So-called refugees crossing Manitoba/American border.

taxme

2 hours ago, Boges said:

Many, if not all, want to be caught because they know when they're detained they have rights to a hearing. And with a backed up caseload that could take months if not years. 

A great career to get into these days is working to become an immigration lawyer. They are sure to have a job for life here in North America at the rate that all of these illegal refugee criminals have been coming into North America for the past several decades. 

59 minutes ago, Rue said:

The reverse racism Eye uses in his responses is as repulsive as the regular thing. As for Impact I have to say, to him directly no I can not say all the people against illegal immigration are not racist  I can't say that anymore then say you would say they are all racist. Of course its both. Some are. 

The reverse of racism is tolerance and my intolerance is for right-wing conservatism which is not a race so...

In any case, much of the human migration we're seeing around the planet is as I've pointed out as much due to climate change as anything which of course is the last thing RWC's consider as a possibility.  As this cause for migration picks up speed and becomes less deniable I'm quite certain RCW's will rise to the challenge and still blame everything but.

And I repeat, none of us have seen anything yet - as the water-hole gets smaller and smaller the animals will get meaner and meaner.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

...In any case, much of the human migration we're seeing around the planet is as I've pointed out as much due to climate change as anything which of course is the last thing RWC's consider as a possibility.  As this cause for migration picks up speed and becomes less deniable I'm quite certain RCW's will rise to the challenge and still blame everything but.

Yeah...'cause there have never been mass migrations before climate change.   Those were just permanent vacations.

On 2/21/2017 at 3:32 PM, DogOnPorch said:

As I understand it, if they arrive at a border crossing, they WILL be turned back.

However, if one can just cross over into Canada and declare one's self a refugee...howdy new neighbour.

It's not a good situation. There are millions.

I was watching the Canadian news channel today, and they were once again showing some illegal criminal refugees crossing the border from America into Manitoba. What I found amazing was that the RCMP were just standing there, and not trying to stop them from entering Canada. Canada's police force just stood there and welcomed the new neighbours with open arms, and are now complicit in breaking the laws of Canada. They did not even try to stop them at all.

If our police are not going to enforce the law, and chase the illegals back across into America then maybe it is time for the Canadian people to do it for them. After all, it is the taxpayer's who are now going to have to foot the bill for these illegal criminals who were allowed to enter Canada illegally, and it will be the taxpayer's probably paying for them for the rest of their lives. Have fun going to work tomorrow knowing full well that the taxes that are stolen from you off your paycheck are now going to be handed over to strangers who do not deserve it. Way the go Canada. Keep up the good work. Chuckle-chuckle. 

5 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Yes, queue jumping is an issue. What is your solution?

You already know the answer. You only ask the question to engage in the exercise in saying any solution is not fair.  Also I love the way you make it seem that it will be  my solution. I didn't create the problem.  I can't resolve it. .

The solution won't come from me and its already being implemented elsewhere (Europe) and consists of a mix of some or all of the following:

1-walls, fences, increased presence of border guards blocking illegal entry from the US;

2-entering an agreement with the country of illegal entrants origin to block them from coming to Canada-in our specific case, entering into an agreement with the USto have their border guards  block illegals from crossing illegally coming into  Canada  if the US wants the continued right to do their border interviews of incoming people to the US  on Canadian soil-the intelligence and immigration agreement with the US would assure wework together on the borders not against one another;

3- creating an expedited process that will  quickly identify illegals from legitimate refugee applicants and immigration applicants and place them in a different intake process that sends them to detention centres;

4-ending illegals access to unlimited drug prescriptions, dental care, medical care, school and  instead provide basic humanitarian services, i.e., food, shelter, basic medical coverage;

6-deportations;

7-giving illegals the option to move to identified rural  Northern towns and villages  and qualify to become a citizen by agreeing to work  there 5 years building roads, sewers, homes, hospitals, infrastructure for the needy.

At the present time the Supreme Court of Canada has stated the moment someone steps foot on Canadian soil the Charter of Rights applies to them.

Unless that is qualified to state the rights don't apply until they become citizens, 7 can not be forced on illegals if they want to say-some feel it should be forced on them if they don't want deportation.

Yah I know you don't think its fair.

Its not as unfair as allowing illegals to break the laws and destroy our entire immigration system.

1 minute ago, taxme said:

I was watching the Canadian news channel today, and they were once again showing some illegal criminal refugees crossing the border from America into Manitoba. What I found amazing was that the RCMP were just standing there, and not trying to stop them from entering Canada. Canada's police force just stood there and welcomed the new neighbours with open arms, and are now complicit in breaking the laws of Canada. They did not even try to stop them at all.

What do you expect them to do? 

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yeah...'cause there have never been mass migrations before climate change.   Those were just permanent vacations.

