South Africa to expel Whites from farms

Argus

Anyone who thought South Africa was headed in the right direction had best think again. Apparently the raging success of neighbouring Zimbabwe, whose agricultural sector and economy collapsed after it seized white owned farms, has inspired South Africa to go the same route. Farms owned by white people will be 'expropriated' without compensation. In other words, simply stolen and then given to party loyalists. No doubt white companies and properties will come next.

White South African farmers will be removed from their land after a landslide vote in parliament.
The country's constitution is now likely to be amended to allow for the confiscation of white-owned land without compensation, following a motion brought by radical Marxist opposition leader Julius Malema. It passed by 241 votes for to 83 against after a vote on Tuesday, and the policy was a key factor in new president Cyril Ramaphosa's platform after he took over from Jacob Zuma in February. Mr Malema said the time for 'reconciliation is over'. 'Now is the time for justice,' News24 reported. 'We must ensure that we restore the dignity of our people without compensating the criminals who stole our land.'

He's talking about the 17th century, btw. None of the people alive today had anything to do with it, but he's referring to them as 'criminals' regardless. 

Mr Malema has a long-standing commitment to land confiscation without compensation. In 2016 he told his supporters he was 'not calling for the slaughter of white people - at least for now'.

Guess we'll be hearing howls of protest from all the liberal western governments who denounced Apartheid, right? I mean, Trudeau will be in a rage over this! LOL. There won't be a peep of protest. And I bet most of the Western media ignores it completely. It doesn't fit in with the narrative of "whites evil - blacks helpless, innocent victims".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5443599/White-South-African-farmers-removed-land.html

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, -TSS- said:

I guess all South-African whites who have somewhere to go and money to do so have already left. The ones still there just have to manage.

That's about two and a half million people. Who from the sounds of it are about to become the Jews in Nazi Germany.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

That's about two and a half million people. Who from the sounds of it are about to become the Jews in Nazi Germany.

Seems more like Nazis fleeing Jewish reprisal.  I know I know, it would be wonderful if everyone could just get over the past but it just doesn't seem to work that way.

That said, its the economic injustice and political opportunism in the present that's really driving black resentment in Africa - the same thing that propelled the Nazis to prominence ironically.

Edited by eyeball

The place certainly doesn't need more discord but it sounds like a little tit for tat if you look at the history. Probably heard that old line about "when the Boers arrived, we had the land and they had the Bible. They said bow your heads and when we opened our eyes, they had the land and we had the bible"

31 minutes ago, Omni said:

The place certainly doesn't need more discord but it sounds like a little tit for tat if you look at the history. Probably heard that old line about "when the Boers arrived, we had the land and they had the Bible. They said bow your heads and when we opened our eyes, they had the land and we had the bible"

Yeah, well that was three hundred years ago. None of the white farmers are responsible.  And all this is going to do is destroy their agricultural sector, end all foreign investment in the country (who is going to invest in a country where your property can be instantly confiscated without compensation?), and turn South Africa into the same kind of shithole as Zimbabwe.

15 minutes ago, Argus said:

Yeah, well that was three hundred years ago. None of the white farmers are responsible.  And all this is going to do is destroy their agricultural sector, end all foreign investment in the country (who is going to invest in a country where your property can be instantly confiscated without compensation?), and turn South Africa into the same kind of shithole as Zimbabwe.

Apartheid started 70 years ago. Who do you think was responsible for that? Give you a hint, they were white, and maybe a little racist.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Seems more like Nazis fleeing Jewish reprisal.  I know I know, it would be wonderful if everyone could just get over the past but it just doesn't seem to work that way.

That said, its the economic injustice and political opportunism in the present that's really driving black resentment in Africa - the same thing that propelled the Nazis to prominence ironically.

The South Africans imported the reserve system from Canada, but they still needed to exploit "black" labour.   Canada could abuse and subjugate its "aboriginals" with impunity and without fear of backlash because it imported more like minded people from Europe....and imported Asian slaves to help fill in the gaps.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Omni said:

Apartheid started 70 years ago. Who do you think was responsible for that? Give you a hint, they were white, and maybe a little racist.  

