So-called refugees crossing Manitoba/American border.

taxme

20 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

So basically you want white people with relatives who built this country to go extinct?

It would solve a lot of problems if we were all some shade of beige.   

On the other hand, the cynical side of me says that people would find some way of identifying people to hate:   "Only beige people with uptilted noses are any good!   Ban down-tilted noses!"

9 hours ago, Rue said:

The best option is Canada and the US get on the same track and end this charade that we are "better" or "morally superior" than the US when it comes to taking in illegals. We have the same issues. We may not use the same choice of words but the pith and substance of the issues are the same and how we handle them can't be at cross purposes.

I see no friggin difference in Trump and Trudeau bottom line when it comes to having to face this issue. One is ignorant and blunt about it the other smiles behind phony gritted teeth posing. Either way, limits and structure to what can and can not be accommodated and how to screen and manage it are coming.

In a rare case we agree. I don't want illegals here either. However our government seems to not think that way. My grandparents followed proper immigration policies to get here, and that would have been tougher for them coming from Germany shortly after WWII. I have no problem with anyone who wants to come here and wants to do it legally.

Trudeau is a pretty boy poser, while Trump is living up to his word by doing what he said he would do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

So basically you want white people with relatives who built this country to go extinct?

No, I have no axe to grind with albinos.

I figured when I mentioned 25% and old stock I thought it would be obvious I merely meant cranky old conservatives - who,  it should be pointed out, are actually mostly pink.

• Like 1

Most of these people in Manitoba are crossing into Canada illegally, and are well aware of it.  They're also coming from the USA, which is not a refugee destination country.  I suspect the vast majority are in the US illegally, and are afraid of being caught by Trump so are breaking the law yet again and coming into Canada illegally.

I have no problem taking in a healthy portion of refugees, but they need to do it by legal means, or get in the immigration line like everyone else.  If they wish to break our laws, we should be sending tanks and soldiers and maps to the nearest legal border crossing for these people instead of blankets & hugs.  I have no sympathy for lawbreakers.  Trudeau just doesn't want to look like Trump so he plays Mother Teresa.  Grow some balls man!

Edited by Michael Hardner
spelling
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

If they wish to break our laws, we should be sending tanks and soldiers and maps to the nearest legal border crossing for these people instead of blankets & hugs.  I have no sympathy for lawbreakers.

Yet you seem to be encouraging the federal government to violate the law. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Pinkish-whiteish.

They also have blue lines and spots of all shapes sizes and colours - a veritable dog's breakfast of different hues.  Really makes you wonder why the heck the term coloured didn't apply to them.

Ever notice how many try to make themselves brown all over?  What's with that?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

It's fashionable among the far left fringe to hate White people.

14 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Most of these people in Manitoba are crossing into Canada illegally, and are well aware of it.  They're also coming from the USA, which is not a refugee destination country.  I suspect the vast majority are in the US illegally, and are afraid of being caught by Trump so are breaking the law yet again and coming into Canada illegally.

And after they get 'arrested' they're put on a bus for Montreal where they can claim refugee status and pick up their cheques before heading to their in-law's houses. 

What should happen is all of them are put into confinement and given hearings within 48hrs. It won't take long to figure out 95% are migrants not refugees. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

It won't take long to figure out 95% are migrants not refugees. 

I agree with investing in resources to speed up the process. Currently however just over 50% are rejected  as they don't qualify as refugees, how do you think that will increase to 95% with more resources?

5 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

it's fashionable among the reasonable to heap scorn on those who see people by their skin color.

Well, that's one of the reasons I heap scorn on progressives.

2 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I agree with investing in resources to speed up the process. Currently however just over 50% are rejected  as they don't qualify as refugees, how do you think that will increase to 95% with more resources?

It won't under Trudeau. What you'd need to do is appoint Canadian born people to the refugee boards instead of immigrants and refugees, and change the rules, which currently favour acceptance. For example, there is intense pressure to get through a given number of cases, and rejecting someone requires a long, complicated explanation be written up and approved, while accepting them does not. We also accept refugees based on where they live, not on whether they were part of a group being targeted. Basically, anyone from Syria or Afghanistan or Somalia or Iraq or Yemen who gets here is going to be accepted, simply because there's violence in those countries. Yet there isn't violence EVERYWHERE in those countries. Most people are going about their lives pretty much normally. We should deport people to those countries unless they're under specific threat from the government or terrorists because of who or what they are.

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

appoint Canadian born people to the refugee boards instead of immigrants and refugees

I assume you are talking about the employees in the Refugee Protection Division and Refugee Appeal Division of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada. How do you suggest we structure such hiring practices, and remain conformant to the law? Are you specifically talking about the senior people in these divisions? My guess is that Sylvia Cox-Duquette meets your requirement, but certainly Ken Sandhu has one of those funny sounding names that says we need to investigate his background as who knows where he came from before he started working for the Ontario Public Service in 1971.

Since however you seem to think it is a big problem, obviously you have some evidence to suggest that the "Refugee Boards" are composed entirely of foreign born refugees with a built-in bias.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Since however you seem to think it is a big problem, obviously you have some evidence to suggest that the "Refugee Boards" are composed entirely of foreign born refugees with a built-in bias.

