Justin Trudeau the Worst PM Since Pierre Trudeau?

25 minutes ago, The_Squid said:

You're debating a guy who likes what Hitler did and thinks Canada should have joined Germany in WWII....

Your debating a guy who likes to question and challenge any and everything historical where I see a need to do so. So, what is wrong with that? I don't like what the communists did to the world, and would like to know as to why Canada joined forces against Hitler, and not against Stalin. Simple question, isn't it? Why do you appear to have a problem with that?  

57 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

How many posters on this site are old enough to remember Trudeau? I mean Pierre?

I do. At the time I was a wide eyed twenty-something who joined the federal public service as did thousands when he opened the job floodgates. Oh how we loved Pierre when he not only hired us, but showered us with wage increases of 10 to 12% annually and benefits to match. Vote Liberal, get freebies! We'll pay you and pay ourselves. Ah, the golden days.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Omni said:

You answered your own question there. As to the other part all I can say is what part of Vancouver do you live in, I must never have been there.

I didn't vote for trudeau, did you? Why are you asking me as to what part of Vancouver do I live in? What has that got to do with trudeau being the worse PM fin Canada?

5 minutes ago, taxme said:

My impression of most Canadians is that they don't even like themselves. Just my personal opinion.

I believe this is called 'self-projection'.

1. the tendency to ascribe to another person feelings, thoughts, or attitudes present in oneself, or to regard external reality as embodying such feelings, thoughts, etc., in some way.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taxme said:

I didn't vote for trudeau, did you? Why are you asking me as to what part of Vancouver do I live in? What has that got to do with trudeau being the worse PM fin Canada?

I was referri9ng to your sad comment about Canadians not liking themselves. Certainly not my impression.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

I believe this is called 'self-projection'.

1. the tendency to ascribe to another person feelings, thoughts, or attitudes present in oneself, or to regard external reality as embodying such feelings, thoughts, etc., in some way.

Just my opinion.

Sounds applicable to me.

Just my opinion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Now why would 84% of Canadians disapprove of Trump? Trump has only been president for three weeks. Give the guy a break. Maybe the reason for the supposed negativity about Trump is because of our fake and phony liberal media who cannot seem to get away from constantly trying to run down Trump. I would not trust any Canadian poll. No doubt that poll was just another bs liberal poll. They all are. It seems that every poll taking in Canada is a poll created to make conservatives and people like Trump look bad or unwanted. 

There is no doubt that the probable reason for Trump and why he may have angered Canada and Mexico is because he has shown leadership, and told the truth about the rigged political system where the leaders of Canada and Mexico have no clue about leadership, and refuse to want to drain the swamp in Canada. They appear to just want to keep corruption going and the stealing of tax dollars to promote their own wasteful liberal spending programs and agendas for the glory of making themselves look great. 

Canada has a lot of corruption going on in politics but for some reason our phony liberal media seems to want to ignore any of it, and just carry on with Trump bashing. 

And there is a possibility that Trump may have pissed off the Mexicans carrying on with such rhetorics as we build the wall and you pay for it. 

How about there may be truth in that poll taken from Canadians and something is wrong in your belief or perhaps the way you are looking at this? Have you looked at it that way.

So far any interactions I have seen from Trump with his Canadian and Mexican counterparts was to dominate the agenda and run the show. Well too bad! It didn't go well with the Mexican president (understandably) I also don't think Trudeau agrees with much of his policies.

3 hours ago, capricorn said:

Please point to me where in that "archived" document it spells out the percentage wage increases negotiated for public servants during PET's time. I have read said document and did not see it.

The 1982 Public Service Compensation Restraint Act limited raises in the federal public service to 6% and 5% respectively for the following two years.

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, kactus said:

And there is a possibility that Trump may have pissed off the Mexicans carrying on with such rhetorics as we build the wall and you pay for it. 

How about there may be truth in that poll taken from Canadians and something is wrong in your belief or perhaps the way you are looking at this? Have you looked at it that way.