"Climate change" my butt. What an excuse for trying to make it appear as though climate change has a lot to do with world wide refugee immigration. Those illegal refugees crossing the border at Manitoba recently will argue that it was not global warming that was responsible for some of them losing a finger or two from frostbite. Some people's kids.  

3 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

What do you expect them to do? 

Do their dam job. Stop them before they can cross the border. Tell them that they cannot come into Canada. They don't have to stand there like a bunch of dummies and watch people break the laws of Canada. That is what I expect my police force to do. Enforce the laws of Canada. And if they do make it across, arrest them and ship them back from whence they came. This feeling sorry for everyone who crosses our Canadian borders and shouts refugee, and then are allowed to stay, and then forced on the Canadian taxpayer to accept them, and take care of them for the rest of their life needs to stop. They are not even real refugees. They are coming from a safe and secure country where there is no war going on. This is one big farce being foisted on the taxpayer's of Canada. Shocking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rue said:

You already know the answer. You only ask the question to engage in the exercise in saying any solution is not fair.  Also I love the way you make it seem that it will be  my solution. I didn't create the problem.  I can't resolve it. .

The solution won't come from me and its already being implemented elsewhere (Europe) and consists of a mix of some or all of the following:

1-walls, fences, increased presence of border guards blocking illegal entry from the US;

US-Mexico wall, at least $20 billion. Our land border is 3 times a long. Get out you wallet.

1 minute ago, Rue said:

2-entering an agreement with the country of illegal entrants origin to block them from coming to Canada-in our specific case, entering into an agreement with the USto have their border guards  block illegals from crossing illegally coming into  Canada  if the US wants the continued right to do their border interviews of incoming people to the US  on Canadian soil-the intelligence and immigration agreement with the US would assure wework together on the borders not against one another;

We do have an agreement with the US, the only country we have an agreement, it is the safe third country agreement that is being talked about, the one the NDP want to get rid of.

1 minute ago, Rue said:

3- creating an expedited process that will  quickly identify illegals from legitimate refugee applicants and immigration applicants and place them in a different intake process that sends them to detention centres;

Ok, so we are talking process. What exactly is the process today, and how do we change it. Detention centres already exist.

1 minute ago, Rue said:

4-ending illegals access to unlimited drug prescriptions, dental care, medical care, school and  instead provide basic humanitarian services, i.e., food, shelter, basic medical coverage;

Ok, so what do we do with refugee claimants that arrive in country? Create a concentration camp?

1 minute ago, Rue said:

6-deportations;

7-giving illegals the option to move to identified rural  Northern towns and villages  and qualify to become a citizen by agreeing to work  there 5 years building roads, sewers, homes, hospitals, infrastructure for the needy.

At the present time the Supreme Court of Canada has stated the moment someone steps foot on Canadian soil the Charter of Rights applies to them.

Ok, so you want to open up the Constitution. Write your MP and tell them your wish. Don't forget to mention what you want to do with permanent resident, visitors, etc. Are there now to be 2 categories, or more of rights?

1 minute ago, Rue said:

Yah I know you don't think its fair.

You now that? How, are you a mind reader?

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

Do their dam job. Stop them before they can cross the border. Tell them that they cannot come into Canada. They don't have to stand there like a bunch of dummies and watch people break the laws of Canada. That is what I expect my police force to do. Enforce the laws of Canada. And if they do make it across, arrest them and ship them back from whence they came. This feeling sorry for everyone who crosses our Canadian borders and shouts refugee, and then are allowed to stay, and then forced on the Canadian taxpayer to accept them, and take care of them for the rest of their life needs to stop. They are not even real refugees. They are coming from a safe and secure country where there is no war going on. This is one big farce being foisted on the taxpayer's of Canada. Shocking. 

They are doing their job, arresting illegal aliens and taking them to the border services. We are a country of laws, and so far the laws are being followed. Are you suggesting to change the laws, or break the laws?

Yes, it is a bad situation. The point is do you want to create a far worse situation in order to solve it. There are only a small number of refugee claimants that fit into this category, in fact fewer than there were a decade ago. 

35 minutes ago, taxme said:

Why would a race of Caucasian people want to make themselves a minority in their own country,

Canada welcomes minorities, so don't worry, you'll be welcome too.

Anyway, Middle Eastern people are also Caucasian, so you ought to be welcoming them in your quest to save the Caucasian race.

5 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

US-Mexico wall, at least $20 billion. Our land border is 3 times a long. Get out you wallet.

We do have an agreement with the US, the only country we have an agreement, it is the safe third country agreement that is being talked about, the one the NDP want to get rid of.

Ok, so we are talking process. What exactly is the process today, and how do we change it. Detention centres already exist.

Ok, so what do we do with refugee claimants that arrive in country? Create a concentration camp?

