America under President Trump

On 5/23/2020 at 2:30 AM, WestCanMan said:

This is just stupidity, or trolling, it’s not worthy of comment either way. 
If you haven’t noticed Trudeau’s dictatorial tendencies then there’s something wrong with you. Buying the MSM and instituting government regulation of social media were just a start for that piece of crap. 

The vote failed by one that would have killed the amendment that allows the intelligence services to wiretap your browser history without a warrant.

1 minute ago, New World Disorder said:

The vote failed by one that would have killed the amendment that allows the intelligence services to wiretap your browser history without a warrant.

Can you elaborate? I'm not sure what vote you're talking about.

Voter fraud.  Meaning it just seems to be part of the election cycle in the USA.  Sad really.

I totally believe you about the fraud, I just don't get the diebold reference.

I don't remember anything about it, if I ever even heard of it. 

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Can you elaborate? I'm not sure what vote you're talking about.

https://9to5mac.com/2020/05/14/access-your-browsing-history/

The US Senate yesterday voted – by a single vote – to allow government agencies like the FBI and CIA to access your browsing history without a warrant.

This means they would not need to show probable cause for believing you have committed a crime before requiring your ISP to hand over its records on your web browsing and search histories …

The Senate is being asked to reauthorize the Patriot Act, which gives government agencies powers to carry out mass electronic surveillance of US citizens. Three amendments were put forward, one of which would have prevented accessing web browsing history without a warrant.

This kind of stuff is happening everywhere.  Why?

3 hours ago, New World Disorder said:

I noticed we don't hear much about terrorism anymore. Very interesting.

I guess, the virus is the new "terrorist"  But then  even terrorists  are vulnerable to  this virus   

12 hours ago, Pacifica77 said:

I guess, the virus is the new "terrorist"  But then  even terrorists  are vulnerable to  this virus   

Even ISIS made a statement, that they scaled back operations because of the virus.  Seems odd for a terror group to be concerned about a virus. Thought they would use that to their advantage!

18 hours ago, New World Disorder said:

I noticed we don't hear much about terrorism anymore. Very interesting.

We call them "fighters" now, according to our PM, and they're pretty happy here right now.

Maybe they don't want to rock the boat while thinsg are going so well for them, but it might also have to do with the Trump factor down south. He has a habit of killing people at the top of the terrorist food chain instead of going after the little guys. 

What's the point of committing a terrorist attack if you're not allowed to brag about it lol? 

Mullahs were happy to tell young kids to strap explosives to themselves and go kill children at an Arianna Grande concert, but now it's not just the young terrorists who die, it's guys lie Sueimani and Al-Bhagdadi. 

55 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

We call them "fighters" now, according to our PM, and they're pretty happy here right now.

Maybe they don't want to rock the boat while thinsg are going so well for them, but it might also have to do with the Trump factor down south. He has a habit of killing people at the top of the terrorist food chain instead of going after the little guys. 

What's the point of committing a terrorist attack if you're not allowed to brag about it lol? 

Mullahs were happy to tell young kids to strap explosives to themselves and go kill children at an Arianna Grande concert, but now it's not just the young terrorists who die, it's guys lie Sueimani and Al-Bhagdadi. 

Since when would a suicide bomber be concerned about a virus?  And Trump has gone after the top guys as did previous POTUSs. And still they have not defeated terrorism.

3 hours ago, New World Disorder said:

Since when would a suicide bomber be concerned about a virus?  And Trump has gone after the top guys as did previous POTUSs. And still they have not defeated terrorism.

When I look back over the twenty years before Trump I recall lots of wars and lots of dead and wounded American soldiers. Not so under Trump. 

No one racked up high-level terrorists at the pace Trump is killing them off. Who's the top terrorist left on earth right now? I'll tell you exactly who - it's some guy who wants to remain nameless. 

Under Trump's watch American forces have killed Suleimani (Iran's top Quds General), Al-Baghdadi (leader of islamic state), Qassim al-Rimi (leader of Al Qaeda) and Bashir Mohamed Qorgab (leader ofAl Shabaab), for starters. That's the pinnacle of the leadership of the 4 largest terrorist orgs in the world.

