President Trump's cabinet

Good, because that is his job as president.   Obama has deported more illegals than any president in history.   Obama has deported more people than all the U.S. presidents of the 20th century.   Deporting illegals has widespread support.   All illegals should be deported...no exceptions.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obamas-deportation-policy-numbers/story?id=41715661

Cher is still yours.

Edited by DogOnPorch

29 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Good, because that is his job as president.   Obama has deported more illegals than any president in history.   Obama has deported more people than all the U.S. presidents of the 20th century.   Deporting illegals has widespread support.   All illegals should be deported...no exceptions.

If more have been deported, then there can`t be that many left with the exception of Melanija Knavs.

4 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Cher is still yours.

Amazing. What we're seeing is actually  continuation of the former President's policy, which he carefully concealed with his smile and soft demeanor. All that's happened is we have someone now who doesn't need to hide what he's doing.

This shit is chess, not checkers...

8 hours ago, BC_chick said:

Kimmy I didn't say he is Hitler I said he's so unpredictable anything is possible. 

He is starting off with a massive deportation. He's already expressed desire to 'identify' Muslims. He has stated that he has no issues committing war crimes.  There are 'parallels' which mean a similar atmosphere in which he rose to power.  

Will he fire up the ovens as soon as he takes office?  No of course not. Hitler didn't either.

For all I know if he'll revert to his pre 2008 Democrat and laugh at republicans but if there is any one campaign in 2016 election that has the capacity to start world war three, it's hands down Donald Trump. 

Thats what I mean by he's unpredictable.

Yah. He's a wild card, a joker so to speak.

Let's see what roaches, rats, lice, emerge in his new regime.

The only thing I predict is they will have to have a hairdresser on call 24 hours to keep his hair like that. Aint no way he walks down the stairs of Air Force One and it doesn't unravel choking his wife to death or smacking some bystander to death unless that hairdresser is there with constant spray. 

Trust me. He's just cholesterol and methane gas.

Edited by Rue

17 hours ago, BC_chick said:

Standing up for minority rights and LGBTQ isn't a conflicting stance.  The underlying commonality is that everyone should live their life without prejudice and with freedom and it's nobody's business what others are doing or thinking unless they're hurting others.  

You understand the views Islam (like most religions) holds towards the LGBTQ community? I don't see the difference there, then with anti semites and Christian/Zionists in their own tent.......Be that as it may, though I'm no fan of Bannon, from what I understand, the reports of him being a bigot stem largely from his ex-wife.

17 hours ago, BC_chick said:

I'm personally very curious which direction his foreign policy will take because I think he'll appease the Evangelical base but this is the first time we are seeing white power Jew-hating types in government so what they'll do is anyone's guess.

You stated "types", as in plural.........you know of other anti-semites within the Trump inner circle or rumored cabinet......or is this just hyperbole? If so to the later, leave it at that, I don't have the time, interest nor inclination to get into a tit-for-tat.

7 hours ago, BC_chick said:

Gingrich says Bannon isn't anti-Semitic because he worked in finance. 

Oh my God, is this for real?? :lol:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5829d117e4b02d21bbc99315

Read your link:

“This whole notion ― it’s like The Washington Post had this columnist the other day who pointed out that we’re on the anniversary of Kristallnacht, which was the night when the Nazis attacked Jewish businesses. And I’m thinking, ‘This is crazy!’

... But the fact is ― and you get this all these smears of Steve Bannon. Steve Bannon was a naval officer. He was a managing partner of Goldman Sachs. He was a Hollywood movie producer. You know, the idea that somehow he represents ― I had never heard of the alt-right until the nutcakes started writing about it.”

Gingrich is clearly repeating his resume........one would assume if Bannon disliked Jews there would be other reports from throughout his career ........other then from his ex-wife.

An interesting story.......coming from the "anti-gay" Trump camp:

The president-elect was considering tapping Richard Grenell as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations. If picked and ultimately confirmed by the Senate, he would be the first openly gay person to fill a Cabinet-level foreign policy post. Grenell previously served as U.S. spokesman at the U.N. under President George W. Bush's administration.

At the same time, Trump is weighing whether to select Michigan GOP chairwoman Ronna Romney McDaniel, a niece of Trump critic and 2012 presidential nominee Mitt Romney. She would be the first woman in decades to run the Republican National Committee.

Furthermore, I'd think this would be a great pic:

Ingraham is under serious consideration for White House press secretary, sources confirmed to CNN on Monday.

Other people are in contention for the post as well, the sources said. But Ingraham's name stands out because of her nationally syndicated talk radio show and her close ties to Trump.

8 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

My question again: Is Donald Trump going to attack gays?

He states that he's going to do everything in his power to protect the community. Doesn't he? This to a room of Republicans rather than a despised talking head.

And they cheered.

He said he'd protect them from being shot by Muslim radicals, but he didn't promise to protect them Christian radicals like Mike Pence. I once again mention my observation that right-wingers seem to only care about gay rights when it presents the opportunity to slam Muslims... it looks like you're doing your level best to become Exhibit A on that front.