I didn't say entirely. But JT has been appointing far too many people to high positions based entirely on their skin color, ethnicity, and ovaries. The decision on who should be let into Canada should be made by an unbiased person who has nothing but Canada's interests at heart, not a person who might have a conflict because members of his 'people' are still trying to get into Canada.

I would suggest no one with dual citizenship should be considered for the boards.

• Like 3

hear hear, meritocracy.

I don't think people with dual citizenship should be allowed to run for parliament or legislature. You're either fully Canadian or you are not. I'd also like to restrict newcomers from running for poltical office for 20 years after landing. They can still vote once given citizenship, but I don't want anymore Maryann Monsefs, thanks. They should be contributing to Canada by raising smart and productive children who have the benefits of full rights as natural citizens.

19 hours ago, ?Impact said:

Yet you seem to be encouraging the federal government to violate the law. 

You mean this?: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/emerson-blizzard-border-1.4014953

They illegally cross through fields and ditches instead of via official ports of entry because of the Canada-U.S. Safe Third Country Agreement, which requires people to make asylum claims in the country they arrive in.  

Police arrest the border crossers and screen them. Once cleared, the individuals are released to CBSA and they begin filing their refugee claim paperwork. A United Nations convention signed by Canada prevents refugee claimants from being penalized for illegally entering the country.

That sounds like a pretty moronic convention. I have no problems with refugee claimants, but they should do it at a border port of entry legally.  If your first act in Canada is to break the laws of Canada, why would I want you in my country?  You've already proven yourself a criminal who does not respect our laws.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

23 hours ago, GostHacked said:

In a rare case we agree. I don't want illegals here either. However our government seems to not think that way. My grandparents followed proper immigration policies to get here, and that would have been tougher for them coming from Germany shortly after WWII. I have no problem with anyone who wants to come here and wants to do it legally.

Trudeau is a pretty boy poser, while Trump is living up to his word by doing what he said he would do.

...and  like most people on this board and like you said we are descended  from immigrants and refugees. No one is against either just the undermining of a fragile system that if over-loaded would hurt legitimate immigrants and refugees.

Trump is blunt with his language. He doesn't pose no. Like you and many others I find some of his language cringe worthy butat least his agenda is transparent and while he is crude there is something to what he is warning. I don't think it should justify hating all Muslims but the US and Europe did lose control of their borders.

I think what Trudeau is going to do is ask Trump to do his dirty work and stop the illegals from crossing from the US side. It keeps Trudeau's hands clean.

The US to be fair has to do this as we allow their customs officials on our sovereign soil to screen in-coming to the US at airports.

We will probably ask for a sort of quid pro quo in this respect but the bottom line is Trump will do what Trudeau can't admit has to be done.

I think that will happen in the summer if we don't ask earlier as the weather changes.

We don't have the facilities to withstand a flood wave.

The weather looks bad in Africa and Asia. There's been wide spread famine in Africa and parts of Asia which is increasing the flood of  people movement..

If you look at population patterns,  India and China have huge movements of their population headed West due to water shortages. This is now the primary cause of movements across the world of peoples although if you listened only to the press, it appears everyone is fleeing war. Its  almost always lack of food and water but of course conflict zones and draught zones often coincide.

Our climate and increased desertification from both climate change and man made change are to blame.

I think unfortunately the limits of what this country can do to help are known but politicians are afraid to admit the limitations for fear of alienating ethnic votes. I think that kind of posing or politically proper pandering has to come to an end and we all be up front about this issue.

I prefer a politician who would be upfront and frank and candid with such issues and not play this smiley touchy feely game.

Maybe its because I am older and grouchier I just don't have time for posers.

I also like you and most others don't want anyone hurt in this and I hate this issue.

On a cheerier note your favourite baseball team beat the Koreans in the world baseball tournament.

Beware.

Edited by Rue

9 hours ago, Argus said:

It's fashionable among the far left fringe to hate White people.

It's pretty funny/sad actually. I've heard no end of white guys lamenting that it's a white guy that's running something. Mostly they say this when there's a girl somewhere in earshot so they can seem all progressive and therefore socially acceptable to date. Much of the far left fringe is only there because it's the fashionable place to be and they are engaging in virtue signaling. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bonam said:

It's pretty funny/sad actually. I've heard no end of white guys lamenting that it's a white guy that's running something. Mostly they say this when there's a girl somewhere in earshot so they can seem all progressive and therefore socially acceptable to date. Much of the far left fringe is only there because it's the fashionable place to be and they are engaging in virtue signaling. 

According to alt-right, this does not work.  What men need to do is be all dominant and well ... err, violently masculine without getting rapey.  That's what women really want!

Just now, dialamah said:

According to alt-right, this does not work.  What men need to do is be all dominant and well ... err, violently masculine without getting rapey.  That's what women really want!

Lol, well, I won't get into the topic of "what women really want". Based on my success (or lack thereof) in that department, I suspect I have very little usable expertise to offer anyone. 

On 3/7/2017 at 8:38 PM, dialamah said:

It would solve a lot of problems if we were all some shade of beige.   

On the other hand, the cynical side of me says that people would find some way of identifying people to hate:   "Only beige people with uptilted noses are any good!   Ban down-tilted noses!"

And maybe if white people were now in charge of the middle east, maybe thier countries would not be cesspools, who knows. But right now I am wondering how much trudeaus excursion to new york for a play, compared to the 30g's he gave manitoba for the refugee crisis. Trudeau needs to step down.