Warning points.....what do they mean...

Army Guy

5 hours ago, PIK said:

It lightens up the place. But how do you find out the ones giving you a heart?

This is another example of how I am more of a conservative than you. I'd rather see the ones giving me a downvote... so I could wreak my vengeance upon them!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Argus said:

This is another example of how I am more of a conservative than you. I'd rather see the ones giving me a downvote... so I could wreak my vengeance upon them!

I am so conservative, I wanted to know so I can rip them a new one and tell them not to do it again. That is why I love my warning pts, with your amount of posts and such a little warnings tells me you are more liberal.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, GostHacked said:

I've noticed that there is no way to give you an up or a down on a post.  Why?

I have no idea but I have noticed that the voting function is disabled for me.  I can not vote on posts. 

If you want to trash or praise a post of mine, just quote it and speak your mind. 

4 hours ago, PIK said:

I am so conservative, I wanted to know so I can rip them a new one and tell them not to do it again. That is why I love my warning pts, with your amount of posts and such a little warnings tells me you are more liberal.

I'm no liberal. I kill people just to watch them die. Half my warning points are for that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Charles Anthony said:

I have no idea but I have noticed that the voting function is disabled for me.  I can not vote on posts. 

If you want to trash or praise a post of mine, just quote it and speak your mind. 

Who the heck IS doing all the voting? It's a little creepy to log on and find I've had twenty new reputations added to my score. I would have expected 20 deductions.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Who the heck IS doing all the voting? It's a little creepy to log on and find I've had twenty new reputations added to my score. I would have expected 20 deductions.

Not me, I'm creeping DoP up and GS down. It seems like someone noticed and is countering my up votes. I guess it is a new month and maybe I should change my policies.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Not me, I'm creeping DoP up and GS down. It seems like someone noticed and is countering my up votes. I guess it is a new month and maybe I should change my policies.

Points only matter if they translate into gift certificates....like a game show. Otherwise...want one?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

I give out twenty a day, always to a single individual.  I haven't given you any, so you have a different benefactor. 

I'm currently on a mission to put Shady on top.  It might take me a week or two.

Just now, bcsapper said:

I give out twenty a day, always to a single individual.  I haven't given you any, so you have a different benefactor. 

I'm currently on a mission to put Shady on top.  It might take me a week or two.

Good choice.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Argus said:

I'm no liberal. I kill people just to watch them die. Half my warning points are for that.

Not even close to being as conservative as myself, I have over a yrs worth of bans, that my friend is real conservatism.

• Like 2

• Forum Admin
On 2017-02-27 at 1:11 PM, Army Guy said:

THEN WHY HAVE THEM

Because they are a moderation feature of the forum software.

Every time anyone is issued a warning, their warning point goes up one (or more). However, the only people that can see the points are the mods and the actual member - this isn't a public number.

There are additional features I could activate relating to the warning points, but for a number of reasons haven't.

For example, i've been wanting to activate the warning point expiry feature - which would allow those points to expire after a certain period of time.

We can also activate a feature that would automatically suspend anyone that hit a specific warning level - however, I don't like that feature very much, so I decided to leave it off.

2 hours ago, Greg said:

Every time anyone is issued a warning, their warning point goes up one (or more). However, the only people that can see the points are the mods and the actual member - this isn't a public number.

There are additional features I could activate relating to the warning points, but for a number of reasons haven't.

For example, i've been wanting to activate the warning point expiry feature - which would allow those points to expire after a certain period of time.

I get the fact that the warning points are confidential between mod and member.....However i asked why have them and your mods explained they mean nothing , and will not count again'st us in the future....That being said they really do not have value, and with no value or consequence then why have them at all. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Greg said:

We can also activate a feature that would automatically suspend anyone that hit a specific warning level - however, I don't like that feature very much, so I decided to leave it off.

Well Greg, I'm glad you don't like the idea of automatically suspending members with an unacceptable number of warnings. The reason being that most probably my favorite MLW members have a very high number of such warnings and they would be gonzo.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1