Transgender

OK, BC_Chick, You won't come forward with a straight answer, so I'll let you off the hook.

You don't like incest, you think it's disgusting. Even with the reproduction issue off the table, you still think it's disgusting - and I probably agree. Do I think you're bigoted for feeling this way? No, you are simply a person with a line as to what is acceptable sexual behaviour. Same as the rest of us, or most of us. When the day comes that we're forced to feel a certain way about the incestuals - and it will come, I know you'll be with us.

So, why are we shouted down as bigoted for not being accepting of the transgender situation? The only difference between you and I is the where the line is drawn. I don't have anything against transgendered people just as I assume you don't have anything against Incestuals as people - it's a matter of being forced to accept something or a law that is just simply over the line. Same as beastiality or pedophelia.

I'm against the transgendered thing mainly because of the effects it'll certainly have on the community as a whole. I'm not a bigot, nor am I a hater, I wish them no ill will, i'm just not prepared to compromise the comfort level of at least 51% of the population for the comfort level of .03% of the population.

OK, BC_Chick, You won't come forward with a straight answer, so I'll let you off the hook.

You don't like incest, you think it's disgusting. Even with the reproduction issue off the table, you still think it's disgusting - and I probably agree. Do I think you're bigoted for feeling this way? No, you are simply a person with a line as to what is acceptable sexual behaviour. Same as the rest of us, or most of us. When the day comes that we're forced to feel a certain way about the incestuals - and it will come, I know you'll be with us.

I said TO ME incestual sex is disgusting and I've acknowledged that TO SOME homosexual sex is disgusting. I've already said I don't think anything should be outlawed if everyone is of age and no children are produced.

There are lots of things cisgender heterosexual people that I consider 'disgusting' too, what's your point? What is it about my stance that you find so inconsistent? Just come out and say it.

I'm against the transgendered thing mainly because of the effects it'll certainly have on the community as a whole. I'm not a bigot, nor am I a hater, I wish them no ill will, i'm just not prepared to compromise the comfort level of at least 51% of the population for the comfort level of .03% of the population.

How are you compromising your comfort level? You've been seeing FTM transgenders in the washroom all your life and you probably didn't even know it. How exactly are you compromising?

I said TO ME incestual sex is disgusting and I've acknowledged that TO SOME homosexual sex is disgusting. I've already said I don't think anything should be outlawed if everyone is of age and no children are produced.

There are lots of things cisgender heterosexual people that I consider 'disgusting' too, what's your point? What is it about my stance that you find so inconsistent? Just come out and say it.

How are you compromising your comfort level? You've been seeing FTM transgenders in the washroom all your life and you probably didn't even know it. How exactly are you compromising?

You do understand that this issue is about not simply bathrooms...right? You do know that?

We still live in a society that accepts...no, wants businesses that segregate against men such as Curves and other women only fitness places. You honestly think these women who don't want men even seeing them workout, want to all of the sudden have them in the shower? You think teenage girls and college students are comfortable with that? C'mon? You know that can't be true!

This issue certainly affects everybody in society, not simply transgendered people. There should be a referendum to see what people really think. My guess is you'd be surprised.

The KKK were uncomfortable when black people were entering the washrooms that they were in. Yet racially segregated washrooms were eliminated despite this.

Now some women demand we continue sex/gender segregated washrooms because they will be uncomfortable.

Cultural misandry is very strong in our society.

Now some women demand we continue sex/gender segregated washrooms because they will be uncomfortable.

Women? This is purely a social conservative construct. You twisting the issue to be about women in general shows a bias, if not outright misogyny.

The KKK were uncomfortable when black people were entering the washrooms that they were in. Yet racially segregated washrooms were eliminated despite this.

Good grief, does every defense have to come down to KKK or the Nazis?

Anyway, letting blacks into formerly "white only" establishments didn't actually affect anybody, and before we get into gay marriage, no, that didn't affect anybody either. This situation does have a direct affect on the wellbeing of others.

Why can't the transgender community be happy using the family or disabled facilities?

How stupid are people? Put in a transgender wash room in the schools for safety reasons, really? That tells everyone who is a transgender. Wash rooms have stalls, nobody will ever know, who is what. Just another group of people looking for special rights. And when you give a right to some one, some one loses a right. The right to know who is using your wash room.