This was all accomplished without starting any new wars. American forces have not racked up a large body count at all in the last 3 years, compared to how many high-level terrorists they killed. They've been gunning for the guys at the top of the list. That's Trump's MO and t's working.

Obama did not match Trump's pace in killing high-level terrorists at all. Between the Bushes and Clinton they got some high-level dictators killed but in the end the killing of Hussein and Khadafi (I don't remember exactly who and when) didn't pay huge dividends for America. The rise of islamic state is part of that. 

IMO before 2016 the ME was an incredibly massive military expense for the US, they earned themselves a lot of hatred and mistrust, they started shit that got blown way out of proportion, and their "successes" just seemed to create more terrorism. Trump doesn't have a Libya or Iraq situation to frown about. He doesn't have islamic state uprising on his hands, or a Benghazi. 

Trump's military legacy to this point is killing off islamic state in quick fashion, killing the 3 highest-ranking terrorists in the world plus Iran's top terrorist planner, and starting no new wars. 

What US President has as successful a military legacy as Trump? Eisenhower and JFK are the only ones with successes to match Trump (to be sure Ike and JFK's accomplishments dwarf Trump's), but they share the blame for the Bay of Pigs disaster. Trump doesn't have a Bay of Pigs yet. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

When I look back over the twenty years before Trump I recall lots of wars and lots of dead and wounded American soldiers. Not so under Trump. 

No one racked up high-level terrorists at the pace Trump is killing them off. Who's the top terrorist left on earth right now? I'll tell you exactly who - it's some guy who wants to remain nameless. 

Bush Jr cleared an entire deck and invaded two nations both on false pretenses, but I digress.

Under Trump's watch American forces have killed Suleimani (Iran's top Quds General), Al-Baghdadi (leader of islamic state), Qassim al-Rimi (leader of Al Qaeda) and Bashir Mohamed Qorgab (leader ofAl Shabaab), for starters. That's the pinnacle of the leadership of the 4 largest terrorist orgs in the world.

There is always someone to take their places. The cycle continues.

This was all accomplished without starting any new wars. American forces have not racked up a large body count at all in the last 3 years, compared to how many high-level terrorists they killed. They've been gunning for the guys at the top of the list. That's Trump's MO and t's working.

Obama did not match Trump's pace in killing high-level terrorists at all. Between the Bushes and Clinton they got some high-level dictators killed but in the end the killing of Hussein and Khadafi (I don't remember exactly who and when) didn't pay huge dividends for America. The rise of islamic state is part of that. 

IMO before 2016 the ME was an incredibly massive military expense for the US, they earned themselves a lot of hatred and mistrust, they started shit that got blown way out of proportion, and their "successes" just seemed to create more terrorism. Trump doesn't have a Libya or Iraq situation to frown about. He doesn't have islamic state uprising on his hands, or a Benghazi. 

Trump's military legacy to this point is killing off islamic state in quick fashion, killing the 3 highest-ranking terrorists in the world plus Iran's top terrorist planner, and starting no new wars. 

What US President has as successful a military legacy as Trump? Eisenhower and JFK are the only ones with successes to match Trump (to be sure Ike and JFK's accomplishments dwarf Trump's), but they share the blame for the Bay of Pigs disaster. Trump doesn't have a Bay of Pigs yet. 

You might be right about him not starting new wars, but he is continuing the ones from the last administration. Trump did not want to do anything regarding Syria, then the military told him to bomb some stuff, so he did.

45 minutes ago, New World Disorder said:

Bush Jr cleared an entire deck and invaded two nations both on false pretenses, but I digress.

Bush was a disaster of a Prez imo.

There is always someone to take their places. The cycle continues.

Kind of. But the brashness and the bravado of being a terrorist leader is gone now. 

I think that a terrorist org loses it's appeal when the leader wants to remain anonymous.

You might be right about him not starting new wars, but he is continuing the ones from the last administration. Trump did not want to do anything regarding Syria, then the military told him to bomb some stuff, so he did.