Ok, so you want to open up the Constitution. Write your MP and tell them your wish. Don't forget to mention what you want to do with permanent resident, visitors, etc. Are there now to be 2 categories, or more of rights?

You now that? How, are you a mind reader?

They are doing their job, arresting illegal aliens and taking them to the border services. We are a country of laws, and so far the laws are being followed. Are you suggesting to change the laws, or break the laws?

Yes, it is a bad situation. The point is do you want to create a far worse situation in order to solve it. There are only a small number of refugee claimants that fit into this category, in fact fewer than there were a decade ago. 

Standing there and watching people enter your country illegally is not doing their job. All the police are saying to these illegals is that once you make it to the Canadian border well you are welcome to walk right on in. We won't stop you.

So, if that is the attitude of the RCMP to just stand there, then what the hell are they doing there at all? Go back on patrol and ignore the problem. Maybe one day the police will catch them, and then arrest them and offer them all the rights and money to help them challenge their right to be here. Imagine that we have a Charter of Rights which even people from another country are protected under, and can use it as if they were a citizen of Canada. Why do we even have a Charter of Rights at all. 

Illegals entering the country without stopping them. Refugees are covered under the COR even though they are not even a citizen. The mentality of it all is staggering. 

11 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Canada welcomes minorities, so don't worry, you'll be welcome too.

Anyway, Middle Eastern people are also Caucasian, so you ought to be welcoming them in your quest to save the Caucasian race.

They don't all look like Caucasians to me. Many of them coming across the Manitoba border look dark to me. But who is looking, right?  

6 minutes ago, taxme said:

Standing there and watching people enter your country illegally is not doing their job. All the police are saying to these illegals is that once you make it to the Canadian border well you are welcome to walk right on in. We won't stop you.

They can't do anything to someone in the US, that is outside their jurisdiction. Once they enter Canada illegally, they are arrested and brought to the border agents. That is following the law, are you suggesting the police break the law? Are you suggesting the law be changed? Then tell me how. If the police do something on American soil then that is an act of war. Do you want to go to war with the US?

3 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

They can't do anything to someone in the US, that is outside their jurisdiction. Once they enter Canada illegally, they are arrested and brought to the border agents. That is following the law, are you suggesting the police break the law? Are you suggesting the law be changed? Then tell me how. If the police do something on American soil then that is an act of war. Do you want to go to war with the US?

I will say it one more time. Stop them at the border before they can cross into Canada. Sure they get so-called arrested, and most likely then are eventually settled somewhere in Canada while they wait for the right to get to stay in Canada. That could take years at cost the taxpayer's hundreds of millions of their tax dollars being blown down the drain.

They are not even real refugees. They have been living in America for years even decades. They are criminals plain and simple. They have broken Canadian law. If they tried that in Mexico they would get arrested and thrown in jail or out of the country. They don't fool around with illegals in Mexico. America won't now fool around with their illegals also. But here in Canada they are good as getting to stay here all on your dime of course even though they came here illegally. Canada is fast becoming a country of criminals. Cool, eh?  

5 minutes ago, taxme said:

I will say it one more time. Stop them at the border before they can cross into Canada.

Before they cross into Canada, they are in the United States. Any action of our police force in another country can be considered an act of war. We cannot do anything until they cross.

Open up your wallet, $60 billion will build a wall based on the Trump fiasco estimates. That should stop most of them.

1 hour ago, taxme said:

"Climate change" my butt. What an excuse for trying to make it appear as though climate change has a lot to do with world wide refugee immigration. Those illegal refugees crossing the border at Manitoba recently will argue that it was not global warming that was responsible for some of them losing a finger or two from frostbite. Some people's kids.  

How Climate Change is Behind the Surge of Migrants to Europe

From 2006 to 2011, large swaths of Syria suffered an extreme drought that, according to climatologists, was exacerbated by climate change. The drought lead to increased poverty and relocation to urban areas, according to a recent report by the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences and cited by Scientific American. “That drought, in addition to its mismanagement by the Assad regime, contributed to the displacement of two million in Syria,” says Francesco Femia, of the Washington, D.C.-based Center for Climate and Security. “That internal displacement may have contributed to the social unrest that precipitated the civil war. Which generated the refugee flows into Europe.” And what happened in Syria, he says, is likely to play out elsewhere going forward.

I doubt most right-wing conservatives could even find elsewhere on a map.

• Like 1

Brian Byrne, staff sergeant responsible for the RCMP's integrated border enforcement team in Quebec addressed how they deal with those crossing the border illegally.

Once a person is in sight, an officer on the ground will inform them that if they cross, they will be committing an offence under the Canadian Customs Act.

"We'll tell them that if they do cross the line that they will be arrested. We tell them that they should enter through a port of entry, we tell them that it's five kilometres east of here [from the crossing where he was giving the interview - Roxham road] and if they don't respect the warning then we arrest them."