Trump might genuinely have no issue with gay people. In fact I suspect he probably doesn't.   On the other hand, he made America's biggest bigot Mike Pence his running-mate, and appointed a Family Research Council mook to chair his "domestic policy" team, so that's not very promising.

Trump's latest opinion on the subject is that gay marriage is "a done deal", which I'm sure has Mike Pence shaking with rage.

-k

17 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

An interesting story.......coming from the "anti-gay" Trump camp:

Stunner: Trump considering homo and female for cabinet post! Observers astounded!

17 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

Furthermore, I'd think this would be a great pic:

Ok, if Laura Ingraham is press secretary, where does that leave Kellyanne?

-k

16 minutes ago, kimmy said:

He said he'd protect them from being shot by Muslim radicals, but he didn't promise to protect them Christian radicals like Mike Pence.

He stated during last night's 60 Minutes interview that he considers gay marriage a done deal, upheld by the Supreme Court ruling....I would assume his Supreme Court pick will reflect this statement.

*** Didn't read your whole post...oopps

Edited by Derek 2.0

3 minutes ago, kimmy said:

Could it be.......he's not as bad as everyone makes him out to be? Grenell was Bolton's right-hand at the UN during the Bush Administration.....and is a known face on FNC (token gay guy)

Putting a Romney in charge of RNC is clearly aimed at mending fences and outreach to women/equality in the workplace........

That Trump.....must have something up his sleeve ;)

8 minutes ago, kimmy said:

Ok, if Laura Ingraham is press secretary, where does that leave Kellyanne?

Laura would be, in my opinion, a better choice.....a female Tony Snow in every sense of word.......I'm sure Kellyanne would get something else.....but its possible she doesn't want to move to Washington????

2 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

Could it be.......he's not as bad as everyone makes him out to be? Grenell was Bolton's right-hand at the UN during the Bush Administration.....and is a known face on FNC (token gay guy)

Putting a Romney in charge of RNC is clearly aimed at mending fences and outreach to women/equality in the workplace........

He's got a token gay, a token female, ... he just needs a token black guy and he's all set! David Clarke?

2 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

Laura would be, in my opinion, a better choice.....a female Tony Snow in every sense of word.......I'm sure Kellyanne would get something else.....but its possible she doesn't want to move to Washington????

Kellyanne has said quite definitively that she'll be part of the team. Even though I'm sure it's going to be a pay-cut compared to what she could make elsewhere right now.

-k

9 minutes ago, kimmy said:

he just needs a token black guy and he's all set! David Clarke?

......and Ben Carson......I've also heard Bobby Jindal as token brown guy.....he's short a Hispanic, has a Jew in his son-in-law and several Catholics.

14 minutes ago, kimmy said:

Kellyanne has said quite definitively that she'll be part of the team. Even though I'm sure it's going to be a pay-cut compared to what she could make elsewhere right now.

-k

Oh I agree, she'll have some role......Laura might not want to give-up her radio gig, I missed her interview with Tucker Carlson earlier, but she was supposed to have been tight lipped......Gingrich kinda let it slip on the Kelly File that Giuliani is looking more like Secretary of State and perhaps Sen. Sessions as Attorney General (He was the Alabama Att Gen)......as for himself, sounded like some sort of new portfolio on Washington/Government transformation.

Gee, all of this angst about Trump's cabinet, I can't seem to recall the lefties around here saying much about Obama's first cabinet.  Van Jones. Tom Daschle with his laughable tax problems.  Nancy Killefer with HER tax problems.  Timothy Geithner  -  you guessed it, more tax not paid issues.

Trump's picks show more attention to detail than the unvetted crew from Obama's first cabinet.  In fact, I bet at the meeting between Trump and Obama, at some point Trump got tired of all the silly advice and just said, Thanks, we'll take it from here.

Edited by sharkman

Trump wants Top Secret clearance for his kids.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-team-seeks-top-secret-security-clearances-for-trump-children/

Awesome.....  keep the running of the country within the family.... cuz, you know, they are obviously the best and brightest.  I thought they were supposed to be running "the company"....

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/11/trump-wants-top-secret-security-clearance-for-his-kids.html

I guess it gets around the nepotism rules if they don't actually get paid.....  

1 hour ago, sharkman said:

Gee, all of this angst about Trump's cabinet, I can't seem to recall the lefties around here saying much about Obama's first cabinet.  Van Jones. Tom Daschle with his laughable tax problems.  Nancy Killefer with HER tax problems.  Timothy Geithner  -  you guessed it, more tax not paid issues.

Right or left, most people only care about their own "side" and ignore a lot of the crap their own "side" does.  All the garbage Harper did? The silence from the right on this board was deafening.  So please spare us this nonsense, neither righties or lefties have any ethical high ground.

1 minute ago, Derek 2.0 said:

So what? They'd need it to enter the West Wing of the White House.....secretaries, cleaners and stewards get the same. :rolleyes:

Please cite where a cleaner has Top Secret clearance.  That's just dumb Derek.