Compensating Khadr

10 minutes ago, Omni said:

I know that ISAF was sully endorsed by the UNSC. And please don't try and drip drip your 9-11 conspiracy theory into yet another thread.

You know as little about this as you know about every other topic you offer your uninformed opinion on, especially your out to lunch 911 conspiracy theory.

9 minutes ago, The_Squid said:

Laugh all you want...   the Supreme Court of Canada found exactly this....    duh-har-har-har

You bet I laugh at your attempt to  defend this scum. The Supreme Court of Canada is not the issue-you are and you've made yourself the issue propping this scum as some sort of victim in need of legal protection. The Supreme Court deals with legal procedures and assures proper procedures are followed. Its not up to them to  pass laws to assure terrorists remain in jail where they belong.

The moral of the story is instead of paying Kadr specimens 10 million dollars each and turning them into heros they should be shot and killed on the spot in the middle of their cold blooded killing attempts. Yah even your beloved Justin cheers long distance shots.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

.i still can't believe that someone is not being held responsible.

Those in government like payouts because it provides the rational for further payouts, with no one ever being held responsible for their crimes. That, and many other things have to change for government should be a reflection of how society works, not a safe haven for criminals.

4 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Those in government like payouts because it provides the rational for further payouts, with no one ever being held responsible for their crimes. That, and many other things have to change for government should be a reflection of how society works, not a safe haven for criminals.

Congrats that was completely and absolutely incoherent.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rue said:

You bet I laugh at your attempt to  defend this scum. The Supreme Court of Canada is not the issue-you are and you've made yourself the issue propping this scum as some sort of victim in need of legal protection.

That's not what the guidelines for Maple Leaf Web say, Rue. Please do try to gather your wits about you and actually discuss the issues. You might even one day try a source.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/khadr-settlement-1.4189146

Just for reference, the US courts awarded Khadr $134.2 million in damages, of which Khadr is unable to collect on currently.

So, even the US acknowledges they messed up.

If there wasn't the possibility that he is now mentally unstable as a result of torture, I would put Khadr in high office for the defense of Canada.  Seriously, the guy has skills if he fended off fully combat geared US soldiers with a homemade hand grenade at age 15.  At very least, I'd put him in charge of the US/Canada border wall construction.

Edited by ZenOps

22 minutes ago, hot enough said:

That's not what the guidelines for Maple Leaf Web say, Rue. Please do try to gather your wits about you and actually discuss the issues. You might even one day try a source.

Now you want to pose as someone who follows the forum rules? Lol. Yah I know, you are a scientist, metallurgist, lawyer, structural engineer, terrorist expert and now forum moderator. Lol.

4 minutes ago, ZenOps said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/khadr-settlement-1.4189146

Just for reference, the US courts awarded Khadr $134.2 million in damages, of which Khadr is unable to collect on currently.

So, even the US acknowledges they messed up.

You have reading comprehension issues.  The judgement was against Khadr.  

6 minutes ago, capricorn said:

Countdown to when he will refer to "nanothermite" ...10, 9, 8, 7, 6.......... :lol:

Ah, I've got it. Khadr made the nanothermite while he was in Afghanistan with his dad.  Then they gave it to OBL who passed it to the hijackers who then threw it out the windows of the planes just before they hit the towers to generate the conspiracy theory. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Rue said:

You bet I laugh at your attempt to  defend this scum. The Supreme Court of Canada is not the issue-you are and you've made yourself the issue propping this scum as some sort of victim in need of legal protection. The Supreme Court deals with legal procedures and assures proper procedures are followed. Its not up to them to  pass laws to assure terrorists remain in jail where they belong.

The moral of the story is instead of paying Kadr specimens 10 million dollars each and turning them into heros they should be shot and killed on the spot in the middle of their cold blooded killing attempts. Yah even your beloved Justin cheers long distance shots.

You scoffed that his rights were violated.  Clearly they were.   Now you try and backtrack.   Nice try.  

8 minutes ago, Omni said:

Ah, I've got it. Khadr made the nanothermite while he was in Afghanistan with his dad.  Then they gave it to OBL who passed it to the hijackers who then threw it out the windows of the planes just before they hit the towers to generate the conspiracy theory. 

You people are absolutely without any measure of honesty. You use the 911 meme just like all your other memes, which is all you have, as we witness here in this thread, Omni, where you have taken to memeing because you got shot down.

4 minutes ago, The_Squid said:

You have reading comprehension issues.  The judgement was against Khadr.  

Yah and by the way I totally disagree with you but I am saying it loud and clear I respect your attempts to say what you are saying. Its not you I am arguing against its the topic.

I apologize for any comments. They are not directed at you. I am reading them back and they may seem that way,

That said, Squid I am someone who has witnessed terrorism and sat in a room with terrorists laughing at what they did and at their victims.

I know kids of 8, 6, 7, far younger than Kadr who refused to engage in terrorism and stood up against it and even died doing so. Don't ask me to take them or actual victims of terrorists and put them on the same moral plane as Kadr or soldiers. I can't do it. If nothing else its disrsepectul to them.

I actually have no problem with the US Supreme Court or Canadian Supreme Court. My problem is with certain laws or lack of laws. Ultimately that is a political issue.