Trolling - Redux

Smallc

1 hour ago, WestCoastRunner said:

That's it exactly.  Argus attacks posters that disagree with him and often attaches negative adjectives to his replies while attacking same posters.

As do you, constantly, and then whine when people return the favor. As to the person you are agreeing with, I put him on ignore because his posts were so often bitterly angry and filled with raging insults. And yet here you both are whining about me being mean...

Edited by Argus

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/22/2016 at 8:42 PM, Argus said:

As do you, constantly, and then whine when people return the favor. As to the person you are agreeing with, I put him on ignore because his posts were so often bitterly angry and filled with raging insults. And yet here you both are whining about me being mean...

Actually, I was just pointing out that BC_chick's defence of Altai equally applies to you. But, cool. Pitch a fit. I'm the one who's bitterly angry and throwing around raging insults. I can matter of factly call your racist arguments trash without actually being angry about it. As I said before, I pity you; I don't get angry at you. If you're insulted by that, then that's your problem. You need to grow a pair and own your arguments.

Edited by cybercoma

I guess thread merger is in order.

I thought if threads were a waste of time they would die of natural causes.  Apparently they need help.

Is there a correlation between thread traffic of a post and quantity of trolling?  In other words are trolls trolling regardless of who is watching or is it performance to an audience?  Are posters creeped on waiting for the moment for a troll ambush no matter the topic or is the troll hiding in rocks of certain topics waiting for the poster to swim by?

• 2 weeks later...

Without getting into a lot of detail, I"ll just give an "atta boy" to the mods for cleaning up the US politics section.  It seems that many on the left have resorted to trolling WRT Trump and his presidency.  Perhaps after another month goes by a more civil discourse will be possible.

Read the definition of trolling again.  If you think a member is trolling, derailing or going off-topic then report it and I promise I will look at the report.

It's actually surprising when I look that many of the complaints about people going off-topic are made by people who started the drift to begin with.  I am, however, without memory the MOST when it comes to reports, ie. I don't remember what you did or didn't report in the past.  That means I will look at each report as a fresh case.

As ever, I thank all of you for your posts.  I learn very much from the posters here.

39 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Read the definition of trolling again.  If you think a member is trolling, derailing or going off-topic then report it and I promise I will look at the report.

It's actually surprising when I look that many of the complaints about people going off-topic are made by people who started the drift to begin with.  I am, however, without memory the MOST when it comes to reports, ie. I don't remember what you did or didn't report in the past.  That means I will look at each report as a fresh case.

As ever, I thank all of you for your posts.  I learn very much from the posters here.

BC is incessant in his trolling of the US politics threads by continuously belittling and trying to stifle responses from Non US posters. It's immature and nauseating to read his troll posts over and over again without providing any kind of substance. 

Instead our posts get deleted trying to draw attention to it because if we report it, we have no idea on the outcome.   We like to call it out in the thread to try and determine if it's an issue with other posters but instead our feedback to the thread is obliterated as if we don't even exist, as if we never responded to the thread. When our posts are deleted, it diminishes our value to this forum. You may think you are adding valuing by deleting them but instead you are pissing a lot of people off that can't be bothered reporting. Reporting doesn't give us feedback  

a lot of posters have left because of the trolling and we are left with alt right posters  

i suppose that's why MH became involved again   We have lost intelligent posts     I thank you MH for becoming involved again  

3 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

BC is incessant in his trolling of the US politics threads by continuously belittling and trying to stifle responses from Non US posters. It's immature and nauseating to read his troll posts over and over again without providing any kind of substance.

Attacking "BC" will not provide order in the MLW universe.    Several Canadian members of like minded and different political persuasions understand exactly what my role and purpose here is, and routinely exchange ideas and perspectives without being triggered. 

This is not a private club for a singular point of view and "immature" invectives directed in only one direction.   

In short, don't dish it out if you can't take it in return.  

Responding to "trolls" is also against forum rules !

3 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Gotta agree with WCR.  BC's posts are a constant troll, adding nothing of value 90% of the time, apparently the whole goal of his posts is to annoy other posters.  

Why would anyone want to contribute to a post knowing it will be ridiculed by a US poster. This is his MO for stifling conversation. I have never seen anything like it and am astonished that he gets away with it. 

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Attacking "BC" will not provide order in the MLW universe.    Several Canadian members of like minded and different political persuasions understand exactly what my role and purpose here is, and routinely exchange ideas and perspectives without being triggered. 

This is not a private club for a singular point of view and "immature" invectives directed in only one direction.   

In short, don't dish it out if you can't take it in return.  

Responding to "trolls" is also against forum rules !

At least you agree that 'trolls' are being responded to. 

What exactly is being dished out if our posts are repeatedly deleted. And I am not the only one whose posts are being deleted by trying to draw attention to trolls. 

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Read the definition of trolling again.  

I don't need to. Trolling is allowed here, as evidenced by your handling of it. The definition doesn't matter; the application of the rules is all that matters. So I will continue posting by that operating definition you've provided with your actions.

3 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Why would anyone want to contribute to a post knowing it will be ridiculed by a US poster. This is his MO for stifling conversation. I have never seen anything like it and am astonished that he gets away with it. 

It is true that several members now hear my footsteps with every move, but that should not discourage brave and meaningful cross-border discourse.  

This is a forum, not an echo chamber.

7 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

That's because Charles loves it. He's an anarchist who relishes radical fringe viewpoints and conspiracy theory garbage. That's why he doesn't moderate trolling or even understand what the hell it is. So the only solution is to troll the trolls because that's what this moderating team loves. Chaos.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

It is true that several members now hear my footsteps with every move, but that should not discourage brave and meaningful cross-border discourse.  

This is a forum, not an echo chamber.

You do not provide meaningful discourse. 

8 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

This is a very unbalanced perspective (revealing the true bias)....several Canadian members also ridicule deserving posts with glee !

1 minute ago, cybercoma said:

That's because Charles loves it. He's an anarchist who relishes radical fringe viewpoints and conspiracy theory garbage. That's why he doesn't moderate trolling or even understand what the hell it is. So the only solution is to troll the trolls because that's what this moderating team loves. Chaos.

Unfortunately we have lost intelligent posters. It's amazing how a poster can bring down a forum. 

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

This is a very unbalanced perspective (revealing the true bias)....several Canadian members also ridicule deserving posts with glee !

Why would the mods delete our posts when we try to draw attention to the trolling posts. At the very least we should come to a consensus about trolled posts but we can't because our posts are Deleted!  

Your 'brave and meaningful contribution' primarily consists of telling other posters they have no say in American politics (subtext: don't waste your time talking about it) pointless comments about JT, stupid comments about how Trump can do what he wants.  You don't offer any thought or substance, just digs.  So STFU about "thoughtful cross-border discourse", you have no interest in that at all.  

Perhaps not to you, but my many thousands of posts have been lustily consummated with responses.

The mods have set this as a "troll" benchmark....member responses negates a finding of "trolling".

Consummation. I get it. That's how mlw operates. 

1 minute ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Why would the mods delete our posts when we try to draw attention to the trolling posts. At the very least we should come to a consensus about trolled posts but we can't because our posts are Deleted!  

Because the mods have repeatedly directed the following actions for such circumstances.....REPORT and IGNORE.

The housekeeping to clean up such a mess is a waste of their time.