America under President Trump

17 minutes ago, Shady said:

And you guys instigated terrorism during the summer.  Nobody cared.  You people are just upset that some Republican voters have started using the same tactics as Democrats.  Too bad.  You reap what you sow.

People expect more of their presidents than being equivalent to tattoo-faced rioters. But they didn't try to overthrow the legitimate government with a coup, so it's a false equivalency even at that low standard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

People expect more of their presidents than being equivalent to tattoo-faced rioters. But they didn't try to overthrow the legitimate government with a coup, so it's a false equivalency even at that low standard.

The president had nothing to do with the riot.  It was planned well ahead of time, like the Democrat BLM riots during the summer.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

I'm confused.

Yes I noticed, even more so than usual.

But don't you consider your efforts to downplay and spread the virus to be terrorism as well? That was just a special side project and not the same as your traditional forms of terrorism?

My efforts to "downplay" it are perfectly legitimate. While the frightened chickens run around screaming, I the intelligent Mensch remain calm and clear-headed.

Spreading fear of the virus could indeed be a form of terrorism. It demonstrates a new paradigm of societal control that is difficult to stop or prevent, once these things are in place. It also appeals to authoritarian types who need a big daddy to tell them what to do, someone who will save you... from yourselves.

19 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

The COVID victoms were not people whi were about to die anyway. 

None of them, eh? Not a one would die... ever.

No, the point is deaths are normal, everyday occurrences. Everyone you know, and don't know, will get in line to meet the reaper.

Therefore it is only excess deaths that have any real meaning, in the context of covid-19. And there are some, for sure.
If you really want to compare, show me a previous year where we counted the dead and tested them for viral infections. There is no comparison to what we've just done.

But ohh, look how many people have died in the past year! My oh my.

You are next. :ph34r:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

None of them, eh? Not a one would die... ever.

No, the point is deaths are normal, everyday occurrences. Everyone you know, and don't know, will get in line to meet the reaper.

Therefore it is only excess deaths that have any real meaning, in the context of covid-19. And there are some, for sure.
If you really want to compare, show me a previous year where we counted the dead and tested them for viral infections. There is no comparison to what we've just done.

But ohh, look how many people have died in the past year! My oh my.

You are next. :ph34r:

The official number of US excess deaths since the start of the pandemic has been posted on this site many times. Giving you the benefit of the doubt here it is again:  as of the last measure (end of Q3 2020) it was 299k, of which most were directly caused by COVID. It’s probably closer to 500k now. Note that some of the remaining third may he indirectly caused by COVID, for example people who couldn’t get treatment for other health problems because hospitals were overwhelmed or because they lost their health insurance in America’s shitty health system or committed suicide when they lost their job in the pandemic  

Overall, an estimated 299,028 excess deaths occurred from late January through October 3, 2020, with 198,081 (66%) excess deaths attributed to COVID-19. The largest percentage increases were seen among adults aged 25–44 years and among Hispanic or Latino persons.

12 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

as of the last measure (end of Q3 2020) it was 299k, of which most were directly caused by COVID. It’s probably closer to 500k now.

500k is the total number of people in the US who have died of covid up until now, but it is not the number of excess deaths.

Here you can peruse the CDC data on excess deaths. I already posted it before.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

26 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

The largest percentage increases were seen among adults aged 25–44 years

That is because they don't tend to die as much as old people, who always must and will eventually die. So even a relatively small increase in excess deaths in that demographic produce a big "percentage increase". For those who are very advanced in age, there is no percent increase at all. The death rate is already at 100%.

• Like 1

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Walk to the truck...trip over a corpse. Open the door...two corpses fall out. Start 'er up...back out of the driveway...da-dump---da dump...run over a corpse.

I still don't know a single person who's had covid, let alone died. But I know of two younger people who committed suicide, in part due to covid taking them over the brink.

• Like 1

Just now, OftenWrong said:

I still don't know a single person who's had covid, let alone died. But I know of two younger people who committed suicide, in part due to covid taking them over the brink.

Watch out! Falling corpse!!!! 

~SPLAT~

Ripe one, too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

500k is the total number of people in the US who have died of covid up until now, but it is not the number of excess deaths.

Here you can peruse the CDC data on excess deaths. I already posted it before.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

That is because they don't tend to die as much as old people, who always must and will eventually die. So even a relatively small increase in excess deaths in that demographic produce a big "percentage increase". For those who are very advanced in age, there is no percent increase at all. The death rate is already at 100%.

