I'm Sick of Society

Cum Laude

23 minutes ago, Bonam said:

Easily said but the reality is most people don't really react positively to someone "interacting" with them out of the blue. Start talking to someone in their 20s-30s in a random setting and they will assume that you are either: 1) crazy, 2) creepy, 3) about to ask for money. Tinder and similar tools provide a platform where the purpose of the interaction is known and people can interact on their own time when they feel like doing so. Culture has changed too much relative to what you may have experienced. You can't just "go out there" and start "interacting" because that is so far outside the norm that it will not generally get positive reactions. When it comes to asking women out, if you approach one at random, you're just as likely to end up in court for harassment as you are to go on a date (both outcomes at the <1% level). To interact productively, you have to use the medium that people expect you to use. 

Part of the problem is also the fear that permeates our culture.  Men attacking/raping women, children being abducted, men being conned by women, each a tragedy, but at the same time not the norm.  However dramatic media reports make us think they are because we aren't made aware of the millions of people who go about their daily life without anything bad happening.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Part of the problem is also the fear that permeates our culture.  Men attacking/raping women, children being abducted, men being conned by women, each a tragedy, but at the same time not the norm.  However dramatic media reports make us think they are because we aren't made aware of the millions of people who go about their daily life without anything bad happening.

True. By most quantitative measures, society is safer than ever, and yet people perceive it to be more dangerous than ever. 

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

:lol:  c'mon man.  Go see what's happening at your nearest university student union meetings.  These people are our future politicians and they act like little toddlers born with no brains.

Seem to recall very similar things being said about kids of my generation by their elders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bonam said:

Easily said but the reality is most people don't really react positively to someone "interacting" with them out of the blue. Start talking to someone in their 20s-30s in a random setting and they will assume that you are either: 1) crazy, 2) creepy, 3) about to ask for money. Tinder and similar tools provide a platform where the purpose of the interaction is known and people can interact on their own time when they feel like doing so. Culture has changed too much relative to what you may have experienced. You can't just "go out there" and start "interacting" because that is so far outside the norm that it will not generally get positive reactions. When it comes to asking women out, if you approach one at random, you're just as likely to end up in court for harassment as you are to go on a date (both outcomes at the <1% level). To interact productively, you have to use the medium that people expect you to use. 

Nonsense.  These are excuses not to talk with and interact with people one is attracted to but too afraid to approach.  If you come off as a creep they'll think you're a creep. People just have to have a good opener.  If they're attracted to you, they'll be receptive, if they aren't then you accept your fate & move on to the next girl.  It's scary to get rejected yes but in reality it causes no harm, you'll likely never see that person again & there's endless more people you can approach.  Online dating is a fine tool but it has it's drawbacks too.  Consider this: far fewer people will ask a good-looking person on a date face-to-face than on a dating site, so the odds are in your favor to ask out an attractive person out in person. I've been on dating sites, I know, the best looking people get TONS of messages so you're competing with everyone.

Or join a co-ed sports team or some other activity.  My friend did that, he's fat, smelly, & annoying but has no shame, he asked out all the hot girls on his team & had sex with 2 of them (not at the same time lol).  2 out of 6 girls is pretty good.

Here I'll help our university-aged Cum Laude get a date:  Go up to any boy/girl you find attractive at school and open with "hey weren't you in my (make up a common class, like "research" or "psychology") class?"  They'll either say yes or no or I don't know.  Either way, make up some story about the class and the "crazy prof" to make her laugh then ask for a # if she seems in any way receptive.  You won't get charged with harassment.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

7 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Nonsense.  These are excuses not to talk with and interact with people one is attracted to but too afraid to approach.  If you come off as a creep they'll think you're a creep. People just have to have a good opener.  If they're attracted to you, they'll be receptive, if they aren't then you accept your fate & move on to the next girl.  It's scary to get rejected yes but in reality it causes no harm, you'll likely never see that person again & there's endless more people you can approach.  Online dating is a fine tool but it has it's drawbacks too.  Consider this: far fewer people will ask a good-looking person on a date face-to-face than on a dating site, so the odds are in your favor to ask out an attractive person out in person. I've been on dating sites, I know, the best looking people get TONS of messages so you're competing with everyone.

Or join a co-ed sports team or some other activity.  My friend did that, he's fat, smelly, & annoying but has no shame, he asked out all the hot girls on his team & had sex with 2 of them (not at the same time lol).  2 out of 6 girls is pretty good.

