Doug Ford - leader of Ontario PCs

3 minutes ago, Centerpiece said:

Just another example of how these things can propagate through cyberspace via twitter and it's re-tweets, online posts and forums......it's a crazy place out there.

That's the 2nd fake DoFo one I fell for... Please call these out, as I correct them when I see them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

That's the 2nd fake DoFo one I fell for... Please call these out, as I correct them when I see them.

They'll be  more as election day nears. Granted, Ford is fertile ground for outrageous comments - but Liberal desperation has not and will not be a pretty sight. We'll all have to consider the source.

At one time, Liberals AND Conservatives were somewhat trustworthy parties at both the Federal and Provincial level. They gave Canada well-deserved credit for stable governance. In general, they did what they said they would do, within reason. THESE provincial Liberals cannot be trusted. Putting aside the scandals and waste of the Lost Decade - it was only last year that Sousa said they would balance the budget for the foreseeable future because it wasn't fair to burden our children with debt. Nothing has changed other than their position in the polls as the election looms. You cannot trust what they say. As for Trudeau and THESE federal Liberals - their campaign promises were nothing but lies - each one crafted to attract a block of voters. Not only can you not trust them, you should never believe them. It's sad and shameful that it's come to this.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2018 at 6:45 PM, Michael Hardner said:

It's actually kind of shocking that someone wanting to be premier would have no clue about such things.  Ontarians may, upon their first look, be genuinely surprised at how much of an idiot he is.  Then the choice becomes one between ... well, you know ...

Why is he a idiot,mike?

On 3/30/2018 at 4:29 PM, Michael Hardner said:

https://www.cp24.com/news/liberals-have-gained-ground-on-tories-with-release-of-budget-poll-suggests-1.3865652

It's just one poll, but the numbers are pretty drastic.  It's entirely possible that Ontario's first look at Ford didn't go well.

What were people expecting? Ford to come out on top and solve all our issues? I bet we get another term of Wynne.

8 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Last poll seems like an anomaly:

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/onvotes/poll-tracker/

Lead is back at 42% to 27%

Not to worry. She's not done promising. Now it's high speed rail.

Premier Kathleen Wynne was at Info-Tech in London today to highlight Ontario's historic investment to build a high speed rail line along the Toronto-Windsor corridor that will connect communities and create jobs and economic growth across Southwestern Ontario.

As announced in the 2018 Budget, the government will make an initial investment of more than $11 billion to support construction of Phase One of the project between Toronto and London.

https://news.ontario.ca/opo/en/2018/04/ontario-commits-over-11-billion-to-build-first-phase-of-high-speed-rail.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I don't think so.  The gap is too large.  I'm betting on Ford to win, although if he screws up he could get a minority government.

I don't see how that's possible. If he doesn't get a majority the Liberals and NDP will form a government.

8 hours ago, Argus said:

Not to worry. She's not done promising. Now it's high speed rail.

Premier Kathleen Wynne was at Info-Tech in London today to highlight Ontario's historic investment to build a high speed rail line along the Toronto-Windsor corridor that will connect communities and create jobs and economic growth across Southwestern Ontario.

As announced in the 2018 Budget, the government will make an initial investment of more than $11 billion to support construction of Phase One of the project between Toronto and London.

https://news.ontario.ca/opo/en/2018/04/ontario-commits-over-11-billion-to-build-first-phase-of-high-speed-rail.html

I'm getting depressed.

CTV is starting to suggest and float the idea that Ford is hiding from the press. 

Edited by betsy

And he should because we all know he will not get a fair shake from the left wing media that runs Ontario. And the star is almost out of business and they wonder why? lol

On 3/14/2018 at 4:30 PM, Queenmandy85 said:

I've been trying to keep this about Doug Ford. He promised to end taxing carbon. I just hope he has an alternate plan to  replace carbon as an energy source. He has the opportunity to be a great premier if he makes the right choices.

Why do people think we need a carbon tax. We produce 1.6% and with the natural cleansing of our own country forests ,we are a net producer of carbon. Sending billions to california does nothing for the environment. Why can't people understand that. 

4 hours ago, PIK said:

Why do people think we need a carbon tax. We produce 1.6% and with the natural cleansing of our own country forests ,we are a net producer of carbon. Sending billions to california does nothing for the environment. Why can't people understand that. 

Because no one in the media ever points out to them how little impact it will have, nor how much it will cost. Certainly the government does its best not to tell them either.

On 4/6/2018 at 6:02 PM, Michael Hardner said:

I don't think so.  The gap is too large.  I'm betting on Ford to win, although if he screws up he could get a minority government.

I'd guess Ford minority government, Liberals haven't even started campaigning yet, Ford made the blunder of not having a media bus, so his smart comments will not be broadcasted, while Wynne will be on 6 and 11 pm news every night campaigning and at the African Canadian debate which Ford refuses to participate in.  Ford will slowly lose support, NDP voters will shift to liberal for fear of conservative majority and Ford will predictably say something stupid in public when or if he releases a platform.  The liberals tend to surge from behind in these electiions and Conservatives fall apart.  I am sure the liberals have at least 1 week of scandals to release on Ford.

On 4/7/2018 at 5:47 AM, betsy said:

I'm getting depressed.

CTV is starting to suggest and float the idea that Ford is hiding from the press. 

He is because he has a pattern of making dumb gaffs, that is why he lost to perennial candidate Jon Tory.  If Ford can avoid the media to election day, they might not catch him making a dumb enough comment or stepping on his dack.  If he can do that, he might just win a minority government.  It is a risk though, because if the media doesn't cover him, people will forget he is in the race, they cannot vote for someone whose policies are unknown and people will re-elect Wynne.  Think of what it means to not even have a platform, he will be defenseless against liberal attacks.

On 3/21/2018 at 8:54 AM, BubberMiley said:

Didn't Doug say he was going to sue the Globe and Mail for reporting he was a big hash dealer in the 80s, even though half his neighborhood confirmed he was a big hash dealer in the 80s? He wouldn't be someone who would blame the media or the police to try to distract from his own criminal activity, would he? Am I seeing a pattern?

Lol, if he was, with legal weed, he might get more votes.

On 4/6/2018 at 12:42 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Last poll seems like an anomaly:

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/onvotes/poll-tracker/

Lead is back at 42% to 27%

Interesting - there was a huge flurry of reporting about the Forum poll of 728 respondents that showed Liberals making a comeback. I'm out of the country right now but trying to keep up. I have not seen any similar flurry showing the more recent EKOS and Mainstreet polls showing no such thing. I only found out about them through the link. Have there been any mea-culpas from the original flurry?