I'm Sick of Society

Cum Laude

I can no longer stand our form of society. I think about the title of a book called “The Sociopathic Society”. We can hardly be called a society; it’s more of a big incoherent dog eat dog system we live in. Civil society in North America, people caring for one another and talking to one another, has practically broken down. A majority of people are more concerned about marijuana legalization than the troubles we all will face.

I can’t stand that my world being confined to Home, Road, Work, Home, grocery store, Road, Work, Home. I can’t stand the isolation, I can’t stand that most people have nothing important to say to one another, I can’t stand ugly buildings and their fluorescent lighting, I can’t stand the pragmatic immoral indifference of the adult population to $70000 a year for college tuition, Health care extortion, corporate tyranny, abusive and comically incompetent schools (all of them), Endless wars killing millions to drive value into lockheed martin stock making the world a less safe place to live in, ect. ect. ect. (in other words: Anything that matters is off limits!)

And when I try to talk to middle class adults and wealthy ones and professors about this they give me the look “Hey, don’t talk about this stuff; everything is great - be optimistic. You are a weirdo for even bringing this up. If you think the world is such a bad place then maybe you should work harder at school”.

Let me tell you older folk that I’m not looking forward to joining this “system” and I’d rather have this thing destabilize/blowup than live in this for the rest of my life.

For the past three generations, the compensation for living in this horror system was great material wealth, but what if that is taken away? What if you destroy culture, civil relation, security, friendships and leave nothing in its place?

Get ready folk! The next economic crash is when the shit is really gonna hit the fan! Most people are hanging on by their finger tips; another crash will kick those finger tip off completely. Just hope the mostly mindless college kids don’t ruin any of the possible changes that have to take place with “social justice”, “peoples movements”, and by being “Revolutionaries” with a capitol R!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

The solution is obviously to yell "Nazi" louder.

:lol:

Great post...and I share your concerns. 

As long as the clueless maintain power the rest of us can get as smart as we want and it simply won’t matter. The clueless own the media and their fake truths are repeated to believability and your real truths are not. Hating on the over 68 all white crowd is pointless. Their place will be taken by another group with no more enlightenment than they.
I see plenty of young people smoking cigarettes and they all started after the negative health effects about cigarettes became known. That should tell you that generations do not improve in time.

As civilization travels down the arc of collapse generations become more decadent and unfocused until like ’roundup’ sprayed on a field of weeds reality kills everything.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cum Laude said:

As long as the clueless maintain power the rest of us can get as smart as we want and it simply won’t matter. The clueless own the media and their fake truths are repeated to believability and your real truths are not. Hating on the over 68 all white crowd is pointless. Their place will be taken by another group with no more enlightenment than they.
I see plenty of young people smoking cigarettes and they all started after the negative health effects about cigarettes became known. That should tell you that generations do not improve in time.

As civilization travels down the arc of collapse generations become more decadent and unfocused until like ’roundup’ sprayed on a field of weeds reality kills everything.

Islam can rape our children and we'll apologize. That's the sad state of affairs...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Great post...and I share your concerns. 

The answer is to talk to people in real life, not go on to web forums and spew discord through paranoid fantasies.  I go into my pluralistic society grateful that we have what we have, without fear of Muftis hiding under my pillow.  Breathe the air, it cures sickness.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cum Laude said:

1. “Hey, don’t talk about this stuff; everything is great - be optimistic.  

2. For the past three generations, the compensation for living in this horror system was great material wealth, but what if that is taken away? What if you destroy culture, civil relation, security, friendships and leave nothing in its place?

3. Get ready folk! The next economic crash is when the shit is really gonna hit the fan! Most people are hanging on by their finger tips; another crash will kick those finger tip off completely. Just hope the mostly mindless college kids don’t ruin any of the possible changes that have to take place with “social justice”, “peoples movements”, and by being “Revolutionaries” with a capitol R!

1. Talk about this stuff,  but still be optimistic.

2. Great material wealth from company salary has been on the decline for decades.  Nobody is entitled to wealth.  Everybody is responsible for culture.

3. The college kids I meet are balanced, hard working and wise.  I trust things will be great when they take over.

• Like 1

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

1. Talk about this stuff,  but still be optimistic.

2. Great material wealth from company salary has been on the decline for decades.  Nobody is entitled to wealth.  Everybody is responsible for culture.

3. The college kids I meet are balanced, hard working and wise.  I trust things will be great when they take over.

Your # 3......I hate it when coffee comes out of my nose.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

What is your plan for Canadian Muslim children though ?  Your agenda, it seems to be hidden.

Here is one Muslim woman's thoughts on it:

http://mackenzieinstitute.com/rise-islamic-extremism-canada/

One place where vulnerable children can be brainwashed is in certain Islamic schools. While teachers may not be overtly encouraging violence, gender segregation is common and creates inequality. In this, there can also be a latent incubation period in which anti-West themes sometimes become embedded in children’s minds in a way that may undermine taboos against violence, particularly violence targeting the West, its people and institutions. Moreover, there is little accountability for teachers’ credentials in Islamic schools. I was a member of the public committee for the Ontario College of Teachers and was appalled to learn that currently, unless private school employers require membership in the College as a condition of employment, those employed as teachers in the private school system need not be members of the OCT – hence an accountability lacuna exists. There are 700 private schools in Ontario, and only about 100 have their teachers registered. This includes private religious schools.