So far any interactions I have seen from Trump with his Canadian and Mexican counterparts was to dominate the agenda and run the show. Well too bad! It didn't go well with the Mexican president (understandably) I also don't think Trudeau agrees with much of his policies.

Maybe after Trump builds that wall there will be no more refugees being able to cross into Canada from America illegally anymore. Trump is pizzing off other countries leaders because Trump makes them look bad, and they deserve it. America has always run the show, and always will. Nothing new. 

The hits keep on coming.....Justin Trudeau's ruling government has been the least productive over the past 20 years ?

In 9 months review of the present Liberal government, it is found that Justin Trudeau has been the least productive in the past 2 decades. For instance, Conservatives during their stint in 2011 passed bills in the House of Commons passed 18 bills while the present administration could only muster 10.

... Even the liberal government of 1994, headed by Jean Chrétien was far more active in passing 34 bills in the first 9 months of coming to power.

http://debatepost.com/2016/09/21/justin-trudeau-is-the-worst-prime-minister-ever/

9 hours ago, The_Squid said:

The 1982 Public Service Compensation Restraint Act limited raises in the federal public service to 6% and 5% respectively for the following two years.

That is no proof that what I said is, as you put it, “not true”. Have you forgotten that PET’s first stint as prime minister spanned 1968 to 1979? That’s the period in which I joined the public service. That’s also the period when PET oversaw generous compensation packages. He also grew the public service from 198,000 employees in 1970 to 273,000 in 1975.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Service_of_Canada#Hiring

As for PET's fiscal policies during that time frame:

The Liberals won the election but by 1975 the inflation rate which had been 10.7% in 1974 had climbed to 10.9% and showed no sign of abating. Trudeau was forced to rethink all of the options and when he introduced the Anti-Inflation Act in Parliament it contained wage and price controls for various segments of the economy.

The legislation was only one part of a program that also imposed limits on Federal government expenditures, tighter monetary policies and government restrictions on fiscal policy.

Wage increase were to be restricted to 10% during the first year of the program, and then 8% and 6% during the following two years. These restrictions applied to all Federal government employees and employees of companies that employed over 500 works. The implementation of these policies was overseen by the anti-inflation board which had the ability to recommend the reduction in prices of consumer goods, wage rollbacks and rebates to customers of various services. 

By 1978 the effects of the wage and price controls, all though not definitive, were viewed as a failure and were phased out. Within a year the anti-inflation board was dissolved. The program was generally disliked by Canadians and the government intrusion into the free market economy had many unforeseen results which created more difficulties then were solved by the program. “

http://www.canadahistory.com/sections/eras/trudeau/wage_&_price_controls.htm

Restricting public service wage increases to 10% is a clear indication that previous to that measure said increases were higher. And even so, back then a 10% wage increase was nothing to sneeze at.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The_Squid said:

You realize that what the public service did to counter this was simply reclassify some positions so they got a higher pay rate, right?

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

You realize that what the public service did to counter this was simply reclassify some positions so they got a higher pay rate, right?

Provide citations that public servants got the pay raises that Capricorn claims...  I'll believe you if you have reliable sources.  Otherwise, it's just anecdotal.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Justin Trudeau has to apologize for his French only screw-up.   Wonder what dear old dad would think ?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/justin-trudeau-apology-french-sherbrooke-1.3991312

That's good he apologized.  He shouldn't have done that.

• Like 1

Let's face it - our Anglophone pols make a poor attempt at speaking French. Even I can hear that. How many can speak French as well as Jean Charest speaks English? The Charest standard has rarely been met. 

And fair play to Brian for making an eejit of himself in Florida. We'll probably need more of that kind of thing over the long years ahead. 

12 hours ago, dre said:

This thread is stupid. There have been much worse prime ministers than either Trudeaus  according to the Canadian people.

Abbot, Bowell, Turner, Tupper, Campbell, Thomspon, Meighen, Clarke, Pearson, Mulroney, Borden, Bennet....

Apparently all French prime ministers were fabulous. :rolleyes:

Edited by Argus