Yes, you can be racist against white people

Here's the twitter account of a student from McGill university.  She is a Muslim Iranian I believe.

There's a difference between disliking and/or fighting against white patriarchy and those white people who may be racist against you, and hating them.  And especially, hating all white people.  I've seen a significant increase in white hatred online in the last few years.  When you're a person of colour, and you fight racism by being racist, you're just a hypocrite and have become exactly what you're fighting against. 

39 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Here's the twitter account of a student from McGill university.

She sounds like a real winner. Took a look through her twitter stream, she seems to hate the world. From what I can garner, she is taking women's studies. My favourite tweet from her is: There's a special place in hell for ppl whose only interaction with your social media posts and activities is to say negative stuff

Does she not get how negative she is in a lot of her own tweets. 

9 minutes ago, Argus said:

I see nothing wrong with screening students.

From Statistics Canada I see we have about 450,000 international students in country, but not to worry only about 220,000 of them are singed in the current year as many are returning and I assume we don't have to screen them a second time. When you figure out the cost of screening immigrants, multiply it by 1.73 to account for students.

You are ok with Temporary Foreign Worker Program, International Mobility Program and Work Permit holder for other purposes participants, or should we screen them as well. Perhaps you should do some homework on Statistics Canada to see how many temporary foreigners we let into the country. You didn't explicitly state it so please clarify you are ok with tourists not going through your extensive screening.

3 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

many are returning and I assume we don't have to screen them a second time

Not so fast.   No telling what weird social attitudes a student may have reabsorbed on a visit home so I think a second screening is absolutely required.

I've realized too that a lot of people bring their children with them when they immigrate to Canada.   Should there be an age cut-off?  And if not, how do you screen the under-six crowd?

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

This thread was started to attack a specific, private individual for the negativity in her tweets? Couldn't you get your point across without going after a real person?

Really?  You think she's the victim here?  The poor racist who publicly tweeted multiple racist remarks on a public social media platform, possibly committing hate crimes?  What's the difference if Trump or a KKK member posts things like this?   What's the difference if I retweet this post on my twitter with the same comments I added in the OP?  This isn't "negativity", it's racism and hatred against an identifiable group.  Whatever information she chooses or not to post on her profile is public, her tweets are public, she has consensuallly chosen to do this. She should own her public comments like everyone else.  MLW is social media too...

Edit: looking at her posts, seems she has been the victim of rape.  That I feel terribly for, but one crime doesn't excuse another.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

This isn't "negativity", it's racism and hatred against an identifiable group. 

Edit: looking at her posts, seems she has been the victim of rape.  That I feel terribly for, but one crime doesn't excuse another.

I thought the hatred was mostly directed at her itchy skin. The rest seemed to be contemptuous generalizations and what we used to call bitchiness.

2 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

I thought the hatred was mostly directed at her itchy skin. The rest seemed to be contemptuous generalizations and what we used to call bitchiness.

Contemptuous generalizations towards a racial group is called racism.  What if Kimmy tweeted:

"Already having more rashes seeing so many black men after 4 months"

"Already having more rashes seeing so many Jewish men after 4 months"

I personally wouldn't move to Iran and then complain that there's too many Muslims...

Leaving this individual nitwit's psychological issues aside, do we all at least agree that these Tweets are an example of anti-white racism?

-k

41 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No...they are just anti-white rants on a Twitter account.    Freedom of expression is not racism.

Whaaaaa? That doesn't make any sense.   Many people use their right to free expression to express racist ideas or opinions.

-k

7 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Here's the twitter account of a student from McGill university.  She is a Muslim Iranian I believe.

There's a difference between disliking and/or fighting against white patriarchy and those white people who may be racist against you, and hating them.  And especially, hating all white people.  I've seen a significant increase in white hatred online in the last few years.  When you're a person of colour, and you fight racism by being racist, you're just a hypocrite and have become exactly what you're fighting against. 

LOL, she has a good sense of self depreciating humor.  Iranians identify themselves as white when they come into the Western world (Especially in usa and canada).  As such, she cannot be racist against white people even theoretically.  No one would say Armenians like Kim Kardashian (related to Iranian) was something other than white, and she had made it clear she identifies and feels white and benefits from white privilege.

In fact the only reason all these afghans, iranian, iraqis and syrians and turks are getting to come to canada, as opposed to all the darker brown skinned refugees from yemen, somalia, and se asia is because they look closer to white than those other groups.

13 minutes ago, kimmy said:

Whaaaaa? That doesn't make any sense.   Many people use their right to free expression to express racist ideas or opinions.

Races are a social construct....there is only racism if you believe and perpetuate the construct.   It is not racism to rant on a Twitter account.   Richard Pryor didn't need Twitter to express ideas about "white" or "black" people, and he got paid to do it.

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Races are a social construct....there is only racism if you believe and perpetuate the construct.   It is not racism to rant on a Twitter account.   Richard Pryor didn't need Twitter to express ideas about "white" or "black" people, and he got paid to do it.

Race may be a social construct, racism is real.

1 hour ago, hernanday said:

In fact the only reason all these afghans, iranian, iraqis and syrians and turks are getting to come to canada, as opposed to all the darker brown skinned refugees from yemen, somalia, and se asia is because they look closer to white than those other groups.

2 of the 3 largest immigrant groups to Canada are brown-skinned Indians and brown-skinned Filipinos. 

Iranians identify themselves as white when they come into the Western world (Especially in usa and canada).  As such, she cannot be racist against white people even theoretically.

What if they identity as Persian and not white?

8 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

2 of the 3 largest immigrant groups to Canada are brown-skinned Indians and brown-skinned Filipinos. 

What if they identity as Persian and not white?

But persian is not a racial classification. I don't really think they are white, they don't look white to me, but they are trying to claim they are.

16 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No...they are just anti-white rants on a Twitter account.    Freedom of expression is not racism.

Yes it is. Depending  on what you say.

15 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Races are a social construct....there is only racism if you believe and perpetuate the construct.   

Not true. You may believe a black man should be hung from a tree for kissing a white girl. Just because you didn't hang a black man doesn't make you not a racist.

Edited by drummindiver

10 minutes ago, drummindiver said:

Yes it is. Depending  on what you say.

Not true. You may believe a black man should be hung from a tree for kissing a white girl. Just because you didn't hang a black man doesn't make you not a racist.

If it's racism, then racism is OK...freedom of expression is a protected right.   Words are not actions.