Compensating Khadr

9 minutes ago, Omni said:

We elect them for a few more reasons than that. But yes your comment is viable. But you you spend a lot of time making a lot of just noise. Just vote for whoever you like. And if they don't live up to your expectations, don't vote for them again. That's a basic of how democracy works. If you you don't like that, you could go and live in Moscow where your vote really means nothing. Up to you buddy.

I know. All the noise I have been making here still hasn't woken up the sleepy head Canadians yet. Even you are still partially asleep. Go throw some cold water in your face and wake up, and put that sleepy head brain of yours into democracy mode. In Canada there really is no one that I care to vote for. They are all too politically correct for my liking. Now if a Trump like politician came along, I would cast my vote for him. But I won't hold my breath because I am pretty sure that I will never see the day when a politician like Donald Trump will ever be allowed to run here in Canukistan. After a few days of relentless zionist liberal media attacks done on the poor guy, he might as well take off to Russia. Here in Canada Canadians only get two choices of people to vote for. Either they can vote for a tweddle dee politician or they can vote for a tweddle dumb politician. Our votes mean nothing in Canada, and you should know that by now or you really are asleep. Once they get elected you get the finger. Wake up sleepy head. :P

If there'll be any pay-out involved......it should all go to his victims!

U.S. victims launch $44.7M civil case against Omar Khadr

May 23, 2014

OTTAWA — The American victims of convicted terrorist Omar Khadr are suing him for $42.5 million.

The suit was filed in a Utah court Wednesday, on behalf of Christopher Speer, the U.S. Army combat medic killed by Khadr in 2002, as well as his wife and young children, and another soldier, Layne Morris, who was injured and blinded by a grenade thrown by Khadr in Afghanistan.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/05/22/us-victims-launch-425m-civil-case-against-omar-khadr

No one should profit from  crimes - especially such an atrocious act like terrorism! 

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

What a big joke!  $10 million will surely buy a lot of explosive devices! 

What are the chances some of that millions will go to terrorist cells? If they do.....I hope they get to fund cells in Canada! It's Canadian money, after all!  <sarcasm>

Are we funding terrorism now?

Edited by betsy

How the Khadrs were ever allowed back into the country after their "adventures" abroad.....is truly unbelievable.

This is what we get for providing  sanctuary to terrorists - or for any undocumented illegals!  We end up getting played through our own system!  Get used to it!  Indigenous people - get to the end of the line!

I wonder how much his lawyers get from this millions?  It's curious to know.....there's gotta be something worthwhile.

Edited by betsy

6 hours ago, The_Squid said:

Canada never violated her rights and were complicit in her torture....   :rolleyes:

Violated  his rights? Complicit in his torture? Lol.

He was in Afghanistan as a foreign invading terrorist. He should have been handed over to the Afghhanis.

He was lucky he ended up in Guantanamo Bay. He was afforded treatments far better than any one captured by the scum he is a member of and still is a member of.

Your reality as to terrorism comes from internet.

Kadr's torture as you call it would be considered first class hotel accommodation in the countries he and his family terrorized.

This money now allows he and his family of unrepentant terrorists to live in Canada at a level of affluence less than 1% of the country enjoys. Let's see how much of it he shares with the unfortunate based on the laws of Islam.

Don't hold your breath. His terrorist loving mother shops at only the finest of stores. Go on ask her Squid.

23 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Residential school victims have averaged about $20,500 for each abuse and death claim at the hand of Canada's government.

So why does Omar Khadr deserve far more...over 500X more ?

Because of who he is!  Look how Chretien had helped the patriarch Khadr. 

The Khadrs seem to be important for some reason to the Liberals!

Edited by betsy

31 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Residential school victims have averaged about $20,500 for each abuse and death claim at the hand of Canada's government.

So why does Omar Khadr deserve far more...over 500X more ?

What he deserved was to be left to die-the medic that saved him, (no not the one he killed) .gave him the gift of life and a second chance. It ends there. With that gift he has not changed an iota. He retains his values and beliefs along with his family. They all are unrepentant and have the audacity in interviews to continue to belittle Canadian values. His mother an unrepentant Muslim extremist terrorist however shops at only the finest of stores.

Edited by Rue

If a Canadian committed what is considered a crime in another country - if found guilty, it should be left to that country where he committed the crime, to give the punishment!

