The new Ontarian Islamic Party

Hey, I just registered to this forum. I'm obviously a Quebecer and a francophone with that, but I respect Canadians a lot and my family voted No for the 1995 Referendum. 

How do Ontarians react to the news of the new Ontarian Islamic Party?

In Quebec, there was a big buzz about the news coming from your province, but I would like to know your opinion on that matter. Are Ontarians really that pro multiculturalism or is it a myth?

9 minutes ago, PIK said:

Sick. Needs to be nipped in the bud now. I don't what them to have any say in this country. Islam needs to be outlawed.

But is it the feeling of the general Ontarian population or did it just slip by and no one noticed?

Because in Québec we have 2 major stories from 'Le Journal de Montréal' which is the most read newspaper in Québec, shared 13K and 15k each on Facebook. It really is frightening in Québec, but not in Montréal. In Montréal, it seems that many francophones don't care/shrug off or called Martineau who wrote the stories a racist, a neo-nazi, a fascist. When François Legault was elected, there were hundreds of demonstrators to protest him in Montréal for the fact that he was supposedly a racist according to them... He's clearly not, he never said anything outrageous or provocative at any time. Legault wants to make it impossible to wear religious symbols and to be in a position of authority when working for the government. It would make it impossible for a religious extremist zealot to wear a veil and teach children at school for example. But they think that because we are fighting something called religious oppression which Québec suffered from for dozens of decades with the Catholic Church that we are racists. No, if you are black and you're not a religious extremist in Québec everyone will just welcome you as if you were white. But if you were white and a religious extremist, you would be called out. But since islam is almost considered as a 'religion of colour', it makes it impossible to criticize it or else the debate will revolve with the one criticizing islam to wether he's racist or not which is never the point to begin with.

My understanding is that they have reserved the name - Islamic Party of Ontario - but still have some hoops to jump through before they are an actual political party.  They are just in the beginning stages of forming.  But they are definitely trying to become a real political party.  They have even published the platform they intent to run on.

3 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Hey, I just registered to this forum. I'm obviously a Quebecer and a francophone with that, but I respect Canadians a lot and my family voted No for the 1995 Referendum. 

In Quebec, there was a big buzz about the news coming from your province, but I would like to know your opinion on that matter. Are Ontarians really that pro multiculturalism or is it a myth?

It's a nothing party with no future.

Ontarions, like the rest of English Canada, are not NEARLY so pro multiculturalism as the national media would have it. The national media hates Ford but he still won a majority. The English media would be  horrified if Doug Ford brought in the same kind of anti-face covering legislation Quebec has, but a poll showed 2/3rds of Canadians wish their province would bring in that same legislation. Two thirds of Canadians have also told various polls that immigrants aren't doing enough to assimilate. But these people will never appear in the media. And the media will crucify any politician at any level who expresses those sentiments.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Argus said:

It's a nothing party with no future.

Ontarions, like the rest of English Canada, are not NEARLY so pro multiculturalism as the national media would have it. The national media hates Ford but he still won a majority. The English media would be  horrified if Doug Ford brought in the same kind of anti-face covering legislation Quebec has, but a poll showed 2/3rds of Canadians wish their province would bring in that same legislation. Two thirds of Canadians have also told various polls that immigrants aren't doing enough to assimilate. But these people will never appear in the media. And the media will crucify any politician at any level who expresses those sentiments.

I too believe that many Ontarians, and likely other non-Francophone Canadians, are fed up with the form of quasi-segregationist multicultural dogma that's emerged in this country. But I'm not sure how feasible or well-supported an Islamic party might be. I read a report indicating that the putative party has opposed the previous (Wynne) government's sex-ed policy. Well, Ford's coalition of so-con cranks seems to be working on that. What else might an Islamic party achieve, given that the mainstream brokerage parties in their quest for votes seem willing to hand minority factions almost anything they want on a silver platter? Even Wynne had a carve-out (cave in?) in her sex ed regime for skittish religionists who didn't want their kids exposed to, well, the real world. My guess is that minority voters will stick with the brokerage parties. It's worked out well for them, so far.

Edited by turningrite

On 1/10/2019 at 1:53 PM, QuebecOverCanada said:

I don't profess Islam and from what I've read on its website, some of it does worry me. That said, I also agree with many of its proposals at least in principle especially when it comes to regulating addictive products and services like alcohol and gambling.

That said, a candidate should be able to promote similar ideas without joining an Islamic Party. I think Ontario should cease to give any offiical recognition to any political party. Ballots should show only the names of the candidates and the members of parliament can vote for the premiere.

On 1/11/2019 at 4:41 PM, Argus said:

These parties have no future unless we switch to a proportional rep system.

I think that the Christian Heritage Party has no future, because the demography and the willingness for Christians to vote for this party isn't concerning.

For muslims, I think we should take it way less lightly, as most muslims live for their religion and push for proselytism in an even more aggressive manner than Christians do, and trust me, I'm not a believer in any religion at all, but  muslims are way more radical and tend to invade the public sphere way more than other religions.

Edited by QuebecOverCanada
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

We're bringing in enough Muslims from backwards, barbaric shit holes that the Islamic Party will no doubt enjoy lording over us sooner rather than later. But that's the idea.

The thing is, we're seeing this phenomenon in another civilized country called... Belgium.

There's a party called 'ISLAM' over there, and at first was not concerning; they just wanted family tribunals for muslims when the party was founded in 2002. But then, afterwards, it became more and more radical, since there are lot more muslims in Belgium, thus supporting djihadism and other extremist doctrines of the religion of islam. They now support a totalitarian islamic state in Belgium for all Belgians.

Give a hand to a muslim, he'll chop off your arm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

The thing is, we're seeing this phenomenon in another civilized country called... Belgium.

