Transgender

I might have years ago. I read a lot of sci-fi in the past. I should really take up the habit again.

Sex changes as a matter of convenience and whim were a big thing with him. Good short story man.

Edited by bcsapper

What does discriminating mean in this context? Does it involve bathrooms and showers, for example? What about sports teams? If a guy 'self identifies' as a female must he/she be allowed to be on the female sports teams?

Has this question been answered? Can a man that identifies as a woman be allowed to play in female sports leagues? If not why not? Also, can someone identify as a different race? If not why not? If so, can they apply for race related quotas, scholarships, etc? If not why not?

• Downvote 1

What specifically are social conservatives currently legally able to do that would deny anyone their basic human rights that is not already covered by the charter and the criminal code?

Nothing in the long run but political appearances and correctness seem to dictate that social conservatives be accommodated.

Nothing in the long run but political appearances and correctness seem to dictate that social conservatives be accommodated.

The long term political appearances and correctness in this country always pushes ever farther away from social conservatism.

Has this question been answered? Can a man that identifies as a woman be allowed to play in female sports leagues? If not why not? Also, can someone identify as a different race? If not why not? If so, can they apply for race related quotas, scholarships, etc? If not why not?

Have you seen the flak I get around here for identifying as an Earthling?

Why? Social conservatism, the stupidest ism on the planet bar none.

It's as simple as this, it's progressive, and once you progress, you must progress further, extend the ideology further, which of course means the issues that are being fought about become more and more extreme, there is no limit to these people, there will always be another issue no matter how far left, and how liberal we already are, it will never be enough.

Something being seen as progressive does not have to always mean that it is progress. I can think of some things that are full of foolishness, but considered to be progress.

Just because you refuse to listen and are therefore ignorant to the issues and discrimination faced by transgender people, doesn't mean they're "making a big deal out of nothing for some unknown reasons." The reasons are known and they're making a big deal out of something they're intimately familiar with. If you want to stay closed-minded and ignorant to the issues, that's your prerogative. Fill your boots. However, criticizing people for demanding basic human rights is appalling.

I just don't see what the big deal is all about with these transgender people. If they have a problem as to who they are well go see a doctor, and solve your problem with him/her, not involve the rest of the world. I have my problems. Does the rest of the world have to know about them?

Just my humble opinion of course. :)

You're worried about cost, while transgender people are worried about basic human rights. Think about that for a minute.

I am. If transgender people have a gender problem why should the taxpayer's be involved, and have to pay for it? It seems that everyone these days that have a problem with whatever they have to get the government involved. Let them solve their own problems out and leave me out of them. Just wait until pedophiles,incest and beastiality become the next issues. It will start all over again about rights, and the taxpayer is going to have to foot the bill again from those people who think that they have rights, and that they need legislation to protect their rights.

Just wait until pedophiles,incest and beastiality become the next issues. It will start all over again about rights, and the taxpayer is going to have to foot the bill again from those people who think that they have rights, and that they need legislation to protect their rights.

the more things change, the more they stay the same!

The slippery slope argument only works if we close down our minds to the possibility of material distinctions between... transgender... and the parade of horribles.

Just wait until pedophiles,incest and beastiality become the next issues.

Your slippery slope starts with transgender rights and ends with incest and bestiality?

Like, first these people who never did anything to anyone else want to be protected and next thing you know people who rape their kids and pets will want the same?

I mean the two scenarios are so exactly alike, it's completely inevitable, I get it.

Edited by BC_chick

For the record, I'm fine with incest as long as no offspring are produced, and fine with bestiality if you can somehow prove the animal consents. If someone genetically engineers super intelligent dolphins and one of these dolphins grows up and consents to have sex with a human, I have no issue with that.

Have you seen the flak I get around here for identifying as an Earthling?

Why? Social conservatism, the stupidest ism on the planet bar none.

Acknowledging basic biology isn't social conservatism. It's called science.

It's pretty naive to think it would even end there.

The part you missed is that one group rapes pets and children and one group doesn't harm anyone. They are nothing alike.

The whole slippery slope argument falls apart before even taking off.

The part you missed is that one group rapes pets and children and one group doesn't harm anyone. They are nothing alike.

What we are seeing is previously aberrant behavior (transsexualism) is being normalized to the point where children are being abused by professionals who suggest to them that sex change surgeries are 'options to consider' just because a 5 year old likes to dress up. It is not a stretch to suggest that activists will next attempt to normalize bestiality in the same way.

What we are seeing is previously aberrant behavior (transsexualism) is being normalized to the point where children are being abused by professionals who suggest to them that sex change surgeries are 'options to consider' just because a 5 year old likes to dress up. It is not a stretch to suggest that activists will next attempt to normalize bestiality in the same way.

Even in your distorted reality, the transgender 5 year old is not a perpetrator. That's the part you're not getting.

Transgender = victimless

Rapist of children and animals = victims

The day will not come where the latter will be granted protection because they are perpetrators of a crime.

Even in your distorted reality, the transgender 5 year old is not a perpetrator.

No. The 5 year is a victim of adults poisoning their mind with ideas that cause great harm. The only message a child should be getting from adults is they should love the body they have.

The day will not come where the latter will be granted protection because they are perpetrators of a crime.

They are only a crime today because they are considered abhorant but that does not mean it will always be so. Being gay used to be crime and based on your logic it should have never been 'normalized' because it was a 'crime'.

The mission of progressives is to turn the abhorant into the normal and the normal into the abhorant. It is a never ending demand for change because change is 'progress'.

Edited by TimG