America under President Trump

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Oh, so now are you going to try and tell me that Trump has made your life great again? What a switch. Anyway go back a couple of posts and you will see it written there in one of your replies. 

3 minutes ago, taxme said:

It obviously worked for Obama too. He must have won the electoral college vote when he got the president's job. So, what's your point? I never can seem to get anything you say that makes any sense to me. You say things with no real backup of your own.  

The point is Obama got both in both his elections. 

5 minutes ago, taxme said:

Oh, so now are you going to try and tell me that Trump has made your life great again? What a switch. Anyway go back a couple of posts and you will see it written there in one of your replies. 

I'm certainly not about to waste time looking for words you put in my mouth.

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Oh, so now are you going to try and tell me that Trump has made your life great again?

Apparently, some Canadians believe that whatever happens in the U.S. has a significant impact on their lives...real or imagined.

So in that regard, "Trump's America" is not any different than any other U.S. president's "America".

Both Trudeaus told them to believe this, so it must be so.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Trump now says he may cancel press conferences and just hand out little written reports so he can manage some "accuracy" rather than having Pence say one thing while Trump is saying the opposite. Perhaps he can just rely totally on his tweeter feed.

9 minutes ago, Omni said:

Trump now says he may cancel press conferences and just hand out little written reports so he can manage some "accuracy" rather than having Pence say one thing while Trump is saying the opposite. Perhaps he can just rely totally on his tweeter feed.

Funny, I was just wondering this morning how much longer daily press briefings would last.   

Wonder what Pence thinks of Trump.

3 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Funny, I was just wondering this morning how much longer daily press briefings would last.   

Wonder what Pence thinks of Trump.

It must be a little unnerving having a boss who keeps pulling the rug out from under you. I imagine he must be getting a little gun shy as to people's perception of his credibility. I think I'd try to just hide in the office and let the boss do the talking...or tweeting as the case may be.  

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Yes, I have considered that, and I don't like it. I have no love for Israel or for the zionists that Trump has surrounded himself with. His son-in-law appears to be one of them. It is a rogue state that gets away with anything that it wants too. But like Ariel Sharon said one day in the Knessett many decades ago when asked by one of his team mates as to what will America say, he was told that not to worry about what America says, "we own them". So true indeed, and they also own Canada and Britain too. Ever consider that yourself? 

Isn't it great to have the internet? There is so much to read and learn about how the world works that was once all covered up when the mainstream fake and phony media was the only source of news in town. Now they have competition. Now that is freedom. 

Of course. The problem is that any lunatic, liar or idiot can create a web site and fill it with brainless lies and nonsense. So the task is figuring out which such sites should be ignored and which are reliable.

In all reality, the press briefings are becoming a joke.  The media members are all just trying to make a name for themselves by antagonizing Spicer.  I'd be interested in just how many times these people 2nd and 3rd guessed Obama's press secretaries.  Likely, not often. 

If there was even a hint of illegality in Trumps presidency, you know that the Dems would be impeaching.  For anyone to say that he's done impeachable offences, is way out there.  I bet the Impeachment papers are already drawn up and ready to go, just needing to find a crime to fill in the blank. 

12 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

If there was even a hint of illegality in Trumps presidency, you know that the Dems would be impeaching.  For anyone to say that he's done impeachable offences, is way out there.  I bet the Impeachment papers are already drawn up and ready to go, just needing to find a crime to fill in the blank. 

The Republicans hold both houses, no one gets impeached without their support.

13 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Obstruction of justice will fill that blank quite nicely

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Of course. The problem is that any lunatic, liar or idiot can create a web site and fill it with brainless lies and nonsense. So the task is figuring out which such sites should be ignored and which are reliable.

Exactly. That is why god gave us all brains. Some are able to use it, and some are not. I am happy to say that I am in the former. :) 

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

They should last just as long as daily press briefings by other world "leaders".   Pretty hard to find those.

Daily press briefings should now become one day a week briefings. That is all those useless liberal leftists media bums need. Give Spicer a break from the nut job liberal/leftist zio media. God only knows that Spicer needs that kind of a break. They can drive a man to drink. Maybe that is their prime aim? 

1 minute ago, taxme said:

Daily press briefings should now become one day a week briefings. That is all those useless liberal leftists media bums need. Give Spicer a break from the nut job liberal/leftist zio media. God only knows that Spicer needs that kind of a break. They can drive a man to drink. Maybe that is their prime aim? 

I agree....limit it to scheduled press conferences and maybe written briefings.   The media jackals are trying to attack Trump through Spicer.

Remember when Trump took them on by himself ?   It was spectacular !   But that is a waste of very limited POTUS's  time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Omni said:

Trump does prefer to tweet rather than have to waste his time having to talk to the leftist anti-Trump media. Trump uses twitter to get his message across to the American people. Trump has millions of followers on twitter. Live with it. 

40 minutes ago, Omni said:

Obstruction of justice will fill that blank quite nicely

He hasn't obstructed anything.  If there was anything to the Liberal driven rumours, the worst thing he could do would be to fire Comey.  

Just as an aside, if we're choosing pool picks for next director of the FBI, the smart money is on a woman.    

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I agree....limit it to scheduled press conferences and maybe written briefings.   The media jackals are trying to attack Trump through Spicer.

Remember when Trump took them on by himself ?   It was spectacular !   But that is a waste of very limited POTUS's  time.

No, poor Spicer is looking a bit silly in front of the press because the office he speaks for, can't seem get their stories straight. "Spectacular"? sounds like something Trump would say 18 times trying to convince somebody of something. But no I'd was more like hilarious.  

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Had he have been able to run again, Trump would still be in NY, not Washington. 

Thank god for two term limits only. America would not have survived and would be finished if that democratic fool became president again. I have no doubt that Trump would have crucified Obama if he were to have run against Trump. Trump crucified Hillary, didn't he, and she lost. Trump exposed her for what she was. Anti-American. 

5 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

He hasn't obstructed anything.  If there was anything to the Liberal driven rumours, the worst thing he could do would be to fire Comey.  

Just as an aside, if we're choosing pool picks for next director of the FBI, the smart money is on a woman.    

Firing Comey while he was in the midst of investigating Trump could quite easily be described as Obstruction. And then if the FBI does resume the investigation and finds evidence of collusion, then Trump is gone for treason. Pick your poison.