The road to 2020

47 minutes ago, Shady said:

More media propaganda 

When Trudeau had his blackface scandal right before the 2019 election I watched an episode of "CTV News" where they had 7 "undecided" voters on to talk about his blackface scandal. Of the 7, 6 of them gave their reasons why the blackface scandal wasn't going to affect their vote, and one person said it probably would. Not a single one of them noticed the hypocrisy of Canada's foremost virtue-signaller getting busted for being so racially insensitive. 

It was basically just a chance for different Liberals to pretend that they weren't partisan, and then tell us all that "There's really nothing wrong with what he did". 

If Harper, Scheer or Trump did that there's no way that they'd stack the deck with conservatives posing as "undecided voters" to downplay the situation. 

The temptation is to think that this isn't "election cheating on the scale of Hillary's election cheating", but it really is.

If they went to the trouble of finding fake "undecided voters" then there's a reason, and it's not to give them a chance to ask their own unscripted questions. Much like the black girl a few weeks back who started her question to Biden off with "I know that I was supposed to ask you a certain question but I have to ask you...... blah blah blah".

Either lightning has just struck Biden's campaign twice, or he's disguising actors as undecided voters to lob him softball questions which he already has an answer prepared for. 

Luckily for the Dems, the people who are dumb enough to vote for Biden won't see through this. 

If President Trump wins in November, prepare for all hell to break loose as the Democrats and extreme left will be unable to cope...again:

The Democrats May Not Be Able to Concede

...A loss by Joe Biden under these circumstances is the worst case not because Trump will destroy America (he can’t), but because it is the outcome most likely to undermine faith in democracy, resulting in more of the social unrest and street battles that cities including Portland, Oregon, and Seattle have seen in recent months.

...In presidential elections, once is a fluke; twice is a pattern. I struggle to imagine how, beyond utter shock, millions of Democrats will process a Trump victory. A loss for Biden, after having been the clear favorite all summer, would provoke mass disillusion with electoral politics as a means of change—at a time when disillusion is already dangerously high. If Democrats can’t beat a candidate as unpopular as Trump during a devastating pandemic and a massive economic contraction, then are they even capable of winning presidential elections anymore?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/09/democrats-may-not-be-able-concede/616321/

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Republicans: THE DEMOCRATS ARE GOING TO DO A BUNCH OF THINGS THAT ARE GOOD FOR PEOPLE AND THE ENVIRONMENT !!!!
Democrats: YOU TAKE THAT BACK !!! TAKE IT BACK !!!

Banning fracking isn’t good for people.  Especially people that work in that industry.  It provides very good wages and benefits, particularly to the middle class.  But I’m finally glad you’re admitting that Biden was lying when he said he wouldn’t ban fracking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Shady said:

Banning fracking isn’t good for people.  Especially people that work in that industry.  It provides very good wages and benefits, particularly to the middle class.  But I’m finally glad you’re admitting that Biden was lying when he said he wouldn’t ban fracking.

Biden has said he won't ban new fracking on private land, only on Federally owned lands.  He's also said that he wouldn't interfere with current fracking operations.

Source: Politico.

Edited by dialamah
Typo

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Oh, the jobs argument.  

Any job is a good job right ?  

Sorry I have to get back to digging & filling my hole in... 

A good job is a good job.  Especially a job that pays well and provides good benefits.  You should look into what fracking actually is and stop attacking the middle class.  It’s already shrinking as it is.

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

328 million and these four weak, corrupt, deeply flawed people are the best American can do for a leader?

I’ll give you that.  I’m not sure how they got to be the final 4.  Although after last nights debate, I’d take Pence over the rest.

1 minute ago, Shady said:

I’ll give you that.  I’m not sure how they got to be the final 4.  Although after last nights debate, I’d take Pence over the rest.

I could pick any of a hundred Americans who would do better than Pence or any of the rest. The question is why the American political system can't?

2 minutes ago, Shady said:

A good job is a good job.  Especially a job that pays well and provides good benefits.  You should look into what fracking actually is and stop attacking the middle class.  It’s already shrinking as it is.

I'm sure Dear Leader will continue the help the middle class after he cancels the election.  He cares so much about the little people, unlike those elites !!!  He's the most down-to-earth New York (broke) billionaire God has ever provided !

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Because it doesn't want to....

If Americans had a choice right now, how many would dump all four of them and select someone else?

Edited by Argus

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada first.....not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

Our system is also flawed. I'll grant you that. But it doesn't seem to produce the same level of venal, self serving corruption as yours. Trudeau is probably the worst it's ever done, and he's nowhere near as bad as the four up for election now (although Biden was better when younger).

19 minutes ago, Argus said:

I could pick any of a hundred Americans who would do better than Pence or any of the rest. The question is why the American political system can't?

Most people don’t want to get into politics because they’re personal lives and pasts get overly scrutinized.

19 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I'm sure Dear Leader will continue the help the middle class after he cancels the election.  He cares so much about the little people, unlike those elites !!!  He's the most down-to-earth New York (broke) billionaire God has ever provided !

I like satire too.

10 minutes ago, Argus said:

Our system is also flawed. I'll grant you that. But it doesn't seem to produce the same level of venal, self serving corruption as yours. Trudeau is probably the worst it's ever done, and he's nowhere near as bad as the four up for election now (although Biden was better when younger).

Sure it does, but it matters far less to the rest of the world what kind of Bozos are running Canada.   The American system and its results are spawned from American circumstances, and will continue to do so.

Canadian media is already looking past the election and a presumptive Biden win, so that things can get back to "normal" with America leading again and paying for it, because nobody else will do it.   Canada longs for the good old days when it could hate America and Americans without paying any political or economic price.

2 minutes ago, Shady said:

Most people don’t want to get into politics because they’re personal lives and pasts get overly scrutinized.

There is certainly something to that. Trump apparently suggested Mark Cuban run, and he thought about it but his family was opposed. But I'm sure you could come up with some other highly accomplished Type-A personality who is looking for a new challenge, be it someone like Bill Gates, Ken Griffin, David Tepper or some else.