So what point are you making as it pertains to this situation? Are you saying that it's all hunky dory because of that past injustice? That the only way to right an injustice is to commit a further injustice? I'm not sure if the stat still holds true but South Africa was known as the murder capitol of the world. I'm thinking that what will happen will eclipse the situation that first earned it that title.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The South Africans imported the reserve system from Canada, but they still needed to exploit "black" labour.   Canada could abuse and subjugate its "aboriginals" with impunity and without fear of backlash because it imported more like minded people from Europe....and imported Asian slaves to help fill in the gaps.

A lot less Natives in Canada to subjugate, as well.

I watched some reports by Lauren Southern out of SA and it does look grim. A genocide in the making.

Perhaps Nick Nolte can still play the part of dedicated UN man in the upcoming movie.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

A lot less Natives in Canada to subjugate, as well.

I watched some reports by Lauren Southern out of SA and it does look grim. A genocide in the making.

Perhaps Nick Nolte can still play the part of dedicated UN man in the upcoming movie.  

Indeed....now where did I put my Zulu (1964) DVD ?

Zulu_film_poster.jpg

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Zulu Dawn, too.

About 15 years ago, we hired programmers (mostly old school COBOL) who were fleeing South African unrest, crime rates...complete collapse of their economy.    They were good at slinging code, but there was a big "problem" that HR had to deal with...they hated the BLACK (American) employees....could/would not work with them.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

About 15 years ago, we hired programmers (mostly old school COBOL) who were fleeing South African unrest, crime rates...complete collapse of their economy.    They were good at slinging code, but there was a big "problem" that HR had to deal with...they hated the BLACK (American) employees....could/would not work with them.

South African whites come in two basic flavours...Dutch and British. The Dutch are the ones with the Medieval ties to the sacred land as they term it. High religious component.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

South African whites come in two basic flavours...Dutch and British. The Dutch are the ones with the Medieval ties to the sacred land as they term it. High religious component.

Yep...the Dutch ( Afrikaners ) were more hard core....maybe led to this invention for personal defense in South Africa:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AngusThermopyle said:

So what point are you making as it pertains to this situation? Are you saying that it's all hunky dory because of that past injustice? That the only way to right an injustice is to commit a further injustice? I'm not sure if the stat still holds true but South Africa was known as the murder capitol of the world. I'm thinking that what will happen will eclipse the situation that first earned it that title.

No it doesn't sound hunky dory, even considering past injustices. Going back and forth to extremes is not likely the best way to a solution. However front page headlines are often simply meant as attention getters. I'll wait to see what the actual details roll out. 

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yep...the Dutch ( Afrikaners ) were more hard core....maybe led to this invention for personal defense in South Africa:

Hah...James Bond, I'll say.

James Michener wrote one of his sprawling familial novels about both types of families (UK & Dutch) as well as the Zulu. The Covenant...great read and well researched as usual.

The Dutch connection goes back to the Dutch East India Trading Company and earlier random voyages around the Cape of Hope. Twilight of the Middle Ages... The Cape was a cursed region to the tribes of the region, apparently. But, I'd need to read-up more as to why exactly.

Where the Hudson Bay Company built their fort in this city was considered cursed land by the local tribes...flooding...BIG flooding. Kill you in your sleep flooding. Ascribe a myth to it...

:)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Argus said:

Guess we'll be hearing howls of protest from all the liberal western governments who denounced Apartheid, right? I mean, Trudeau will be in a rage over this! LOL. There won't be a peep of protest. And I bet most of the Western media ignores it completely. It doesn't fit in with the narrative of "whites evil - blacks helpless, innocent victims".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5443599/White-South-African-farmers-removed-land.html

Maybe Trump will make a tweet about it. Other than that, it will be ignored by Western governments for sure. Even if they go full genocide with extermination camps and all, chances are it would still be ignored. 

What's the chance Canada will take in White South African refugees fleeing persecution? :lol:

Edited by Bonam
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bonam said:

Maybe Trump will make a tweet about it. Other than that, it will be ignored by Western governments for sure. Even if they go full genocide with extermination camps and all, chances are it would still be ignored. 