How stupid are people? Put in a transgender wash room in the schools for safety reasons, really? That tells everyone who is a transgender. Wash rooms have stalls, nobody will ever know, who is what. Just another group of people looking for special rights. And when you give a right to some one, some one loses a right. The right to know who is using your wash room.

I don't think any transgender people are asking for segregated washrooms.

I don't think any transgender people are asking for segregated washrooms.

If they were, that would be good. But, they don't want any bathroom/change room or shower that makes them seem different. Schools have offered them their own bathroom and offered to allow them the use of the teacher's shower, pools suggest that they use the family change rooms and other facilities have offered up disability amenities - they don't want any of that.

This isn't about making the practical choice - never was. This is what is so frustrating - you people don't know what they're really asking and you don't know (because it has never been defined) what a transgender person even is.

If "us people don't know what they're really asking and what a transgender person even is" then you especially don't.

Well, there are many of you, and I've been arguing BC Chick with the intention that she knew their goals, how embarrassing to realize that she had no clue.

You're obviously aware that they're seeking change room and shower access right? You know they're looking to compete in sports as their gender of choice and that on field trips they want to be placed in sleeping quarters with the gender of their choice right? They want access to women only gym's and saunas?

You also understand that to be transgender, you don't need meds, surgery, doctors note, you don't have to dress or look like the opposite gender, you don't even have to be gay? You don't even have to transgender - to be transgender, you just have question your own sexuality. You don't have to remain transgender, you can actually switch back and forth without notice, And of course you know that someone who claims to be transgender can NEVER be questioned? Right?

Edited by Hal 9000

Anyway, letting blacks into formerly "white only" establishments didn't actually affect anybody, and before we get into gay marriage, no, that didn't affect anybody either. This situation does have a direct affect on the wellbeing of others.

Letting blacks into formerly white only washrooms upsets white racists.

Letting men into formerly female only washrooms upsets female sexists.

Seems very similar to me.

Letting blacks into formerly white only washrooms upsets white racists.

Letting men into formerly female only washrooms upsets female sexists.

Seems very similar to me.

You know, when I hear the terms "washroom issue", or "bathroom issue" all i'm hearing is someone who really doesn't understand the scope of the issue. It makes me wonder if people are looking into the issue or simply reading the headline, the headline that is being force fed to you. I'd think you would know that the terms "bathroom bill" or "bathroom law" are an effort by the left to downplay the issue as much as possible - make it seem silly.

Well, there are many of you, and I've been arguing BC Chick with the intention that she knew their goals, how embarrassing to realize that she had no clue.

What are you on about now? What goal?

Is this like my 'inconsistent' incest argument which was very consistent even though you kept saying it wasn't?

Edited by BC_chick

What are you on about now? What goal?

Is this like my 'inconsistent' incest argument which was very consistent even though you kept saying it wasn't?

First off, I tried being nice to you when you were hiding behind the "criminal" aspect of incest when in reality, you don't accept the incestuals simply because you think it's disgusting.

Secondly, do you actually know the end goal of this transgender issue? Up until yesterday you didn't, maybe you still don't.

First off, I tried being nice to you when you were hiding behind the "criminal" aspect of incest when in reality, you don't accept the incestuals simply because you think it's disgusting.

Secondly, do you actually know the end goal of this transgender issue? Up until yesterday you didn't, maybe you still don't.

You weren't nice to me. You didn't get it and you still don't.

I've been quite clear that disgusting does not mean criminal - and that criminal is for something that creates a victim (ie bestiality, pedophilia or in the case of incest, the only thing criminal is offspring).

As for the end goal of transgendered. Please tell.

Edited by BC_chick

Show me a black person who can just decide to be white. Maybe then you'll actually have a point here.

Show me a black person who can just decide to be white. Maybe then you'll actually have a point here.

Transgendered people choose to be transgendered? That's a really ignorant statement.

I have to laugh at that article trying to claim they aren't the same. They're EXACTLY the same: wishing you were something that you are not, then going about pretending to be that other thing. Cue the mock outrage when others don't want to play along.

Transgendered people choose to be transgendered? That's a really ignorant statement.

Did someone else tie them down and dress them up, give them hormones, surgery, etc, against their will? Or, did they do those things because they wanted to?

Did someone else tie them down and dress them up, give them hormones, surgery, etc, against their will? Or, did they do those things because they wanted to?

So you chose your gender? It's nothing more than them choosing not to be male or female? That's simply absurd and a simpleton way of looking at it.