We were at war with terrorism - therefore, Khadr is an enemy!  

Getting tortured for information is part of the game - any warrior knows that!  If you don't want to face torture, don't get caught.  We may be appalled over the tactics used - but that's the real world.

Edited by betsy

19 hours ago, Rue said:

Horse sheeyat. I didn't send him to Afghanistan. His father a terrorist who brought him up as a terrorist did. His father used this country as a patsy cover to operate terrorist logistics. Canada. Yah right. If Canada is responsible for him then he belongs in jail or better still shot dead. He was a terrorist pure and simple. No I don't make pets out of sewer rats..

Usually the notion is to blame the parents for the child's behavior.  Is that still the case here?

He also admitted to the charges under extreme duress (aka torture at Gitmo , and we know torture is not effective)

11 hours ago, eyeball said:

Am I hearing this right, you're actually saying people in democracies are NOT responsible for the actions of the governments they elect? Is this some new high falutin conservative value we've never heard about before?  It sounds like just about the feeblest excuse I've ever heard besides 'but but but the Russians forced us to support dictators'...

There truly is no more ethically or morally challenged a people on the planet than Canada's right-wing conservatives.  An effing disgrace to the human species if there ever was one.

But surely Canada's left are just as reponsible, right?  They do vote, yes?  Also an effing disgrace?

This all boils down to how easy it is for fanatics to immigrate here and get citizenship. By the time he was born his family of immigrants had already moved to Pakistan. They only returned here for the free medical care and welfare. His family didn't want to raise children in Canada because of our slack morals. He spent almost no time here until his father was hurt in Afghanistan, whereupon they, of course, returned here for free medical care and more welfare. 

These people are not, realistically, Canadians. They despise everything about this country except its free welfare and medical care. They should never have been accepted as citizens, and their citizenship should have been revoked long ago. We should also get rid of our citizneship law that gives automatic citizenship to anyone born here. None of the Europeans have such a law. You should only get citizen by blood, if your parents are citizens. In the case of immigrant parents, you should only get citizenship if raised in Canada.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, bcsapper said:

"Prior to 9/11, it was not considered a war crime to kill a soldier in a war zone."

It is now?  That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Not true, it has always been a war crime for a non combatant, or terrorist to kill a soldier according to the Geneva conventions.

22 hours ago, eyeball said:

Canada's.

Yes, I mean the Khadrs were just pawns in this whole deal right, god put that AK 47 in their hands and commanded them to kill coalition soldiers.....Canada's fault my ass....

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Goddess said:

What happens to our military over there, what about their rights? What about the tortures they endure everyday? And now they are fighting for a terrorist"s rights because he was Canadian born and mistreated as a convicted terrorist? Where are their payouts, where is their justice? What is the point of countless men and women leaving behind everything they love to go fight in a war torn country, living in a hell beyond anything we can imagine, everyday, to see their own government handing over 10.5 million dollars to one  man who pleaded victim after being imprisoned for being a terrorist. I couldn't imagine waking up one day to find the scum that killed my husband gets paid 10.5 million dollars from my own government. He has his freedom, he has his life, he exists in one of the best countries in the world, and yet that just wasn't enough. I shake my head to this nonsense.

To all the humans rights activists and legal teams who fought ever so hard for this, and to the Canadian government - put your energy, time, and money towards the men and woman who fought, and still fight, for this country. Who don't see a sliver of handouts from their government, compared to what this murderer has. Who deal day in and day out with PTSD, who are unable to work due to the injuries they received whilst fighting for you, who lose their lives, whose children grow up without a parent, whose parents lose a child, whose widows have to work twice as hard to take on two roles.  When it comes to rights, 10.5 million isn't right to apologize to a terrorist for "mistreating him" during his imprisonment when our own who are mistreated daily don't even see a Thank You for your service and a pat on the back.

Thanks to you, a terrorist's voice rang louder then any of the Canadian soldiers fighting them ever did.

If he was truly sorry for what he did, he would give every penny to that soldier's widow and children.

Thank you, I wish more Canadians felt this way.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Omni said:

So what crime did he commit? Obviously your understanding of law is about as flawed as that of science.

Are you suggesting that he did not commit any crimes, not one Canadian law, inter national law, Geneva convention, that he comes out smelling like roses.