What's the chance Canada will take in White South African refugees fleeing persecution? :lol:

With the Liberals in charge!? None. In fact all you're likely to hear from the progressives is 'tut tut' type noises while bringing up apartheid.

33 minutes ago, Hudson Jones said:

For a guy who doesn't know the simple history of a region, you sure do have a lot of opinions on the region.

I'm not the guy who uses ancient history to excuse violence against people. That's your thing.

29 minutes ago, Argus said:

I'm not the guy who uses ancient history to excuse violence against people. That's your thing.

When you said "300 years ago", were you talking dog years?

The apartheid government, which created blacks only cantons in South Africa, and monopolized all of the industries was finally brought down in the early 90's.

LOL @ "excuse violence" and "ancient history".

Unfortunately, you have very limited knowledge of many situations around the world. Perhaps study them before you come huffing and puffing with your declarations and opinions.

Edited by Hudson Jones
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

Hah...James Bond, I'll say.

James Michener wrote one of his sprawling familial novels about both types of families (UK & Dutch) as well as the Zulu. The Covenant...great read and well researched as usual.

The Dutch connection goes back to the Dutch East India Trading Company and earlier random voyages around the Cape of Hope. Twilight of the Middle Ages... The Cape was a cursed region to the tribes of the region, apparently. But, I'd need to read-up more as to why exactly.

Where the Hudson Bay Company built their fort in this city was considered cursed land by the local tribes...flooding...BIG flooding. Kill you in your sleep flooding. Ascribe a myth to it...

:)

The Covenant is a great book, I read it years ago, lately I've been thinking about reading it again. Currently I'm reading Birds of Prey by Michener. It's about the Corsair's, specifically the Nautoniers, a seafaring offspring of the Nights Templar. It's set around the coast of South Africa and tells the story of an English knight and his son, how they raided and fell afoul of the Dutch East India Trading Company. I haven't finished it yet but I'm sure young Hal will avenge his fathers death by drawing and quatering, and will eventually carry the day.

Love Michener, always a great read.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Argus said:

Anyone who thought South Africa was headed in the right direction had best think again. Apparently the raging success of neighbouring Zimbabwe, whose agricultural sector and economy collapsed after it seized white owned farms, has inspired South Africa to go the same route. Farms owned by white people will be 'expropriated' without compensation. In other words, simply stolen and then given to party loyalists. No doubt white companies and properties will come next.

White South African farmers will be removed from their land after a landslide vote in parliament.
The country's constitution is now likely to be amended to allow for the confiscation of white-owned land without compensation, following a motion brought by radical Marxist opposition leader Julius Malema. It passed by 241 votes for to 83 against after a vote on Tuesday, and the policy was a key factor in new president Cyril Ramaphosa's platform after he took over from Jacob Zuma in February. Mr Malema said the time for 'reconciliation is over'. 'Now is the time for justice,' News24 reported. 'We must ensure that we restore the dignity of our people without compensating the criminals who stole our land.'

He's talking about the 17th century, btw. None of the people alive today had anything to do with it, but he's referring to them as 'criminals' regardless. 

Mr Malema has a long-standing commitment to land confiscation without compensation. In 2016 he told his supporters he was 'not calling for the slaughter of white people - at least for now'.

Fake news.  Nothing in the bill talks about race.  The bill is aimed at expropriating land worth tens of billions or trillions from tribal chiefs in South Africa who rule over homelands setup by the apartheid government.  There is no way the government could pay them trillions and the chieftan system is stifling legitimate land reform.

Further your ignorance of South Africa is quiet obvious as is Zimbabwe.  SA banned foreign land ownership back in 2015, so this will not affect any foreigner unless they refused to comply with  the law which saw them compensated at market rates.

Malema is not even the opposition leader, Maimane is, Malema is the third in terms of votes and was expelled from the ANC for making foolish comments.  Although he is correct that most of the landowners in South Africa who are white obtained those land via apartheid and colonial era theft.  The dailymail is not even a real news paper, it is a tabloid.