America under President Trump

13 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Hey, if you want to keep up with the BS and not discuss matters that are worthwhile, and throw out half-veiled pejoratives, if that's what makes your day, fill your boots.

Hey, you introduced media distraction with a pejorative context into the discussion not me.

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

What pejorative? If it was, it was not personal, not directed at you and not even intentional. Point it out please.

It was directed at the discussion.

On 10/15/2017 at 7:39 AM, OftenWrong said:

No they are busy watching SNL, and they think it's real. Nice easy media distraction that keeps liberals talking about useless things, time wasters.

Please point out how this is not pejorative in context, tone or intent.

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It was directed at the discussion.

Please point out how this is not pejorative in context, tone or intent.

I think it's inherently obvious that is not a pejorative. You seem to be looking for reasons to get offended. If that's all you've got, then absolutely nothing is wrong there. No need for me to point out whatever it is you want.

Tell you what fella, since I don't seem to get how this offends you, I invite you to elaborate why you find this offensive. I don't get what you're saying, but maybe you have a point. Let's hear it.

The larger issue to me is that this media "frenzy" is actually empowering the administration. If people think that's all there is to a presidency, that what we see and hear in the news is all there is, they are being foolish. We have people talking all day about what amounts to tabloid trash, and they don't even know what is being done in the real world because it is done behind the scenes. And I say if they really knew, they'd have some important issues to address and speak out about, to protect what is important to their cause. And that means your cause, fella. I hope you are not offended by this.

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I think it's inherently obvious that is not a pejorative. You seem to be looking for reasons to get offended. If that's all you've got, then absolutely nothing is wrong there. No need for me to point out whatever it is you want.

Tell you what fella, since I don't seem to get how this offends you, I invite you to elaborate why you find this offensive. I don't get what you're saying, but maybe you have a point. Let's hear it.

Its a distraction - that no hard-boiled right-wing conservative ever seems to avoid injecting into a discussion.    

The larger issue to me is that this media "frenzy" is actually empowering the administration. If people think that's all there is to a presidency, that what we see and hear in the news is all there is, they are being foolish. We have people talking all day about what amounts to tabloid trash, and they don't even know what is being done in the real world because it is done behind the scenes. And I say if they really knew, they'd have some important issues to address and speak out about, to protect what is important to their cause. And that means your cause, fella. I hope you are not offended by this.

I'm amused by this actually, that and your sense you're positioned near some moderate center.  What makes your distraction so hilarious is that you've used it to make some larger point about liberal distract-ability. Speaking of frenzied media do you watch a lot of Fox News by any chance?  I watch it at least once a day, for quality control :D  They're every bit as balanced and fair towards Trump as you are towards anyone outside the calm un-frenzied center of moderate wisdom you claim to inhabit.

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Its a distraction - that no hard-boiled right-wing conservative ever seems to avoid injecting into a discussion.    

I'm amused by this actually, that and your sense you're positioned near some moderate center.  What makes your distraction so hilarious is that you've used it to make some larger point about liberal distract-ability. Speaking of frenzied media do you watch a lot of Fox News by any chance?  I watch it at least once a day, for quality control :D  They're every bit as balanced and fair towards Trump as you are towards anyone outside the calm un-frenzied center of moderate wisdom you claim to inhabit.

So if you read what I said yesterday that got you all excited, I include the fact that partisans will not be swayed, on either side. So if you bring up the point like you did just now that the right is just as much in that pathetic game of talking about nonsense, I cannot disagree. Perhaps this agreement that, people are equally stupid everywhere gives you pleasing a sensation of fairness and equality. Good for you, fella. So what. In context of this discussion, it's a bigger problem for liberals when the current administration, right wing conservatives, are benefactors of that distraction. They don't want you to know what they're doing, and the fact people are having fits and seizures about Trump's clearly baited tweets if just fine by them.

Trust that you will not be offended by the above. And no, I don't watch Fox News. I used to watch CTV news, but they keep playing SNL skits in their program which I don't consider appropriate for news. I switched to CBC but the same thing is now happening. Why do I even mention this? Good question. Because it confirms what I said is also part of the problem - news media driven by the need for making profit transforms into info-tainment. The death of unbiased, responsible journalism. It's all a rich tapestry though, hey?

Kisses...

31 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

So if you bring up the point like you did just now that the right is just as much in that pathetic game of talking about nonsense, I cannot disagree.

No, they're in that game to a far deeper and greater extent.  In fact they started the art of a media driven frenzied discourse with an intent to distract at least 20 years ago back with the Limbaughs and Coulters of the world.