There's a party called 'ISLAM' over there, and at first was not concerning; they just wanted family tribunals for muslims when the party was founded in 2002. But then, afterwards, it became more and more radical, since there are lot more muslims in Belgium, thus supporting djihadism and other extremist doctrines of the religion of islam. They now support a totalitarian islamic state in Belgium for all Belgians.

Give a hand to a muslim, he'll chop off your arm.

The plan, frankly, is printed-out in black & white for anybody to see in the Quran...which for some reason, most Canadians think Muslims do not take literally or seriously.

'They don't really want us converted or dead...do they? Do they??'

• Like 1

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

The plan, frankly, is printed-out in black & white for anybody to see in the Quran...which for some reason, most Canadians think Muslims do not take literally or seriously.

'They don't really want us converted or dead...do they? Do they??'

As I stated in another thread, I'm a young buck, I am 23 years old.

I know the people of my generation more than most of you on this forum, especially those who attended college from 2015 to 2018. There are lots, and lots of muslim extremists, even in the ranks of the well off and well educated. Being a religious extremist has nothing to do with the West messing with the Middle East. This is a religious doctrine, and thank you for stating the obvious, because it is not understood by the ignorant at all. Read the Quran, and you'll understand there is a tone to act upon certain rules instead of being guided by principles -wrong or not- of Christian or Jewish doctrines. I wish people were more knowledgeable about islam, because it is really a societal cancer.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

As I stated in another thread, I'm a young buck, I am 23 years old.

I know the people of my generation more than most of you on this forum, especially those who attended college from 2015 to 2018. There are lots, and lots of muslim extremists, even in the ranks of the well off and well educated. Being a religious extremist has nothing to do with the West messing with the Middle East. This is a religious doctrine, and thank you for stating the obvious, because it is not understood by the ignorant at all. Read the Quran, and you'll understand there is a tone to act upon certain rules instead of being guided by principles -wrong or not- of Christian or Jewish doctrines. I wish people were more knowledgeable about islam, because it is really a societal cancer.

I'm a Cold Warrior. Grew up in a small city destined to get punched by 3 or 4 megaton H-Bombs due to its position on the Pine Tree Line. I've never trusted Islam...back in the day, they threw their lot in with the Soviets for the most part...save for Saudi Arabia...which is why they are 'special' in the eyes of the Americans. Israel had the job of keeping all those cunts in line....and that they did well.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

I think that the Christian Heritage Party has no future, because the demography and the willingness for Christians to vote for this party isn't concerning.

Don't kid yourself. They're largely a  one-trick-pony, but there are a lot of people (you won't see this in the mainstream media) who have major issues with abortion. it might be absolutely setttled among the mainstream elites, but anywhere from 10-25% of the population are anti-abortion. They mostly don't pay much attention to CH because they know they can't get any seats anyway. But give them proportionate rep and the ability to really influence the national political scene and they'd get a lot more votes.

2 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

For muslims, I think we should take it way less lightly, as most muslims live for their religion and push for proselytism in an even more aggressive manner than Christians do, and trust me, I'm not a believer in any religion at all, but  muslims are way more radical and tend to invade the public sphere way more than other religions.

Yes, and if there was proportionate rep they'd be able to elect candidates. But there are no ridings with a high enough percentage of Muslims at the moment, to elect someone from a party which could expect no votes from the rest of the community.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

Don't kid yourself. They're largely a  one-trick-pony, but there are a lot of people (you won't see this in the mainstream media) who have major issues with abortion. it might be absolutely setttled among the mainstream elites, but anywhere from 10-25% of the population are anti-abortion. They mostly don't pay much attention to CH because they know they can't get any seats anyway. But give them proportionate rep and the ability to really influence the national political scene and they'd get a lot more votes.

Yes, and if there was proportionate rep they'd be able to elect candidates. But there are no ridings with a high enough percentage of Muslims at the moment, to elect someone from a party which could expect no votes from the rest of the community.

..."at the moment" being the key phrase. 

5 hours ago, Argus said:

How do you know they would get no non-Muslim votes? I don't profess Islam and I actually agree with many Muslim ideas nonetheless.

I just checked the CBC website for anything on the Islamic Party of Ontario and nothing yet. On the party's own website they mention things like only two genders,marriage is only between a man and a woman,a ban on abortion and separation of the sexes in schools. Very little in the mainstream media about this for the obvious reason,namely Islam cannot be criticized .

Imagine the outrage if any white,conservative political figure had put forward policies like this!

It will be interesting to see how much support they get in the next election as there is a strong argument to be made  that working within existing leftist parties like the Liberals and the NDP is the faster way to force the Islamist agenda in Ontario.

https://www.islamicontario.ca/Islamic-Party-of-Ontario-Principles-and-Policy_324.html

17 minutes ago, ironstone said:

I just checked the CBC website for anything on the Islamic Party of Ontario and nothing yet. On the party's own website they mention things like only two genders,marriage is only between a man and a woman,a ban on abortion and separation of the sexes in schools. Very little in the mainstream media about this for the obvious reason,namely Islam cannot be criticized .

These would be "bad" Muslims.  (As opposed to good ones who don't want their laws based on religion)

It would be okay to criticize them.

Okay by me, anyway...

Ok I just read the Islamic Party program and it's pretty hilarious/as backward as the muslims who wrote this garbage, and using the Charter of Rights and Freedoms to their advantage.

The sexual relationship is only between men and women.  God made Adam and Eve --not Adam and Steve.

Obscenity, vulgarity, nudity, and perversion must be checked. Liquor, drugs, adultery, gambling, etc. should be banned in society.

Government funding to all faith-based schools with the freedom of conscience and religion (guaranteed by Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom) must be granted.

Should be a strict law to ban blasphemy of any religious (all) symbols and personalities.