The Battle of Charlottesville

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. That doesn't make sense.  Calling them 'anarchists' isn't calling them out.  I just don't know that they're the same groups.  You really want to make assumptions on me then disagree with those.

2. I don't think anarchists support capitalism.  They're equally into violence as the alt-right though.  They like that.

Correction....the antifa goon squad and the bozo white supremacists do not support free market capitalism. They have much in common but are to dumb to realize it.

3 hours ago, hot enough said:

Not at all an odd right wing response. A silly one but what can one expect. Che Guevara was murdered by the CIA. Why does the USA/CIA always murder those who seek to help the poor? It's almost like the US doesn't care about the poor of the world.

You do know where he was killed and by whom, yes?

3 hours ago, Cum Laude said:

No. Che was a terrorist, psychopath, torturer, racist, rapist. So why do you admire him? Is it "chic" among you fascist leftists to wear a T-shirt with his picture?

Don't be a "Dou-Che"

3 hours ago, hot enough said:

Wow, where did you find that propaganda? Americans are the most notorious of liars so it must be that you got that from US propganda. 

The entire world knows the sordid tale. That's why comrade Trudeau had to back pedal.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

No - I said "Trump had black people beaten and kicked out of his rallies ".  There are two clips that show that.  

That's saying he targeted black people. Which you can't show.  Fake

Edited by drummindiver

28 minutes ago, Cum Laude said:

Correction....the antifa goon squad and the bozo white supremacists do not support free market capitalism. They have much in common but are to dumb to realize it.

Very few western nations and people support free market capitalism. They pretend they do and love to talk it up as if it makes them look smart but it does the opposite. 

Edited by hot enough

1 hour ago, Wilber said:

Because unlike those countries, we are a nation of immigrants. We were a multicultural country even when we were an almost all white society. Maybe its because unlike you, most people don't feel the need or want to live isolated from other cultures.

One thing I will say about  multiculturalism, the food's a hell of a lot better.

We are only a multicultural country because it was forced on Canadians and Canada to become one. Before Canada became and was declared multicultural we were pretty much a non multicultural country. After the sixties our immigration policy was changed, and people from non Caucasian countries were now going to be the in thing, and there would now be less Caucasian immigration. This will be the end of the Caucasian majority if it is allowed to continue in Canada. I am sure that this will happen and I do not believe that this will be good for Canada or the Caucasian people of this country. Multiculturalism really means white genocide. Plain and simple in my view.

I cannot believe that the majority of Caucasian Canadians today want to see themselves becoming a minority in their own Caucasian country, and being swamped by other cultures, religions and languages and traditions that we see today and those other cultures are not worried about having to assimilate into Canadian culture anymore. They have been told that they can stay as they are and the government will help them in their every efforts to not truly become Canadian, and can keep their culture alive and well in Canada. If the present day immigration policy is allowed to continue than it is the Caucasian people of Canada who will have to assimilate into the many other cultures that are increasing in Canada today.  I have nothing against other cultures. I have a problem with their numbers coming into Canada. That's all. This is a majority Caucasian country and it needs to remain that way for always.  

I do enjoy going out for dinner to a Chinese or Thai or Mexican restaurant for a change. I enjoy the change. 

We may not want to be isolated but we also may not like or want to be taken over either by others. 

All is well....the majority of polled Americans understand what is at stake and are willing to fight for free speech rights:

73% Say Freedom of Speech Worth Dying For

There is rare partisan agreement on freedom of speech. Most Americans regardless of political affiliation agree that they would defend someone’s right to say something even if they don’t agree with it, although Democrats are slightly less sure than Republicans and those not affiliated with either major party. The majority across the political spectrum also agree that free speech is more important than making sure no one’s offended.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/lifestyle/general_lifestyle/august_2017/73_say_freedom_of_speech_worth_dying_for

36 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I'll ignore your insults and bring it back on topic.  (Kosher ?  Really?) Trump gets a 'chance' every time he's in front of a mic or on twitter.  With regards to Charlottesville he ignored advice to stay on script, he brought denouncements from his own party then he lied about it in Phoenix.  He lost the battle.  That was his 'chance'.