Thanks for the dating advice lol. My opinion is that the cultural expectation of the amount of effort males are expected to put forth into getting women to date them while women are supposed to just sit back and wait for guys to come around and ask them is absurd. Yes, you can spend your free time walking around your college campus hoping to find an attractive female to strike up conversation with, and then another, and then another, until one finally seems responsive. But why? Getting rejected isn't the issue, it's that the amount of time and effort one must put in in order to have any non-zero result is prohibitively high. There are other, better, ways to spend that time. For example, you can be studying for that next exam, working your 2nd job, or slaying enemies in a video game (:lol:). Meanwhile, your automated tinder algorithm can be swiping right for you until some girl seems interested, and then you can talk to her. 

9 hours ago, Bonam said:

What evidence?

I cant speak for Michael, but for me evidence that it poses a statistically significant threat to me would be a good start. Or some evidence the solutions proposed by fear-dumb hyperbolists, actually do anything to mitigate the "problem".

If I was an insurance company, I would insure you against the threat of terrorism to your person or property for about 2 dollars per year. I would charge about 8 to insure you against lightening strikes.

3 hours ago, Bonam said:

True. By most quantitative measures, society is safer than ever, and yet people perceive it to be more dangerous than ever. 

Yup... and that's not an accident. Selling a false sense of security to fear-dumb westerners is probably the most lucrative endeavor in all of human history.  Where do you think the trillions of dollars we have spent on "terrorism" actually went? To build schools for girls in Afghanistan? No... Its all in the pockets of western corporations and people that own shares in them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dre said:

Yup... and that's not an accident. Selling a false sense of security to fear-dumb westerners is probably the most lucrative endeavor in all of human history.  Where do you think the trillions of dollars we have spent on "terrorism" actually went? To build schools for girls in Afghanistan? No... Its all in the pockets of western corporations and people that own shares in them.

I realize that the only thing that is controlled in this failure of a society is the masses and they are being controlled, squeezed ever harder and tighter with the advent of each and every techno-bauble that is heaped upon them to this end. The game now is to set the herd into actions that are intended to distract them from their own plight and turn them on one another so that they do not realize how completely and badly they are being played. The question remains to be answered as to when that panicking shot is discharged and the stampede is initiated, though it would appear that there will be many shots, many venues and many panics that will soon be upon us. The objective is to confuse the herd so that it tramples itself and not those who are controlling them. Of course, there remains a possibility that the herd members will simply collapse into shivering heaps in the dirt and whimper and cry themselves into non-existence. This might actually be the best way for it to all play out, but in any case the pace is certainly quickening.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2017 at 9:42 AM, Cum Laude said:

Let me tell you older folk that I’m not looking forward to joining this “system” and I’d rather have this thing destabilize/blowup than live in this for the rest of my life.

I feel exactly the same way.

Just hope the mostly mindless college kids don’t ruin any of the possible changes that have to take place with “social justice”, “peoples movements”, and by being “Revolutionaries” with a capitol R!

Except, I'm not looking forward to mindlessly conservative seniors cheering on maintaining social injustice, corporate movements and being compliant with a capital C.

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎24 at 0:42 PM, Cum Laude said:

I can no longer stand our form of society. I think about the title of a book called “The Sociopathic Society”. We can hardly be called a society; it’s more of a big incoherent dog eat dog system we live in. Civil society in North America, people caring for one another and talking to one another, has practically broken down. A majority of people are more concerned about marijuana legalization than the troubles we all will face.

I can’t stand that my world being confined to Home, Road, Work, Home, grocery store, Road, Work, Home. I can’t stand the isolation, I can’t stand that most people have nothing important to say to one another, I can’t stand ugly buildings and their fluorescent lighting, I can’t stand the pragmatic immoral indifference of the adult population to $70000 a year for college tuition, Health care extortion, corporate tyranny, abusive and comically incompetent schools (all of them), Endless wars killing millions to drive value into lockheed martin stock making the world a less safe place to live in, ect. ect. ect. (in other words: Anything that matters is off limits!)

And when I try to talk to middle class adults and wealthy ones and professors about this they give me the look “Hey, don’t talk about this stuff; everything is great - be optimistic. You are a weirdo for even bringing this up. If you think the world is such a bad place then maybe you should work harder at school”.

Let me tell you older folk that I’m not looking forward to joining this “system” and I’d rather have this thing destabilize/blowup than live in this for the rest of my life.

For the past three generations, the compensation for living in this horror system was great material wealth, but what if that is taken away? What if you destroy culture, civil relation, security, friendships and leave nothing in its place?

Get ready folk! The next economic crash is when the shit is really gonna hit the fan! Most people are hanging on by their finger tips; another crash will kick those finger tip off completely. Just hope the mostly mindless college kids don’t ruin any of the possible changes that have to take place with “social justice”, “peoples movements”, and by being “Revolutionaries” with a capitol R!