Perhaps this agreement that, people are equally stupid everywhere gives you pleasing a sensation of fairness and equality. Good for you, fella.

I doubt it, I'm still pretty convinced lefties and liberals are far less stupid than right-wingers....it's not even close.

So what. In context of this discussion, it's a bigger problem for liberals when the current administration, right wing conservatives, are benefactors of that distraction. They don't want you to know what they're doing, and the fact people are having fits and seizures about Trump's clearly baited tweets if just fine by them.

I don't know, I think its great that Trump is probably the worst thing that's happened to the Republican Party.  

Trust that you will not be offended by the above. And no, I don't watch Fox News. I used to watch CTV news, but they keep playing SNL skits in their program which I don't consider appropriate for news. I switched to CBC but the same thing is now happening. Why do I even mention this? Good question. Because it confirms what I said is also part of the problem - news media driven by the need for making profit transforms into info-tainment. The death of unbiased, responsible journalism. It's all a rich tapestry though, hey?

Kisses...

Not offended just a little put off with the kisses.

It is a tapestry I suppose but as I said I still think its the irresponsibility of readers that's more at issue and mostly right-wing readers by far and away.  Don't really care if you're offended by that.

4 soldiers get killed doing their duty in Africa, and Trump takes 12 days swinging a fucking golf club around  and not much else before he responds to the families. I'm not a big golf/war supporter, but I'd happilly take a club and make Donny boy dance the funky chicken for being so inconsiderate.  

I just hear now that Trump's "Travel Ban 3.0" has failed in the courts yet again. Don't have a link just yet but a judge in Hawaii smacked it down once again. Will Trump finally take the hint and perhaps get some guidance as to the constitution he is supposed to uphold? Probably not.

On 10/16/2017 at 12:33 PM, eyeball said:

You detest the swamp, have direct evidence of him mucking about it, but don't care.  And you admire Trump because you know where he stands.

You seem terribly confused or something. What am I missing here?

Nobody in Trump's business status is without conflicts of interest with government.  Only way to avoid that would be to limit the Presidency to people who have never accomplished anything significant and signed the FRONT side of a paycheque in their lives - Obama and the Klintons come rapidly to mind.  That last flirtation with little conflict of interest cost the American taxpayers more than all of the wars and previous Presidents COMBINED.

The Uniparty insiders have used their sphere of influence to turn the taxpayer into a piggybank for their privlieged buddies.  They have trampled MANY good businesses and people along the way.   I am intimately familiar with one very significant business that Obama swore to correct the wrongs for - and did diddly squat except protect those who cashed in on the screw job.   WITHOUT EVEN BEING APPROACHED, Trump's people sought the victims and are trying to fix the damage - and this long after the election was history.

(on edit) sorry, forgot to mention: the damage was done under Reagan, and there were a lot of people who should have ended up in jail that instead climbed to the top of political and government entities.

Edited by cannuck

16 hours ago, peoples advocate said:

You people are really funny you waste so much time talking about things that will only change when people change the way they think about government . They are all the same  , wake up

Well, one gives you health care, and the other takes it away. That's different.

26 minutes ago, peoples advocate said:

Every one has an angle . Do you honestly think and I mean honestly think if you take politics out of the equation that there is much difference ?

If  you take politics out of political parties? I have no idea what you're getting at.

14 minutes ago, Argus said:

If  you take politics out of political parties? I have no idea what you're getting at.

Have you no idea ? Well let me ask you a serious question ... Have you ever tried looking past what is right in front of you ? I ask everyone to look and forget parties just look at the people without being blinded by all the flash.

13 minutes ago, Argus said:

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎16 at 7:19 PM, Omni said:

I guess Trump wants to actually get something passed hence his ass kissing today with Mitch. McConnell and Bannon are now "great people" and great, great friends". How transparent was all that to anybody with an eye to see?

I really hope someday you will be able to see that both sides just might if they try ...get together and honestly put the people first.

Being a Canadian and you know we are a little different up here I have a question for all the great people of the U.S.A. and the question we ask is as follows

You are a great country with about 333,000,000 people good people for the most part , How is it that out of all these people you end up with a choice between two people like Trump and Clinton ?

6 hours ago, peoples advocate said:

....You are a great country with about 333,000,000 people good people for the most part , How is it that out of all these people you end up with a choice between two people like Trump and Clinton ?

Pretty much the same reasons the good people of Canada ended up with someone like Justin Trudeau.   

Money...media...politics...partisanship...Harper backlash.