America under President Trump

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

No. You're responsible for substantiating your assertion.

The number of people who seem to imagine all roads inevitably lead to totalitarianism is getting really silly.

You could be of the same mentality that may not recognize a police state when you are in one.

Bit by bit, it's getting there.  More pervasive and invasive security,  monitored everywhere you go.  The amount of censorship on social media platforms.  It's a technocratic police state. Well that's the path we have been going down for 20+ years. One set of rules for the people who rule us, and another set of rules, they impose upon the rest of us.

Interesting that the FBI/CIA warrentless wiretapping of browser history was upheld by ONE vote.

1 hour ago, New World Disorder said:

Here is another thing that makes Trump look like a dolt.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-social-media-twitter-fact-check-1.5586285

Oh the irony.  It is really surprising to see a President not wanting to be fact checked! :D 

That would mean Trump would be directly involved in censorship.

Oh the irony, CTV talking about bias.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

You can bet his supporters will come even more unglued - look at the meltdown WCM had when Hannity's facts were checked for example.

Grow up eyeball. You should have just manned up and admitted that you were wrong once your "fact-checker" was proven to be complete bullshit, or tried to find something verifiable.

Instead you just gave up on that topic, and came here cry and pound your hapless little fists. 

12 minutes ago, Boges said:

To the morons that follow him, I'm sure this is how it seems. 

Boges you don't have room to look down on anyone based on their intelligence. Your track record for getting sucked in by idiotic conspiracy theories like Kavanaugh's horrific rape, Ukrainian collusion, Russian collusion, etc is utterly pathetic.  

11 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Boges you don't have room to look down on anyone based on their intelligence. Your track record for getting sucked in by idiotic conspiracy theories like Kavanaugh's horrific rape, Ukrainian collusion, Russian collusion, etc is utterly pathetic.  

Cite where I commented on Kavanaugh? I do think the whole Kavanaugh/Ford thing was a simply a Hail Mary pass to try and stop a Pro-Life Judge from being confirmed. It was a fruitless endeavour.

As for Ukraine and Russia, I'll happily have those debates and have. I never once thought those issues would actually have him removed from office. But those are just rabbit holes and digressions to debate them now. 

Trump has a long history of being a Grifter/Con-man. To think that he's now a populist every-man is hilarious. Everything he does it to stoke an Us vs Them mentality, facts be damned.

And, there's a faction that love him for it. 

Edited by Boges

37 minutes ago, Boges said:

Cite where I commented on Kavanaugh? I do think the whole Kavanaugh/Ford thing was a simply a Hail Mary pass to try and stop a Pro-Life Judge from being confirmed. It was a fruitless endeavour.

As for Ukraine and Russia, I'll happily have those debates and have. I never once thought those issues would actually have him removed from office. But those are just rabbit holes and digressions to debate them now. 

Trump has a long history of being a Grifter/Con-man. To think that he's now a populist every-man is hilarious. Everything he does it to stoke an Us vs Them mentality, facts be damned.

And, there's a faction that love him for it. 

FYI, everything is us vs them. Business is war. 

People who want to “fight for a better standard of living” but don’t care about international trade deals just don’t have a clue wtf they’re talking about. 

Eg, our government’s stance that Alberta oil needs to stay in the ground, and we can’t build a pipeline eastwards, and we will import everything we need from Saudi Arabia, but then they think we will somehow still have enough money to give everyone free everything and we will give billions of dollars to foreign countries...... that is just plain stupid. 

If you took all the brains from every Liberal MP they’d fit in a nutshell and rattle. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

FYI, everything is us vs them. Business is war. 

People who want to “fight for a better standard of living” but don’t care about international trade deals just don’t have a clue wtf they’re talking about. 

Eg, our government’s stance that Alberta oil needs to stay in the ground, and we can’t build a pipeline eastwards, and we will import everything we need from Saudi Arabia, but then they think we will somehow still have enough money to give everyone free everything and we will give billions of dollars to foreign countries...... that is just plain stupid. 

If you took all the brains from every Liberal MP they’d fit in a nutshell and rattle. 

OK so you've pivoted from Trump to Trudeau. I do not support Trudeau and concede his two-faced nature. 

Though I will also say that Alberta going All-In with Oil was a poor decision since they find themselves held hostage by BC or US politics to get their product to market. A product that is going to see declining demands going forward. 

BTW Trump's International Trade tiffs have done little to help the Life of the Little Guy. He's had to bail out farmer suffering from his Tariffs. 