You sound depressed from dwelling on the negative, i.e., idiots, what's not working, how ugly humans can be, etc.

Yoh turn off that station. I mean it. Turn off the internet, the cell phone,  the noise. Refocus to something simple like walking a dog, patting a cat, riding a horse, planting something, painting or building something, cleaning something up, feeding someone at a food shelter, visiting old people in an old age home or a vet in a hospital or becoming a big brother.

I am serious. I know it sounds full of shit, but sometimes just refocusing your brain on doing something you know is right and does good, is all it takes.

Revolutions get started by the smallest of positive actions.

My only other comment is naked women. I find when the world is driving me nutzo the most helpful thing I can do is imagine the ideal woman naked. Really it helps.

Just don't join any cults man. They make you get silly hair cuts and chant weird things.

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

How come we can rape Islam without apologizing? 

Well since you are part of the "we" answer the question.

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Except, I'm not looking forward to mindlessly conservative seniors cheering on maintaining social injustice, corporate movements and being compliant with a capital C.

No but you will  stereotype people you do not know but think you do and arbitrarily ascribe to them negative characteristics. That simply renders you a bigot with nothing constructive to say.

It also answers your first question above. You rape and don't apologize because you are oblivious to the consequences of your behaviour which reduces the value of human life and give s you the excuse to mock it and dehumanize it.

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎25 at 11:25 AM, Cum Laude said:

I realize that the only thing that is controlled in this failure of a society is the masses and they are being controlled, squeezed ever harder and tighter with the advent of each and every techno-bauble that is heaped upon them to this end.

You can't absolutely control people. You can temporarily impede or contain  their movement but you can't absolutely control them. I learned that from watching Corgis, and other herding dogs. They can "control" the movement of the direction of sheep or cattle or cows but they can't stop a bull or renegade cow with foot and mouth disease or a sheep with rabies or distemper or a brain tumour. They can steer and direct them  but they have their  limits.

If society was perfectly controlled like you think it was you couldn't do many of the things you can do if you choose to. People who are controlled delegate the control, sometimes intentionally, other times unintentionally but none-the-less because of decisions they made to avoid doing it themselves. We always have a choice. You do. I do. There are people every day on this planet who choose not to be controlled.

Control is something that is not an absolute physical thing-that's your material world bias speaking that's conditioned you to believe that-control is a state of mind. When the doors of the concentration camps were left open and the Nazis left, holocaust survivors sat and did not move.

You can choose to turn off the internet, cell phone, radio, walk instead of drive a car, not smoke or drink,  or buy certain things. The question is do you want to make certain choices. i.e., sacrifices which will diminish the control or even unshackle you completely.....

Oh hell man you can't drive in traffic without being controlled of course... but if you walk, or take your bicycle you are not as controlled. Depends on what you want in your life. The more material you want, the more the consequences of owning that material controls your  choices of idependence.

Hey man, some Tibetan monk up in the mountains have decided control was an illusion they let  go. Their brain literally has no limits as to where it takes them.  Then again such monks live non material lives.

Its kind of hard for you and me to get to that state when we are in an environment that tells us but does not ask us how to live

So you have choices. You have the choice to accept being told what to do about certain things, or say ah fuck that and decide to do without certain things.

Best analogy is food. Does your choice of food control you or the other way around?

How about sex as another example? You can choose to do without it but if you choose it, there is always some  condition or control attached to you by the person giving it.

I always say the only honest people out there when it comes to control are prostitutes-they make it clear what the price is for your choice.

Think of life as a series of visits to hookers and decide which ones you will pay for and which ones you will pass  on. 

Also think of your life as a series of possible encounters ith  sexually transmitted diseases  when it comes to deciding how controlled you want yourself to be.

The ultimate freedom is bound to give you syphilis sooner so sometimes you do need to  play it safe and compromise on just how much flexibility you have.

I would make a great rubber salesman.

1 hour ago, Rue said:

Well since you are part of the "we" answer the question.

No but you will  stereotype people you do not know but think you do and arbitrarily ascribe to them negative characteristics. That simply renders you a bigot with nothing constructive to say.

It also answers your first question above. You rape and don't apologize because you are oblivious to the consequences of your behaviour which reduces the value of human life and give s you the excuse to mock it and dehumanize it.

Yeah, I'm sick of you too.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2017 at 9:42 AM, Cum Laude said:

I can no longer stand our form of society. I think about the title of a book called “The Sociopathic Society”. We can hardly be called a society; it’s more of a big incoherent dog eat dog system we live in. Civil society in North America, people caring for one another and talking to one another, has practically broken down. A majority of people are more concerned about marijuana legalization than the troubles we all will face.

