats women and spends like a drunken sailor." Republican Senator Ben Sasse

"He mocks evangelicals behind closed doors," Sasse continued. "His family has treated the presidency like a business opportunity. He's flirted with white supremacists."

“What was challenging for me coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented ExxonMobil corporation,” Tillerson said, was “to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kind of says, ‘This is what I believe.’ ”

“So often, the president would say, ‘Here’s what I want to do, and here’s how I want to do it,’ and I would have to say to him, ‘Mr. President, I understand what you want to do, but you can’t do it that way. It violates the law.’ ”
- Rex Tillerson former Secretary of STate

"I hope (history) will remember him as a one-term president who didn't plunge the country irretrievably into a downward spiral we can't recall from. We can get over one term -- I have absolute confidence, even if it's not the miracle of a conservative Republican being elected in November. Two terms, I'm more troubled about. I don't think he's fit for office. I don't think he has the competence to carry out the job. I don't think he's a conservative Republican. I'm not gonna vote for him in November." -  John Bolton, former National Security Advisor

"He is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership,"   - Former Defense Secretary General James Matis

"The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life,"  Former Chief of Staff John Kelly on Donald Trump

Top DHS officials were regularly diverted from dealing with genuine security threats by the chore of responding to these inappropriate and often absurd executive requests, at all hours of the day and night. One morning it might be a demand to shut off congressionally appropriated funds to a foreign ally that had angered him, and that evening it might be a request to sharpen the spikes atop the border wall so they’d be more damaging to human flesh (“How much would that cost us?”). Meanwhile, Trump showed vanishingly little interest in subjects of vital national security interest, including cybersecurity, domestic terrorism and malicious foreign interference in U.S. affairs."   -  Miles Taylor, former Trump appointee as Chief of Staff to the director of Homeland Security

Edited by Argus

5 hours ago, Shady said:

Sounds like 2016.  Didn’t Hillary have a 95% chance of winning?  She was up by bigger margins in the battleground states at this point than Biden is.  

Nope.  Not even remotely close. Biden is up HUGE in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. 

For comparisons sakes, with 2 weeks to go Hillary had a 5 point lead.  Biden has a 10 point lead.  Not only that, Trump had the momentum after the final debate, and finished 3.6 points behind Hillary on election date.  The polls really were not off that much. Hillary Clinton ended up winning the popular vote by 2.1%, which was 1.5 points less than the polls suggested.

Biden has all the momentum, and Trump is completely deranged this time around.  The FBI has discredited all the Russian propaganda this time around, something they were unprepared for in 2016.  Trump is actually spending most of the time going after Dr.Fauci the leading virologist in the United States, who is very respected Worldwide.

Trump si going to blow it, and it's going to be a Republican bloodbath.

Edited by CampMassad

4 hours ago, Shady said:

Looks like Biden’s having difficulty selling his tax plan! 

What a selfish piece of garbage 50 Cent is. Of course he is against the tax.  It only increases taxes on the wealthiest 1% of the population who make $400,000 a year. That would include 50 Cent, who makes millions. The working class and middle class will get tax breaks, but why should a drug addicted rapper making millions care about his fellow Black people?

Latest poll results for October 20:

National: Biden +10

Battleground states:

Michigan: Biden +9
Wisconsin: Biden +8
Pennsylvania: Biden +8
Nevada: Biden +7
Ariona: Biden +4
Florida: Biden +4
North Carolina: Biden +3
Iowa: Biden +2
Georgia: Biden +1

Ohio: EVEN
Texas: Trump +2

source: https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/presidential-polls-trump-biden

I'm unsure what votes Trump expects to win by making fun of Anthony Fauci. 

And the juvenile nature in which he makes fun of his throwing arm speaks to his character. This from the guy who's never threw out a first pitch during his term because he's too scared he'd throw it in the dirt. 

21 hours ago, Argus said:

Actually, red areas are getting bigger, blue areas are shrinking as people flee failed states like California and New York for Florida and Texas.  

1 hour ago, CampMassad said:

Latest poll results for October 20:

National: Biden +10

Battleground states:

Michigan: Biden +9
Wisconsin: Biden +8
Pennsylvania: Biden +8
Nevada: Biden +7
Ariona: Biden +4
Florida: Biden +4
North Carolina: Biden +3
Iowa: Biden +2
Georgia: Biden +1

Ohio: EVEN
Texas: Trump +2

source: https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/presidential-polls-trump-biden

Looks like Biden's a lock to win.  I hope all of his voters assume that on election day.

2 hours ago, CampMassad said:

Nope.  Not even remotely close. Biden is up HUGE in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. 

For comparisons sakes, with 2 weeks to go Hillary had a 5 point lead.  Biden has a 10 point lead.  Not only that, Trump had the momentum after the final debate, and finished 3.6 points behind Hillary on election date.  The polls really were not off that much. Hillary Clinton ended up winning the popular vote by 2.1%, which was 1.5 points less than the polls suggested.

Biden has all the momentum, and Trump is completely deranged this time around.  The FBI has discredited all the Russian propaganda this time around, something they were unprepared for in 2016.  Trump is actually spending most of the time going after Dr.Fauci the leading virologist in the United States, who is very respected Worldwide.

Trump si going to blow it, and it's going to be a Republican bloodbath.

Biden has no momuntum.  He's hiding in his basement until Thursday, waiting for his corruption scandal to go away! ?

3 minutes ago, Shady said:

Biden has no momuntum.  He's hiding in his basement until Thursday, waiting for his corruption scandal to go away! ?

Biden is smart. He is following COVID protocol, especially when Trump is killing people at rallies (see: Cain, Herman).  Biden has all the momentum, while Trump keeps fumbling the ball. The attacks on Dr.Fauci, and that BS about Exxon, are two of the latest foot-in-mouth moves Trump has made. 

At this point in the game, I would just do nothing, and let Trump self-destruct.

7 minutes ago, CampMassad said:

Biden is smart. He is following COVID protocol, especially when Trump is killing people at rallies (see: Cain, Herman).  Biden has all the momentum, while Trump keeps fumbling the ball. The attacks on Dr.Fauci, and that BS about Exxon, are two of the latest foot-in-mouth moves Trump has made. 

At this point in the game, I would just do nothing, and let Trump self-destruct.

Covid protocol isn't shutting down your campaign until Thursday.  Nice try though.

2 minutes ago, Shady said:

It should be noted that Hillary Clinton was up by 3.6 points on election day 2016.  Biden is up 10 points two weeks before election day.  As I said earlier, Clinton was up 5 points with two weeks to go. 

3 hours ago, CampMassad said:

It should be noted that Hillary Clinton was up by 3.6 points on election day 2016.  Biden is up 10 points two weeks before election day.  As I said earlier, Clinton was up 5 points with two weeks to go. 

Uh oh!  Down to 3.8%.

https://www.investors.com/news/trump-vs-biden-poll-race-tightens-like-2016-ibd-tipp-2020-presidential-poll/