Edited by Boges

1 hour ago, Boges said:

OK so you've pivoted from Trump to Trudeau. I do not support Trump and concede his two-faced nature. 

Though I will also say that Alberta going All-In with Oil was a poor decision since they find themselves held hostage by BC or US politics to get their product to market. A product that is going to see declining demands going forward. 

Trump has been a great President. That's all I care about, unless he has some actual crimes to speak of.

Alberta didn't go "all-in" with oil. They have as diverse an economy as any province. They just have that one industry that dwarfs ALL other industries in Canada. Oil makes up about 23% of Canada's exports, by dollar volume.

Idiots like E May think that Canada will be a world leader in manufacturing green technology, they have no god-damned clue what they're talking about. There's a reason why we don't make cell phones, computers, TVs, furnaces, kitchen appliances, etc, etc, etc, etc. Canadians want to make $30/hr, not $40/week. The main reason that we can afford to import all those things that I talked about is because we have a lot of exports.

Honestly, E May is so completely retarded that she makes Trudeau look like a mere idiot. 

BTW Trump's International Trade tiffs have done little to help the Life of the Little Guy. He's had to bail out farmer suffering from his Tariffs. 

You're gonna believe whatever you see on CNN, I'm not going to handhold you through every story that comes along Boges. If you don't know by now that they have absolutely no relationship with the truth whatsoever, you never will. 

Edited by WestCanMan

5 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Grow up eyeball. You should have just manned up and admitted that you were wrong once your "fact-checker" was proven to be complete bullshit, or tried to find something verifiable.

Instead you just gave up on that topic, and came here cry and pound your hapless little fists. 

So I take it Hannity hasn't won a Pulitzer?  Meanwhile anyone who says fact check and Trump in the same breath and look what it does to you...

5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

So I take it Hannity hasn't won a Pulitzer?  Meanwhile anyone who says fact check and Trump in the same breath and look what it does to you...

So you still don't have even one single fact to back you up yet you're running your mouth like you just won the heavyweight title lol. No surprise there.

Hint: on a site like this, videos are useful for things like proving that Obama said something when a fake fact checker says that he didn't. Like the one I posted earlier that proved your fact checker was in fact just bullshit, and made you look foolish. Again. 

Your video, whatever it is, is probably cute, but it has no bearing here. You're just sucking up bandwidth and wasting space on the server. Again. 

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

So you still don't have even one single fact to back you up yet you're running your mouth like you just won the heavyweight title lol. No surprise there.

Back what up? You seem to be running your mouth just off for the sake of hearing your own voice.

Hint: on a site like this, videos are useful for things like proving that Obama said something when a fake fact checker says that he didn't. Like the one I posted earlier that proved your fact checker was in fact just bullshit, and made you look foolish. Again. 

Your video, whatever it is, is probably cute, but it has no bearing here. You're just sucking up bandwidth and wasting space on the server. Again.

Really? Two posts and two links and you respond with page after page of post-it notes and string theories.

Edited by eyeball

43 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Back what up? You seem to be running your mouth just off for the sake of hearing your own voice.

Really? Two posts and two links and you respond with page after page of post-it notes and string theories.

Just because it's all over your head doesn't make it a string theory eyeball.

6 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Watching CTV News is like wading through knee-high crap. It’s sickening. 

So really the only source that isn't sickeningly biased to you is Fox or comparable conservative media. 

Which speaks to your extreme bias. 

It's a built in excuse for anything that interferes with your worldview. It's all a lie anyway.

21 hours ago, eyeball said:

The number of people who seem to imagine all roads inevitably lead to totalitarianism is getting really silly.

All political systems eventually decay to totalitarianism if left unguarded. That is what your deity Karl Marx said in the Communist Manifesto.

Maybe you should do a little more reading and thinking, and less stupid blabbing.

35 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. All political systems eventually decay to totalitarianism if left unguarded.
2. That is what your deity Karl Marx said in the Communist Manifesto.
3. Maybe you should do a little more reading and thinking, and less stupid blabbing.

1. Like the UK ?  I guess it depends on what 'unguarded' means, though.
2. I think that Marx believed in Democracy, but his version of it.
3. Agree 100%.  I will never post on here again !  :lol:

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Like the UK ?  I guess it depends on what 'unguarded' means, though.

Doesn't matter where. All. It's like the second law of thermodynamics applied to political science.

I will never post on here again !