Trump ran on a campaign promise of freeing up his generals, and especially the commanders within the theatre of war, to make decisions themselves instead of always waiting for the "green light" from the WH itself. Trump said that he though they could eliminate islamic state in 3 months. Obama said Trump was crazy, and that it would take 5 years, but after just 3 months islamic state was already fractured into pockets of resistance, and those were all but gone after another 3 months. What makes you think that Trump didn't want to do anything regarding Syria? That's the exact opposite of literally everything that I ever heard about Trump/Syria.

13 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Bush was a disaster of a Prez imo.

Kind of. But the brashness and the bravado of being a terrorist leader is gone now. 

It was the media who glorified terrorists. Why?

I think that a terrorist org loses it's appeal when the leader wants to remain anonymous.

Yes , the US military needs an enemy they can see. So they can use that to scare people.

Trump ran on a campaign promise of freeing up his generals, and especially the commanders within the theatre of war, to make decisions themselves instead of always waiting for the "green light" from the WH itself. Trump said that he though they could eliminate islamic state in 3 months. Obama said Trump was crazy, and that it would take 5 years, but after just 3 months islamic state was already fractured into pockets of resistance, and those were all but gone after another 3 months. What makes you think that Trump didn't want to do anything regarding Syria? That's the exact opposite of literally everything that I ever heard about Trump/Syria.

Maybe Islamic State was never the global threat that the US made them out to be.  Ironic since the USA / Saudis created ISIS.

It was the media who glorified terrorists. Why?

Yes , the US military needs an enemy they can see. So they can use that to scare people.

Maybe Islamic State was never the global threat that the US made them out to be.  Ironic since the USA / Saudis created ISIS.

No one "glorified" terrorists.

Terrorists stand out like a sore thumb. They have a grievance against people who don't believe in their god so they kill as many women and children as they can. They're the pedophiles of the military world.

Just now, WestCanMan said:

No one "glorified" terrorists.

Terrorists stand out like a sore thumb. They have a grievance against people who don't believe in their god so they kill as many women and children as they can. They're the pedophiles of the military world.

Osama Bin Laden was a CIA asset.  Of course they glorified terrorists.

Here is another thing that makes Trump look like a dolt.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-social-media-twitter-fact-check-1.5586285

U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday threatened to regulate or shut down social media companies, one day after Twitter Inc. for the first time added a warning to some of his tweets prompting readers to fact-check the president's claims.

Trump, without offering any evidence, reiterated his accusations of political bias by such technology platforms, tweeting: "Republicans feel that Social Media Platforms totally silence conservatives voices. We will strongly regulate, or close them down, before we can ever allow this to happen."

He added: "Clean up your act, NOW!!!!"

Oh the irony.  It is really surprising to see a President not wanting to be fact checked! :D 

That would mean Trump would be directly involved in censorship.

14 minutes ago, New World Disorder said:

Here is another thing that makes Trump look like a dolt.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-social-media-twitter-fact-check-1.5586285

Oh the irony.  It is really surprising to see a President not wanting to be fact checked! :D 

That would mean Trump would be directly involved in censorship.

Trump fans new boogie man is China.

Oh the irony that he thinks he can regulate Social Media. If he did, it would look more like China than any representative democracy. 

I'm sure there are many countries that would love to host a large tech company like Twitter. 

It's astonishing that Fans of Trump can't see how nakedly obvious his motivations are. 

Edited by Boges

Just now, Boges said:

Trump fans new boogie man is China.

Oh the irony that he thinks he can regulate Social Media. If he did, it would look more like China than any representative democracy. 

I'm sure there are many countries that would love to host a large tech company like Twitter. 

It's astonishing that Fans of Trump can't see how nakedly obvious his motivations are. 

Well this eludes to Trump not believing in the First Amendment.

And you are right, our western nations are slowly being turned to the Chinese communist style government. The path just looks different in some nations but once you see it, it cannot be unseen. This is how people in the USA can complain about Canada, and vice versa, when we are both heading down slightly different paths, but eventually getting to the same destination.

Meaning it;s not going to end well for the people if they don't take things back.  But I believe the tipping point already happened, meaning we will never get it back.

16 minutes ago, New World Disorder said:

You can bet his supporters will come even more unglued - look at the meltdown WCM had when Hannity's facts were checked for example.