After they are taken into police custody, they are identified and brought to the closest Canadian Border Service Agency checkpoint. There they will be interviewed, fingerprinted, and a file started. The will be detained if they cannot be identified, appear to pose a threat, or there is a risk they might not show up to a refugee hearing. Otherwise they are often released to stay with family or friends awaiting their hearing. It would be interesting to see what the statistics are, not just he number that show up but if they subsequently fail to show for a hearing or otherwise cause a problem. 

4 hours ago, ?Impact said:

Before they cross into Canada, they are in the United States. Any action of our police force in another country can be considered an act of war. We cannot do anything until they cross.

Open up your wallet, $60 billion will build a wall based on the Trump fiasco estimates. That should stop most of them.

Ia m not saying anything about the RCMP crossing into the USA. I am saying that they should be right there on the border pushing them back into America. Let them take their taxi ride back from wherever they came from. These so-called refugees seem to have plenty of money. They travel from all over the world to get to North America when there were plenty of countries where they passed thru that should have been good enough for them. But it never seems to be any of these refugee destinations. It is always North America. And they have money for taxis to get themselves to the border. These people are not real refugees, and Canadians should stop treating them as refugees. 

That wall for 60 billion? Is that before the exchange is put on it? I feel sorry for Trump who has to deal with all those liberal no minds in America. Sad to say but Canada has plenty of liberal emotional no minds also. I wonder if white liberals would say anything positive about refugees if all the refugees coming across the border into Canada were white? My belief is that they would be wanting to tell trudeau to build a wall, and keep those white people out. White liberals appear to have this hatred for who and what their skin color is. 

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

Pretty obvious as to why? That is because there is no elsewhere on any global map. See, right wingers are not so dumb like you think after all. Now with liberals, well, I am not to sure about that. I can see them looking all over a global map trying to find a country called elsewhere, and probably hoping that they can find some refugees there to bring to over to Canada. Hey, you never know.  

3 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

On immigration, the question is how many can we absorb. We might differ on the number but most of us would agree there is a ceiling. 

With the liberals and trudeau there will never be any ceiling. They just want to open up the border gates and let the whole world walk right on in, dam the consequences. 

3 hours ago, ?Impact said:

Brian Byrne, staff sergeant responsible for the RCMP's integrated border enforcement team in Quebec addressed how they deal with those crossing the border illegally.

Once a person is in sight, an officer on the ground will inform them that if they cross, they will be committing an offence under the Canadian Customs Act.

"We'll tell them that if they do cross the line that they will be arrested. We tell them that they should enter through a port of entry, we tell them that it's five kilometres east of here [from the crossing where he was giving the interview - Roxham road] and if they don't respect the warning then we arrest them."

After they are taken into police custody, they are identified and brought to the closest Canadian Border Service Agency checkpoint. There they will be interviewed, fingerprinted, and a file started. The will be detained if they cannot be identified, appear to pose a threat, or there is a risk they might not show up to a refugee hearing. Otherwise they are often released to stay with family or friends awaiting their hearing. It would be interesting to see what the statistics are, not just he number that show up but if they subsequently fail to show for a hearing or otherwise cause a problem. 

Then it is obvious that these illegals that cross into Canada illegally do not appear to care about the law when it is told to them which should tell us that if they do not want to abide by Canadian law right there and then then they should not have any chance of ever becoming a Canadian citizen. They have just shown us all their contempt for Canadian law. 

What would be interesting is to be able to find out as to how many of these illegals get to stay in Canada, and how many get shipped out of Canada. 

16 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Mexico doesn't want them either...so send all the illegals to Canada's welcoming hugs and kisses.   It's a win-win for everybody, right ?

10,000 Haitian illegals in Tijuana camps want to improve their hockey skills !

https://apnews.com/e5b367d3be2d404d9d22316047a6d735/Mexicans-weigh-the-daunting-prospect-of-deportee-camps

I believe the feeling is mutual; they don't want to stay in Mexico either.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, taxme said:

With the liberals and trudeau there will never be any ceiling. They just want to open up the border gates and let the whole world walk right on in, dam the consequences. 

I think you will find there will be. Politicians love power above all else. If public opinion turns against him, JT will change his policy. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

9 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

On immigration, the question is how many can we absorb. We might differ on the number but most of us would agree there is a ceiling. 

Ceiling be damned - Trudeau doesn't care about Canada!  He just want to show himself as the "Knight In Shining Armor" for all immigrants and refugees oppressed by Trump!  He's doing this to make himself look good!  At Canada's expense!

All you immigrants who have petitioned - following proper protocol - for your family to come and join you in Canada - forget it!  It's better for them to come here illegally. 

At the way things are going, all refugees and illegal immigrants will be jumping the line, and your families - who have been waiting in line -  are screwed!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1