Again, I think he has the potential to do far more than hard-aligned politicians and we have seen a few rare examples where he broke out on his own such as extending the mission in Afghanistan.  I'm not saying whether that's good or bad, but he did his own thing and didn't get shot down.

As for Charlottesville, again, he had a few chances and soiled himself yet again.  Some politicians may deserve training wheels but not if they present themselves as the single answer to problems then make freshman mistakes over and over.

I have to stay away from you. I got a warning today because of you. Bye-bye. 

13 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

All is well....the majority of polled Americans understand what is at stake and are willing to fight for free speech rights:

There's that same old grand hypocrisy that the USA is well known for. The same for many individuals, who will go unnamed, but who show daily that they are not the least bit interested in real free speech.

Edited by hot enough

1 minute ago, hot enough said:

More than a wee bit over the top. But real genocide doesn't matter.

It is not a wee bit over the top. It is happening all over the Caucasian western world today. My opinion and my belief. If you can prove otherwise, then show me? 

9 minutes ago, taxme said:

It is not a wee bit over the top. It is happening all over the Caucasian western world today. My opinion and my belief. If you can prove otherwise, then show me? 

That was purposefully understated.

Look up, the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Does it really bother you that much to have dark skinned people who are your equals? Because that is the only thing you are defending from the past. And it doesn't seem to trouble you much at all to admit it. Do you stand on street corners with your blow horn and lament the passing of the age of whitey?

Don't worry, the sky is still all in one piece. I'll allow that I do get a small measure of satisfaction that it troubles folks like you so. 

Let's play a game. Who is going to be the next group of darkies that will be the designated boogeymen? 

21 minutes ago, hot enough said:

There's that same old grand hypocrisy that the USA is well known for.

Well known indeed, as it is the American political experience and discourse that dominates these threads, not Canadian.

Canadian media of all stripes are always focused on what is happening across the U.S. border...."because it affects us".

Charlottesville saw murder and injury of protesters, not the death of constitutionally protected speech.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

33 minutes ago, drummindiver said:

That's saying he targeted black people. Which you can't show.  Fake

Trump's racist history is a matter of public record. The number of reality denying folks is truly troublesome.

How 3 of Donald Trump's Executive Orders Target Communities of Color

Feb 27, 2017

IDEAS
Casey Harden is Interim CEO of YWCA USA.

This month, President Donald Trump signed three executive orders that will intensify the criminalization of communities of color, under the false premise of the need to increase “law and order.” Leveraging public perception that crime is on the rise and the backlash against protesters, immigrants and grassroots efforts such as the Black Lives Matter movement, these executive orders ramp up policing efforts and federalize protections for police. Executive actions like these only worsen the continued criminalization of communities of color.

First, the Presidential Executive Order on Preventing Violence Against Federal State, Tribal and Local Law Enforcement Officers focuses on increasing enforcement of existing and new laws and strategies that will punish those who commit or attempt to commit crimes of violence against law enforcement. It also states that the executive branch will develop strategies to fulfill this goal, including new legislation to define new crimes, increase penalties, and establish new mandatory minimums for existing crimes against law enforcement.

This may seem reasonable. There should be penalties for committing crimes against the police. Yet as Jonathan Blanks, a research associate at the conservative Cato Institute, stated: “Violence against police officers is taken seriously in every policing jurisdiction in America.” Blanks continued, “Keeping law enforcement officers safe is a noble goal. But there is little evidence that new and harsher federal criminal laws will do anything at all to make American police safer.”

http://time.com/4679727/donald-trump-executive-orders-police/

==================

Trump's Long History of Racism

Of course his response to Charlottesville was late and insufficient – this is who he ishttp://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/trumps-long-history-of-racism-w497876

15 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Well known indeed, as it is the American political experience and discourse that dominates these threads, not Canadian.