Foreign funding for Islamic organizations and schools is a problem because funding – including from abroad – can come with vested subversive agendas. However, law and policy can be hard to change. According to Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada, as technology improves and integrates trading and financial systems, terrorists’ ability to collect and move funds between jurisdictions complicates the tasks of tracing and confiscating their assets. The Criminal Code, the United Nations Afghanistan Regulations (UNAR), and the United Nations Suppression of Terrorism Regulations (UNSTR), arm Canada with means of identifying terrorist entities — organizations and individuals — and to freeze their assets in Canada.

Solutions

The best examples of de-radicalization are those that have involved accountability within pertinent communities. The Tamil and Sikh communities in Canada have managed to control extremism and terrorism within their ranks, to some extent. The Canadian Somali community is currently faced with a major challenge, some of the community’s youth having apparently been drawn into terrorist activities by Somalia’s al-Shabaab terrorist group, the entity reportedly responsible for the 2013 Nairobi shopping-mall massacre.

According to Ahmed Hussen, President of the Canadian Somali Congress, the Canadian government was concentrating on detecting and arresting terror suspects, but leaving their rhetoric unchallenged. “The strategy of Canadian officials as they confront this phenomenon in my community has been to view this serious matter only through the prism of law enforcement,” he said. “There has not been a parallel attempt to counter the toxic anti-Western narrative that creates a culture of victimhood in the minds of members of our community.” Mr. Hussen was the lead witness at a Committee on Homeland Security hearing in Washington, probing radicalization within the American Muslim community.

A counter narrative is urgently needed to defeat the voices of those extremists and victim-mongers who prey on Muslim youth, before targeted youth become terrorists. There are few, if any, think tanks in Canada looking in a genuinely realistic way at a long-term vision of the future of Canadian youth, from a counter-radicalization perspective. Contrary to our experience in Canada, the UK has had a history of think tanks that have been prepared to deal realistically with threats, and a few of these have pressed government for constructive change. Some British think tanks have produced publications that address some of the key “definers” of terrorism and the rise of radicalization on British university campuses.

The advent of campus radicalization and foreign funding is a concern that has not been directly, or at least, adequately, addressed by Canadian policy makers and government officials.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well, it's true.  I guess it depends on the industry you work in.

The system we’re dealing with today springs from the same utopianism that has always perceived the possibility of achieving perfection in human affairs. If only we get the “correct” form of government, we can accomplish wondrous deeds. So, anything that questions the course of this progress is evil in some sort of way. If Russia is that evil thing, then it must be extirpated and anyone associated with it is complicit. As pointed out by the you earlier, in that way lies madness.

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

But what about the children ?  You're worried about Canadian children - I assume that's non-Muslims ?  Hello ?

What are you on about?

Islam is the problem globally. Not some lone poster at a forum noting its effects.

• Haha 1

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Islam is the problem globally. Not some lone poster at a forum noting its effects.

Your assertion that Islam is a problem doesn't come from an objective place.  Your viewpoint is irrational and not based in logic.

Furthermore, it's hypocritical to claim to worry about Canadian children when you have been repeatedly asked what you would do with Muslim Canadian children (who are also Canadian) and vaguely answer that you would 'oppose' them.

Society's sicknesses can not be solved when the sickness comes out as repeated hate-bait posts with no ability for rational discourse or progress.

Society needs group therapy, which is done by talking and listening.  You're welcome.

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

Your assertion that Islam is a problem doesn't come from an objective place.  Your viewpoint is irrational and not based in logic.

Furthermore, it's hypocritical to claim to worry about Canadian children when you have been repeatedly asked what you would do with Muslim Canadian children (who are also Canadian) and vaguely answer that you would 'oppose' them.

Society's sicknesses can not be solved when the sickness comes out as repeated hate-bait posts with no ability for rational discourse or progress.

Society needs group therapy, which is done by talking and listening.  You're welcome.

You're free to Dhimmi-up to Islam in hopes that it will behave differently here in Canada than it does everywhere else it goes.

Others are free not to...right? Or must we all bow to the cult?

Riddle me this? What is the penalty for leaving Islam under its own laws?

• Haha 1

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

1. You're free to Dhimmi-up to Islam in hopes that it will behave differently here in Canada than it does everywhere else it goes.

2. Others are free not to...right? Or must we all bow to the cult?

3. Riddle me this? What is the penalty for leaving Islam under its own laws?

1. I'm not Muslim.  I also have faith in our institutions, and don't feel the need to go to holy war.

2. You're free to do whatever you like.  But you haven't addressed your plan for Muslim children.  What do you want to do with them ?

3. I answered this on the other thread.  Again, you repeat yourself like a robot whose batteries are running down.  Do you have anything new to add other than why holy war is better than democracy ?  Really, you need to see your viewpoint as compatible with fundamentalism.

What is the penalty for leaving Islam under Sharia Law?

Since you refuse or are too afraid to say as it will upset Islam.

It is DEATH.

They wish you would disbelieve as they disbelieved so you would be alike. So do not take from among them allies until they emigrate for the cause of Allah . But if they turn away, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them and take not from among them any ally or helper.

https://quran.com/4/89

• Haha 1