Transgender

So you chose your gender? It's nothing more than them choosing not to be male or female? That's simply absurd and a simpleton way of looking at it.

Your gender is a biological fact. Portraying yourself as something other than that fact is the choice.

The solution is simple. Universal washrooms with private stalls for everyone. Speaking of which, why should women and be the only ones who get stalls for doing all their business in anyway? Isn't it time we had a debate about this from a men's rights perspective?

I know I for one don't want anyone checking out my gender and abundance thereof.

Your gender is a biological fact. Portraying yourself as something other than that fact is the choice.

So you think people choose to be transgendered?

Do you think people choose to be gay as well?

So you think people choose to be transgendered?

Do you think people choose to be gay as well?

I know many that have made that choice. Several that changed their minds later on too.

You're obviously aware that they're seeking change room and shower access right?

I've asked several times for a single example of a transgender person being upset that they can't shower in public. Not a single person, including you has come up with that. So if you want me to indulge the rest of your post, you'll need to find a real life situation and we can discuss the circumstances.

How you portray gender is absolutely not a biological fact and has changed over time and is also different between cultures. Gender expression is unquestionably a matter of society and culture. Gender identity is not gender expression. Gender identity is where transgender people differ from cisgender people. But I mean, hey, why actually take the time to understand what you're talking about, eh?

I've asked several times for a single example of a transgender person being upset that they can't shower in public. Not a single person, including you has come up with that. So if you want me to indulge the rest of your post, you'll need to find a real life situation and we can discuss the circumstances.

Last year, an Edmonton transgender student's wish to use the girl's washroom at her Catholic elementary school pushed the issue of gender inclusive policies into the spotlight.

The seven-year-old girl was originally told she had to use a single-stall washroom at the school. But the principal relented after a public outcry.

Everyone has the right to define their own gender identity. Trans people should be recognized and treated as the gender they live in, whether or not they have undergone surgery, or their identity documents are up to date.

Trans people should have access to washrooms, change rooms and other gender specific services and facilities based on their lived gender identity.

TORONTO, March 4, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) – A biological man claiming to be ‘transgender’ so as to gain access to and prey on women at two Toronto shelters was jailed “indefinitely” last week after being declared by a judge a “dangerous offender.”

Pro-family leaders are pointing out that this is exactly the type of incident they warned of as the Ontario government passed its “gender identity” bill, dubbed the “bathroom bill,” in 2012.

Your gender is a biological fact. Portraying yourself as something other than that fact is the choice.I know many that have made that choice. Several that changed their minds later on too.

How convenient that your personal anecdote happens to contradict what all the research has said about homosexuality, transgenderism and whether it's a choice...

How convenient that your personal anecdote happens to contradict what all the research has said about homosexuality, transgenderism and whether it's a choice...

I prefer to deal with reality. I can't control what ridiculous fictions you've been reading.

How you portray gender is absolutely not a biological fact and has changed over time and is also different between cultures. Gender expression is unquestionably a matter of society and culture. Gender identity is not gender expression. Gender identity is where transgender people differ from cisgender people. But I mean, hey, why actually take the time to understand what you're talking about, eh?

I understand fully that you're speaking bafflegab. You can express anything you want, that doesn't make it true. You can identify whatever way you want, that doesn't make it true. All you're doing is enabling people's delusions.

Last year, an Edmonton transgender student's wish to use the girl's washroom at her Catholic elementary school pushed the issue of gender inclusive policies into the spotlight.

The seven-year-old girl was originally told she had to use a single-stall washroom at the school. But the principal relented after a public outcry.

Everyone has the right to define their own gender identity. Trans people should be recognized and treated as the gender they live in, whether or not they have undergone surgery, or their identity documents are up to date.

Trans people should have access to washrooms, change rooms and other gender specific services and facilities based on their lived gender identity.

TORONTO, March 4, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) – A biological man claiming to be ‘transgender’ so as to gain access to and prey on women at two Toronto shelters was jailed “indefinitely” last week after being declared by a judge a “dangerous offender.”

Pro-family leaders are pointing out that this is exactly the type of incident they warned of as the Ontario government passed its “gender identity” bill, dubbed the “bathroom bill,” in 2012.

Lifesitenews...

social conservative religious nutbars.... great cite!! LOL

Lifesitenews...

social conservative religious nutbars.... great cite!! LOL

These stories are all over the internet, but this is your obvious schtick. This is why you always want cites and why I choose to not give them. The other 2 cites were CTV.

There are plenty more, I chose canadian ones, because if I chose US articles, you'd complain about that.

You're weak, why not try to discuss issues.

Here is an excerpt from the Global News BC article;

Plett specifically referenced the case of Christopher Hambrook, a Toronto man who posed as a transgender woman named “Jessica” to access two women’s shelters, where he sexually assaulted women. He has since been declared a dangerous offender.

Edited by Hal 9000

In one of those articles I read yesterday, the Alberta School rep did say that any cisgendered girls who are unforgettable with a male bodied person in their shower are free to use to disabled or teacher shower - classic. We're gonna have a situation similar to what they had in New You and Washington, where there are 18-20 girls in the single shower family room and one transgender in the entire women's change area.

So that's a no then? You have no examples of any transgender person insisting on using public showers?b

Also, one example of a sexual predator doesn't make the entire transgender community rapists. There's rapists who aren't transgender who've gained access to public washrooms to victimize people. And besides, how is forcing them into one washroom or the other going to stop rapists at all?

I understand fully that you're speaking bafflegab. You can express anything you want, that doesn't make it true. You can identify whatever way you want, that doesn't make it true. All you're doing is enabling people's delusions.

Nothing baffling about it. It's only bafflegab to you because you don't have a damn clue what you're talking about, yet feel entitled to have an opinion based entirely on a position of ignorance.

These stories are all over the internet, but this is your obvious schtick. This is why you always want cites and why I choose to not give them. The other 2 cites were CTV.

There are plenty more, I chose canadian ones, because if I chose US articles, you'd complain about that.

You're weak, why not try to discuss issues.

Here is an excerpt from the Global News BC article;

Plett specifically referenced the case of Christopher Hambrook, a Toronto man who posed as a transgender woman named “Jessica” to access two women’s shelters, where he sexually assaulted women. He has since been declared a dangerous offender.[/size]

Posed as transgender. So a rapist pretended to be something he's not and you want to take it out on the whole transgender community because of that one incident you found on a social conservative blog with absolutely no context. Here's an idea. Deal with rapists as rapists. This is a red herrin that has sweet F all to do with trans rights.

With respect to showers, if we were raised from a young age to shower together I doubt we would think much of it. Sort of like how Saudi Arabia makes a big deal over a woman showing her face or in Victorian times people made big deals over women showing their ankles.

In Starship Troopers, a future was envisioned where all soldiers, regardless of sex or gender showered together. It only seems awkward because we've been raised to think that it is. Other cultures take communal baths and it's not the least bit strange and they're not frantic about rapists molesting people in the tub.

Posed as transgender. So a rapist pretended to be something he's not and you want to take it out on the whole transgender community because of that one incident you found on a social conservative blog with absolutely no context. Here's an idea. Deal with rapists as rapists. This is a red herrin that has sweet F all to do with trans rights.

Seriously, try to keep up. This is not a red herring, it is exactly the point.

If rapists are the point, then your focus should be rapists, not trans people. Whining and crying about trans people is absolutely a red herring if that's your problem.

Try to keep up. Seriously, your penchant for arguing against things that no one is actually saying is really getting tiresome.