Bring ISIS fighters back to Canada??

I have no idea if I am interpreting or reading this right.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/syria-isis-1.5035979

Goodale has also argued that Canada isn't obligated to help ISIS fighters come home anyway. "It should be noted that while every Canadian citizen, no matter how reprehensible, has the legal right to re-enter Canada, the government of Canada has no legal obligation to facilitate their return," he said in a January speech. This week, in an interview with Global News, the RCMP indicated it is nevertheless preparing for Canadian ISIS members' return.

The problem with Goodale's sort of talk is that it violates the spirit of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's election campaign mantra that "a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian." If that were true, ISIS members should expect Ottawa to expend the same efforts on them as it does on other Canadians who find themselves in sticky situations abroad.

I am going to guess that these people who are in Syria as ISIS fighters from Canada, means that they are immigrants TO Canada and then left to fight in Syria with ISIS.

So is this a blatant acknowledgement that our government has been supporting ISIS all along?

36 minutes ago, cannuck said:

I would say that a $10MM bounty on the head of every Yank they can murder is a pretty clear statement.

Citizenship revoked. That would be my decision. Also I would ask for regime change here in Canada as our leadership is obviously now supporting terrorism.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

Citizenship revoked. That would be my decision. Also I would ask for regime change here in Canada as our leadership is obviously now supporting terrorism.

Liberals just made sure that can never happen:

https://globalnews.ca/news/3532646/bill-c6-passes-senate/?fbclid=IwAR1KZJ1nu2y7ORzkCYYMEBkEaVHfVWvIrc2ljCmjLaLqQZoRMlmmFZJ33Go

Among other things, the legislation repeals a provision that strips dual citizens of their Canadian status if convicted of terrorism, treason or espionage.

• Like 1

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/those-who-joined-isis-have-shown-where-their-loyalties-lie-so-why-should-they-keep-citizenship/

Given the enormity of their infraction, there should be a moral consistency in how we look at these cases. With an independent conscience, all of them have made their decision— an unforgivable one at that. And should be treated accordingly.

For someone who is actually fond of his country, and personally knows immigrants who are ecstatic about finally obtaining Canadian citizenship—and eagerly embracing all that comes with it— it’s outrageous that there’s even an ongoing debate about whether those who’ve joined the jihadists should be able to come back.

Let alone retain their citizenship to the country they’ve already rejected.

It’s rather odious of them to request that we allow them to live in our midst. To this we should respond emphatically with: Absolutely not.

To use a common political phrase, they have “voted with their feet,” thereby indicating to us that their loyalties lie with forces who wish to see our countries and way of life destroyed. Why else would they align themselves with one of the most barbarous antagonists the West has ever faced, rather than contribute to the nourishment of our civil societies?

Unlike countries such as Iraq which refuses to accept its own deported citizens back we have no choice but to take back those who carry our passports.

Having said that, this particular problem highlights the importance of exercising good judgement as to whom citizenship is awarded to. Citizenship should be more difficult to get than some supermarket bonus-cards. 

5 hours ago, GostHacked said:

I am going to guess that these people who are in Syria as ISIS fighters from Canada, means that they are immigrants TO Canada and then left to fight in Syria with ISIS.

So is this a blatant acknowledgement that our government has been supporting ISIS all along?

Yes.

32 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

Unlike countries such as Iraq which refuses to accept its own deported citizens back we have no choice but to take back those who carry our passports.

Having said that, this particular problem highlights the importance of exercising good judgement as to whom citizenship is awarded to. Citizenship should be more difficult to get than some supermarket bonus-cards. 

If they werent born here take away their citizenhip, period other than that put them in stocks and the crowd can stone them

Revoking citizenship.....thats a dream, and unless our laws change drastically in the next couple of months reality is these scumbags, and scumbagettes will be walking Canadians streets. There is no way in hell they can investigate and prove with out a shadow of a doubt in a Canadian court of law, that they have committed criminal offenses in Syria or Iraq. The liberals are afraid that once they start bringing these guys back home the other unknowns will be heading for the gates of the nearest airport, I mean poetry classes, some arts and crafts, welfare checks, medical , and education come on....Plus they known the next time they get an urge to cut off some heads, it's back on a plane for some jihad....We as a nation are to weak kneed to just let the Kurds hold on to them, or have them transferred to a Syrian or Iraqi court of law to be tried for their crimes...........well because things won't turn out very well for our new ISIS citizens....no sympathy in those countries... its ok if your a white drug dealer to be executed by the Chinese, but if your ISIS forget about it....

12 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Revoking citizenship.....thats a dream, and unless our laws change drastically in the next couple of months reality is these scumbags, and scumbagettes will be walking Canadians streets. There is no way in hell they can investigate and prove with out a shadow of a doubt in a Canadian court of law, that they have committed criminal offenses in Syria or Iraq. The liberals are afraid that once they start bringing these guys back home the other unknowns will be heading for the gates of the nearest airport, I mean poetry classes, some arts and crafts, welfare checks, medical , and education come on....Plus they known the next time they get an urge to cut off some heads, it's back on a plane for some jihad....We as a nation are to weak kneed to just let the Kurds hold on to them, or have them transferred to a Syrian or Iraqi court of law to be tried for their crimes...........well because things won't turn out very well for our new ISIS citizens....no sympathy in those countries... its ok if your a white drug dealer to be executed by the Chinese, but if your ISIS forget about it....