One of your best ever, "Oh look, there's a squirrel", which illustrates just what I said, the hypocrisy of the USA and USians regarding these nonsense things they love to brag about, free speech being the present example, but they don't actually believe in them. They simply have great propaganda value.

Your's is just another perfect example of American conceit; silly little memes repeated ad nauseam because real discussion, on real issues is not within your ken. 

7 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Trump's racist history is a matter of public record. The number of reality denying folks is truly troublesome.

How 3 of Donald Trump's Executive Orders Target Communities of Color

Feb 27, 2017

IDEAS
Casey Harden is Interim CEO of YWCA USA.

This month, President Donald Trump signed three executive orders that will intensify the criminalization of communities of color, under the false premise of the need to increase “law and order.” Leveraging public perception that crime is on the rise and the backlash against protesters, immigrants and grassroots efforts such as the Black Lives Matter movement, these executive orders ramp up policing efforts and federalize protections for police. Executive actions like these only worsen the continued criminalization of communities of color.

First, the Presidential Executive Order on Preventing Violence Against Federal State, Tribal and Local Law Enforcement Officers focuses on increasing enforcement of existing and new laws and strategies that will punish those who commit or attempt to commit crimes of violence against law enforcement. It also states that the executive branch will develop strategies to fulfill this goal, including new legislation to define new crimes, increase penalties, and establish new mandatory minimums for existing crimes against law enforcement.

This may seem reasonable. There should be penalties for committing crimes against the police. Yet as Jonathan Blanks, a research associate at the conservative Cato Institute, stated: “Violence against police officers is taken seriously in every policing jurisdiction in America.” Blanks continued, “Keeping law enforcement officers safe is a noble goal. But there is little evidence that new and harsher federal criminal laws will do anything at all to make American police safer.”

http://time.com/4679727/donald-trump-executive-orders-police/

==================

Trump's Long History of Racism

Of course his response to Charlottesville was late and insufficient – this is who he ishttp://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/trumps-long-history-of-racism-w497876

Shaddap.

https://goo.gl/images/Gqx9Yh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drummindiver said:

Again, you have not addressed this.

Please show where he tells people to beat up black folks.

Exactly. Trump had black people beaten is different than Trump had people beaten. I'm disgusted that people like MH turn everything into a racial issue.

1 minute ago, hot enough said:

One of your best ever, "Oh look, there's a squirrel", which illustrates just what I said, the hypocrisy of the USA and USians regarding these nonsense things they love to brag about, free speech being the present example, but they don't actually believe in them. They simply have great propaganda value.

Your's is just another perfect example of American conceit; silly little memes repeated ad nauseam because real discussion, on real issues is not within your ken. 

Political control is exercised through that little screen. It was sold to us as entertainment. Just like the Apollo program was sold as an exploration of space, when it really was a weaponization of space. LBJ created NASA, ran NASA, put Houston on the map with NASA. They even renamed their baseball team, which incidentally is kicking ass. But the point is it’s always about order and control. You seem like you are easily influenced by the College crowd.

39 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Very few western nations and people support free market capitalism. They pretend they do and love to talk it up as if it makes them look smart but it does the opposite. 

Well, the KKK doesn't support free market capitalism. You and they have something in common. Giggle snort.

2 hours ago, hot enough said:

You have a deep aversion to the truth. You always ignore the things that put you in deep cognitive dissonance. 

GWB is as nazi like as Hitler. He presided over two illegal invasions. He lied his ass off, like Hitler. He murdered how many? He is a Class A war criminal. All Hitler like "qualities".

You are the guy who said to MH, "Easier for you to be an internet rabble rouser than be questioned." 

You, Michael and DOP are all kissing cousins. 

I guess in your world, anyone even slightly to the right oh Howard Zinn is a Nazi, right?