I can’t stand that my world being confined to Home, Road, Work, Home, grocery store, Road, Work, Home. I can’t stand the isolation, I can’t stand that most people have nothing important to say to one another, I can’t stand ugly buildings and their fluorescent lighting, I can’t stand the pragmatic immoral indifference of the adult population to $70000 a year for college tuition, Health care extortion, corporate tyranny, abusive and comically incompetent schools (all of them), Endless wars killing millions to drive value into lockheed martin stock making the world a less safe place to live in, ect. ect. ect. (in other words: Anything that matters is off limits!)

And when I try to talk to middle class adults and wealthy ones and professors about this they give me the look “Hey, don’t talk about this stuff; everything is great - be optimistic. You are a weirdo for even bringing this up. If you think the world is such a bad place then maybe you should work harder at school”.

For the past three generations, the compensation for living in this horror system was great material wealth, but what if that is taken away? What if you destroy culture, civil relation, security, friendships and leave nothing in its place?

Get ready folk! The next economic crash is when the shit is really gonna hit the fan! Most people are hanging on by their finger tips; another crash will kick those finger tip off completely. Just hope the mostly mindless college kids don’t ruin any of the possible changes that have to take place with “social justice”, “peoples movements”, and by being “Revolutionaries” with a capitol R!

We live in a world where people only think about themselves and making money only. It's all about me-me-me, and then some more about me. Nobody really cares about anything except what goes on in their own lives. That is the dilemma that we live in to today. Cellphones, TV, sports, and partying is what life is all about for most people. There is this attitude of to hell with the next guy/gal. I don't care about the what goes on in their life. But when something happens to those same people themselves, then they want the whole world to come running to their aid and help them. 

As an example. A man called Donald Trump comes along and says that he wants to "drain the swamp". And what did we get from most of the liberal fools out there? They want to keep the swamp from being drained. Until people start to really give a chit, nothing will change. Sad to say that I don't see that happening for a very long time yet, and maybe even never. Aw well. 

Edited by taxme

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

We live in a world where people only think about themselves and making money.

I agree that this is a problem, which includes people whining about 'taxpayer money' going to refugees.   We're wealthy, so helping the poor and destitute should be a priority for those who call themselves Christians, and separate themselves from Jews as such.   Another problem with money grubbing is Donald Trump and his ripping off of the American people.

As per the OP we need to focus on the positive and do our best individually.

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I agree that this is a problem, which includes people whining about 'taxpayer money' going to refugees.   We're wealthy, so helping the poor and destitute should be a priority for those who call themselves Christians, and separate themselves from Jews as such.   Another problem with money grubbing is Donald Trump and his ripping off of the American people.

As per the OP we need to focus on the positive and do our best individually.

1. You and that zionist ilk that you appear to support and cheer on will always be the reason why the world will always be in a mess that it finds itself into today. They enjoy stirring up the chit pot.  

2. Why don't you start up a poll here and let's just see how many people here really want to continue to see their tax dollars constantly going down the drain by the hundreds of millions of tax dollars being given away to the tens of thousands of so-called refugees entering legally or illegally every year, and see if they want to continually keep paying for all this immigration nonsense refugee stuff that has been going on for decades now? I would be interested to see what the results would be. 

3. We are all wealthy? Are you clueless or what? There are thousands of Canadians living in poverty and many of those people are living on the streets. The only poor that Canada and Canadians should be concerned about is their own people and country. What goes on in the rest of the world should not be Canadians concern or mine. If you/they want to help the rest of the world's poor then send all your money to help those poor refugees living in the rest of the world. You did say that you were wealthy, right? Canadians have been paying for decades in trying to help the rest of the world. It is the rest of the world that does not want to help themselves. They have children that they cannot afford to feed or clothe. That is dumb thinking on their part. Canadians are now billions of tax dollars in debt thanks to people like you. You don't care one bit about anyone else. Your ilk never do unless their is a buck to be made from it. All you care about is yourself. You just want to put a show on here like you give a dam. I believe that Christians are more generous than Jews. Jews only think about money. You care then pay for it yourself. Just saying. 

4. Talk is cheap, right? And that is what you are really good at. Chuckle-chuckle. 

Edited by taxme

27 minutes ago, taxme said:

people here really want to continue to see their tax dollars constantly going down the drain

So much for people only caring about themselves, money etc.

28 minutes ago, taxme said:

What goes on in the rest of the world should not be Canadians concern or mine.

So much for people only caring about themselves, money etc.

28 minutes ago, taxme said:

Talk is cheap, right? And that is what you are really good at. Chuckle-chuckle. 

Insults.