This was written by Christopher Hitchens in 2007 but it addresses how it got so bad in Britain and why they shouldn't be allowed to come back.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2007/06/hitchens200706

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

This was written by Christopher Hitchens in 2007 but it addresses how it got so bad in Britain and why they shouldn't be allowed to come back.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2007/06/hitchens200706

Don't get me wrong Goddess, I'm all for leaving them over there to their own devices, they are responsible for their own troubles, what is they say karma is a bitch....

but we have fallen victim to our own laws here 

Edited by Army Guy
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Don't get me wrong Goddess, I'm all for leaving them over there to their own devices, they are responsible for their own troubles, what is they say karma is a bitch....

but we have fallen victim to our own laws here 

This goes back to my overall notion that our government is actually putting Canadians at risk of terrorism attacks. And then the government sends people like you overseas to fight those same terrorists we supported in the first place.

I some what disagree, I think we as a G-8 nation should be doing more in the fight of terrorism all over the world..Where I think our government puts it's people in danger is making these liberal ass laws that have huge loop holes in them, that allows these scumbags, to bring their veil violence to whom ever they want, when ever they want, and then come home and expect or sometimes demand the rest of Canada to treat them as if nothing has happened...they get to pick up life as if they never left....mean while Syrians and Iraqi people whom have been the victim of all this shit have to pick up their life's where these scumbags left them, tortured, prosecuted, killed by the thousands....And we as Canadians are good with that...

The world spent a lot of time and energy to bring ex Nazis to justice, and yet we can not be bother to bring terrorist to some form of justice, any justice....the latest man to be convicted of traveling to Syria received 4 years in a Canadian prison, because they can not prove he did anything wrong in Syria....OK I get it Canada has very high levels of proof to convict someone in a court of law...but we can not prove anything here, so they go free, what should happen is they should have they're day in court in Syria or Iraq, we as a nation can feign concern , even throw in a "release them now" plea, until they are marched out into the desert and disappeared, case closed....sending a message to all the others commit crimes over seas and you'll pay for them overseas....is that not what happens to drug dealers....executed in china, but we somehow can't let them execute a terrorist...we need our laws to change.... 

Instead we bring them back here and treat them like gods....lay out all the benefits, poetry classes, arts and crafts, welfare payments.....mean while our very own soldiers get sweat f***k all, except maybe you start training in 6 months for the next tour....no pay out , no rehabilitation, there is no funding for that shit, want something take us to court....."your asking for more than we can give right now".... Mean while in CFB Gagetown the Royal Canadian Regt prepares to bury another soldier, who has taken his life...where was his help...I know fuc* him he was not a terrorist....he is not protected by our laws,and policies  he is just the protector of those laws and policies ...I guess we have our priorities right...   

• Thanks 1

Once you come to understand that Post Soviet Marxist Canada cares more about its terrorist "victims" than it does its own soldiers, it becomes very easy to divest yourself of Canada and just focus on your own interests which are actually not defended nor upheld by Canada, quite the opposite in fact, exactly as you say.

Has this issue surfaced following the news-story about the ISIS-bride who wants to return "home" to the UK after ISIS has been destroyed? 

The British government has revoked her UK-citizenship and has said she is not welcome back. However, as the UK-law states that nobody can be made stateless through revocation of the UK-citizenship she may have to be accepted back to the UK even though she is a poisonous snake who is a real threat if and when she returns to the UK. 

Countries such as Iraq dont take back their own deported citizens, which is against all international laws but different laws seem to apply to different countries. 

Perhaps even the Iraqis have understood that receiving Iraqis is not a good idea. 

On 2/28/2019 at 9:00 AM, GostHacked said:

Lol.  You can't believe what Liberals say. 

Scribblet just posted in the update: Trudeau tried to smuggle a NON-CANADIAN  (Jihadi Jack) to Canada.  Jihadi jack is a British citizen.  Either the British or the American government intervened and foiled that plan.

Plans to smuggle Jihadi Jack out of Syria and take him to Canada collapse at the last minute ‘after Foreign Office intervention’

He continued: 'I feel British, I am British. If the UK accepted me I would go back to the UK, but I don’t think that’s going to happen.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6758131/Plans-smuggle-Jihadi-Jack-Syria-Canada-collapse-minute.html

I don't know whether they're supporting ISIS, but looks like Trudeau's got a soft spot for jihadists.

Edited by betsy

He says he made a stupid mistake, NO he made a huge criminal mistake, he joined one of the worst terrorist groups in the world, he at the very least knew of the terrible crimes they committed, the UN is still uncovering mass graves containing 1000's of bodies.....did he take part in all of that, perhaps not, but he knew of all this crimes and yet still took part....the only reason he should return is if they have complied enough evidence to convict his guy for life or more, if we can not do that leave him there. 

• Like 2

On 3/1/2019 at 5:24 PM, Army Guy said:

I some what disagree, I think we as a G-8 nation should be doing more in the fight of terrorism all over the world..Where I think our government puts it's people in danger is making these liberal ass laws that have huge loop holes in them, that allows these scumbags, to bring their veil violence to whom ever they want, when ever they want, and then come home and expect or sometimes demand the rest of Canada to treat them as if nothing has happened...they get to pick up life as if they never left....mean while Syrians and Iraqi people whom have been the victim of all this shit have to pick up their life's where these scumbags left them, tortured, prosecuted, killed by the thousands....And we as Canadians are good with that...

In light of the SNC-Lavalin and their actions in Libya, we are looking just like the terrorists. But we promote their miserable existence.

We helped in making their lives hell by supporting the whole failed 'war on terror', when we knew better.