I know what excess deaths are I mentioned it in my last post. I don’t understand what you’re trying to say...you’re claiming that there aren’t that many excess deaths?

On 2/23/2021 at 10:51 PM, BeaverFever said:

Trump made $1.6 billion while president, according to financial disclosures, but left office less wealthy than before

• Donald Trump made at least $1.6 billion during his single term as US president.

• He could have made as much as $1.79 billion, according to financial disclosures.

• Much of the revenue came from Mar-a-Lago, his hotel in DC, and his American golf courses

Donald Trump may have donated his $400,000 salary as president, but that represented just one-tenth of a percent of the money he made while the world's most powerful man.

During his four-year term in office, Trump reported making between $1.6 and $1.79 billion, with some $620 million coming from the Mar-a-Lago resort, his hotel in the nation's capital, and three of his golf courses in the United States.

As Insider previously reported, despite making hundreds of millions of dollars each year, Trump paid just $750 in federal income taxes for his first year in office.

Overall, however, Trump appears to be less wealthy today than when he took office. In fall 2020, Forbes said the ex-president was now the 352nd richest person in America - down from 275 the year before, reflecting a drop in net worth from $3.1 billion to $2.5 billion.

Struggling with debt, the former head of state deposited millions of dollars in 2020 campaign donations into the Trump Organization, according to a report by Forbs.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/trump-made-1-6-billion-015332054.html

So he made billions in income from lobbyists and cronies and Saudis bribing him with visits his properties but after COVID and his failed reelection bid and his personal debts to god-knows-who his total wealth actually decreased  

No wonder he was so desperate to defraud his gullible supporters for more donations with his fake election fraud claims. 

Architect Of The Capitol Outlines $30 Million In Damages From Pro-Trump Riot

The cost of repairing damages from the attack on the U.S. Capitol and related security expenses have already topped $30 million and will keep rising, Architect of the Capitol J. Brett Blanton told lawmakers on Wednesday.

....When the mob thronged the Capitol, the Architect of the Capitol's painters and artisans were laboring to complete the massive task of readying the campus to host a presidential inauguration.

"Over the course of a couple of hours, the hard work of our team was destroyed," Blanton said.

"The [inauguration] platform was wrecked. There was broken glass and other debris. Sound systems and photography equipment was damaged beyond repair or stolen. Two historic Olmsted lanterns were ripped from the ground, and the wet blue paint was tracked all over the historic stone balustrades and Capitol building hallways."

In the Capitol building complex, historical statues, murals and furniture were damaged, mainly from pepper spray accretions and residue from chemical irritants and fire extinguishers, requiring expert cleaning and conservation. Work crews covered gaping holes with plywood and cleared "a small mountain of debris left behind on the west and east fronts," Blanton said.

https://www.npr.org/sections/insurrection-at-the-capitol/2021/02/24/970977612/architect-of-the-capitol-outlines-30-million-in-damages-from-pro-trump-riot

But uh tell me again about how Trump donated his $400k Presidential  paycheque. The damage that his mob of terrorists did to the Capitol alone means the taxpayer is still in the hole to the tune of-$28.4 million thanks to electing this retard, that’s before you even count the taxpayer money he and his cronies redirected to his businesses or wasted travelling back and forth to Florida on Air Force One practically every other day

On 2/24/2021 at 7:47 PM, OftenWrong said:

Using your logic, those people's mental health issues made them more likely to kill themselves even without COVID-19. 

On 2/24/2021 at 2:04 PM, BubberMiley said:

There’s a Biden tweet for everything!   We don’t need another war in the Middle East says Biden just a year and a half ago!  But actions against Iran make it more likely.  Does that still apply Joe?  In his defence he probably doesn’t remember tweeting it.

8 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

We all knew the bombs would start falling as soon as these warmongers stole the election. Perhaps this is even the reason it was stolen from the Republicans & Trump...so that the endless war for profit can continue.

Yep, wouldn't doubt it played a big part. "Follow the money."

On 2/24/2021 at 1:44 PM, Shady said:

And you guys instigated terrorism during the summer.  Nobody cared.  You people are just upset that some Republican voters have started using the same tactics as Democrats.  Too bad.  You reap what you sow.

Well at least you’re admitting the Republican terrorist problem. 

On the other hand, there’s no evidence to support that the looters/ rioters are registered voters who vote Democrat.   If there’s video of them shouting pro-Biden slogans the way the Trump Terrorists were chanting pro-Trump slogans please share. 

Edited by BeaverFever
  • Thanks 1