So-called refugees crossing Manitoba/American border.

taxme

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

Wherever the hell they came from. Since they crossed the US border I believe we can send them back there. If not, then send them back to their home countries.

If they are not US citizens, we cannot send them back to the US.

Deporting them to their home countries is part of the process. If you have specific suggestions to streamline that process, then make them. I think you are well aware of the issues, they have been discussed many times.

3 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Not sure this is true given the 'safe third country' treaty we signed with the Americans.

3 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Deporting them to their home countries is part of the process. If you have specific suggestions to streamline that process, then make them. I think you are well aware of the issues, they have been discussed many times.

The only specific suggestions I have I already made, which is appointing sufficient adjudicators to hear their cases quickly, and then pulling them out of our regular court system and setting up separate courts which will hear their appeals in a quick and timely fashion so that they can't stay here for years worth of appeals. This will cost money but less than the cost of feeding and sheltering them for years.

12 minutes ago, Argus said:

Not sure this is true given the 'safe third country' treaty we signed with the Americans.

The safe third country agreement is about each country accepting back foreigners that attempt to cross at official border crossings. Yes, perhaps it could be extended to cover illegal crossings, but that would be up to the Americans to agree to accept them back and the same for us. Certainly it is worth exploring some more with the Americans.

I agree that putting more resources to clearing cases faster sounds like a good solution. I haven't heard if it has been tried, and what the challenges would be.

3 hours ago, overthere said:

Oh, this place makes me laugh sometimes!

The dictator referred to in Venezuela was Hugo Chavez.  He was the definition of ultra left wing,

Not according to the French post revolutionary definition of the term left-wing.  In fact Chavez was really neither left nor right because according to the original definitions those terms were never meant to apply to the people who actually occupy the seat of power. Left and right denote those who are either side of the person in power.

He was definite conservative in the manner by which he applied communism which is to say he applied it mostly for the benefit of himself and his cronies, the actual right-wing.

Edited by eyeball

9 hours ago, betsy said:

Ceiling be damned - Trudeau doesn't care about Canada!  He just want to show himself as the "Knight In Shining Armor" for all immigrants and refugees oppressed by Trump!  He's doing this to make himself look good!  At Canada's expense!

All you immigrants who have petitioned - following proper protocol - for your family to come and join you in Canada - forget it!  It's better for them to come here illegally. 

At the way things are going, all refugees and illegal immigrants will be jumping the line, and your families - who have been waiting in line -  are screwed!

If there is a massive influx of refugees from the US there will be a reaction from the public. We can learn these things the easy way or the hard way. 

45 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

If there is a massive influx of refugees from the US there will be a reaction from the public. We can learn these things the easy way or the hard way. 

What will they do ?   The U.S. gets well over 1,000 illegals crossing the border....each day.   Canada is nervous about far less than that.

12 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

What will they do ?   The U.S. gets well over 1,000 illegals crossing the border....each day.   Canada is nervous about far less than that.

The first few bear maulings should slow the flow...heh.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

JT hates English Canada....and EVERYTHING it stands for. He WILL destroy it given a chance...he's trying hard.

English Canadians will never get it, and JT knows that. So did his papa. Papa screwed Alberta once, and the English just stood there and took it even though at the time a man called Doug Christie tried to warn them, and even tried to get them to join his western separatist party but they declined the offer. Now they will always pay for their so what attitude. Westerners are asleep at the switch, and most likely always will. Aw well. 

1 hour ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

One would hope that there would be a massive outcry. But I think that most Canadians want to try the hard way first. It's the Canadian way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George56 said:

If this is allowed to continue why than do we need a Ministry of Immigration,all they have to do is find a way into the US and than come north. Scrap the Ministry of Immigration and save money. OOH wait we need it to stop Europeans from entering Canada....LOL

I do believe you got the picture just right. Cool. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ?Impact said:

Personally, I think that Canadians are screwed big time. We are going to get a lot of illegal criminals in this country before JT decides to do something about it, if he will do anything at all. After all it would appear as though JT loves people from the third world. I can't help but believe that if this were a bunch of British or European people doing the crossing they would be stopped in their tracks before they even got into Canada. 

2 hours ago, taxme said:

English Canadians will never get it, and JT knows that. So did his papa. Papa screwed Alberta once, and the English just stood there and took it even though at the time a man called Doug Christie tried to warn them, and even tried to get them to join his western separatist party but they declined the offer. Now they will always pay for their so what attitude. Westerners are asleep at the switch, and most likely always will. Aw well. 

How French Canadian is JT though?  He's more ethnically British than French and he speaks better English than French apparently. 

On 2/21/2017 at 6:21 PM, taxme said:

Recently in the Canadian news there have been many reports of so-called refugees crossing into Canada at the Manitoba border from Minnesota. The numbers have ranged into the hundreds, and it is believed that this is just the beginning of what is too come.

In Summer 2017, this will be a "wedge issue".

Question to Leftists: Did you lock your apartment/car this morning?

Question to Rightists: Did you buy Canadian cheese?

16 hours ago, ?Impact said:

This is all Trudeau's fault!  He and his stupid tweet!  Now....we're not only worrying about those being rejected in the USA.  Everyone's coming to the Promised Land, thanks to Trudeau!

JT has endangered so many who're all clinging to false hope, making their way through treacherous and dangerous journey to make it to Canada  - Trudeau knew he can't possibly welcome everyone fleeing war, persecution and terror!  

Tell Trudeau he better make good on his promise!  He has to accept them all....... after all he's issued the invitation!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

When have you ever seen a progressive who learns from example? Remember that they're still zealously pursuing the policies which failed in Europe like Multiculturalism.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

How French Canadian is JT though?  He's more ethnically British than French and he speaks better English than French apparently. 

He made it fairly clear that his heart is with Quebec more than once, saying if Quebec ever seperates, for example, he goes with it. And also that if Harper's values came to represent Canada's he would want Quebec to leave. He also said Canada does better when Quebecers are in charge, and doesn't work well when westerners are in charge.

16 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

We are in a difficult spot as Tony Clement illustrated in his aborted interview. At the very least, we should not be encouraging migrants to walk northward. 

Apparently, JT will not listen to your common sense and logic. 

16 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

JT is a Soros suck. They both appear to want to flood the western world with as many of those so-called refugees as they can. I believe that they despise our western way of life, a life that helped them get where they are, and want to change our values and morals for other non-values and non-morals. JT i suspect will egt away with his plans if Canadians help him along in doing so. My opinion. 

2 hours ago, Goh Shenas said:

Refugees coming nnorth of the border to Canada can only bring disease and rot our values.

But thanks to our almost bankrupt medicare system, Canadians will be helping to pay for these so-called refugees to get better or at least try to do so. It's a good thing that Canadians are rolling in the dole.