America under President Trump

Just now, ?Impact said:

Have you read the declarations of succession from Texas, Georgia, South Carolina, and Mississippi where they wanted to maintain slavery? What about more recently (the 40's) where the Confederate flag became the symbol of the 'Dixiecrats' to promote segregation. In '62 it was raised over the Alabama Capitol to protest desegregation. The Confederate Flag is clearly a symbol of racism.

So what ?  The current American and Canadian flags are also "symbols of racism".   Why the double standard ?

Free speech rights applies to flags too, and I hope Trump's America remembers that.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

So what ?  The current American and Canadian flags are also "symbols of racism".   Why the double standard ?

Free speech rights applies to flags too, and I hope Trump's America remembers that.

Oh I wish I was in the Land of Cotton...

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Based on statements at confirmation hearings, Team Trump is ready to rock 'n roll on day one.  

The NAFTA letter is ready to go for Canada and Mexico.   

President Trump will need a water-cooled pen for executive orders and new bills.

I agree...it will be a hit the ground running affair...results are anticipated...and expected!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdakKZ4y3Kk

Edited by DogOnPorch

15 hours ago, taxme said:

Trump is not well liked here by most of the sheeple here in Canada either. They have been listening too much to the fake and phony American and Canadian liberal media propaganda who have convinced the shepple that Trump is the big bad bogeyman.  

By 'sheeple' I guess you're referring to those who can count past ten without taking off their socks?

The 'news sources' you cite are not news sources. They are crazy people making wild, nonsensical claims and conspiracy allegations with zero evidence to back them up. They are kooks.

Edited by Argus

13 hours ago, taxme said:

Off topic alright. Just go to Youtube, and there you will get many opinions and websites to go to as their are many who do not believe that planes brought down the Towers or did the damage to the Pentagon.

Yes, there are a lot of screwballs and insane people on youtube. You can find any opinion you want there. That doesn't make it a news source. It makes it a lunatic asylum.

34 minutes ago, Argus said:

Yes, there are a lot of screwballs and insane people on youtube. You can find any opinion you want there. That doesn't make it a news source. It makes it a lunatic asylum.

It's the same old, same old from people like you. Anyone that you do not agree with, and has a different opinion and point of view to yours well they just have to be a bunch of screwballs or lunatics. So much for trying to debate with a person like you. Try and remember that not all things posted on youtube is all lies. Hello. :D 

46 minutes ago, Argus said:

By 'sheeple' I guess you're referring to those who can count past ten without taking off their socks?

The 'news sources' you site are not news sources. They are crazy people making wild, nonsensical claims and conspiracy allegations with zero evidence to back them up. They are kooks.

The sheeple that I am referring too are the ones who don't take the time to bother to check out as to what is being told to them. The ones that listen to the main scream media all the time and will take for granted that what is being said has to be the truth. They cannot or will not believe that a politician or the media would lie to them. And thanks to Trump that fake and phony main scream media and politically correct politicians have now been exposed to them that they can and do lie and pretty much so all the time. But hey. 

Let's keep it on Trump and not 9/11 theories.

If you don't trust a source someone else is using, see the post in Support on how to address that.  You will get better discussion by using a source that is widely accepted - that way, you won't end up stuck talking about validity of your source.

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

I agree...it will be a hit the ground running affair...results are anticipated...and expected!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdakKZ4y3Kk

Not a very multicultural looking bunch in those days. I wonder if that is what Americans mean today when they say that those days were the good old days? I know that in Canada those days were the good old days. Aw well. 

11 minutes ago, taxme said:

Not a very multicultural looking bunch in those days. I wonder if that is what Americans mean today when they say that those days were the good old days? I know that in Canada those days were the good old days. Aw well. 

From the movie Tin Pan Alley...great tune...Alice Faye.

I like yourself am old enough to recall American exceptionalism without it being a bad thing. Moonshots were real.

I suppose, ultimately, it was the continuing FAILED war in Indochina that put an end to the party. Wanting to dial-back to 1964 isn't such a bad idea...conceptually. Perhaps that's the America we need...just after the Edmund Pettus Bridge....but before Bien Hoa which started American commitment to a ground war. That's a tight target for even Dr Who...lol.

13 hours ago, Omni said:

Who in their right mind, would not be concerned about our major trading partner being taken over by a racist, misogynist, xenophobe? Unless your one of a kind.

It would appear as though all the Americans that voted for the Donald didn't seem to have a problem with what Trump has done or said in the past. Of course they all have learned by now that most of what the American media says is mostly all lies or they take things out of context. And the applies to the Canadian media also. Shocking. 

This is kind of off topic BUT, u know how word is Trump is having trouble getting entertainment, one Band he should ask are the Mavericks, so they could sing their song  "All you ever do is bring me down" and say to all the non-supporters this is your song.                                                                         

30 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

From the movie Tin Pan Alley...great tune...Alice Faye.

I like yourself am old enough to recall American exceptionalism without it being a bad thing. Moonshots were real.

I suppose, ultimately, it was the continuing FAILED war in Indochina that put an end to the party. Wanting to dial-back to 1964 isn't such a bad idea...conceptually. Perhaps that's the America we need...just after the Edmund Pettus Bridge....but before Bien Hoa which started American commitment to a ground war. That's a tight target for even Dr Who...lol.

The good old WASP days are pretty much gone along with it's past culture and traditions which are being attacked every day by the anti-WASP establishment. Canada is now being resettled by a new batch of immigrant settlers that are coming from lands that have nothing in common with Canada and it's present day way of life and values. It would be nice if we could dial back to 1964 but I kind of doubt that will happen. Most Canadians are not all that much interested in trying to hang on to their past/present Canadian culture.

Sad indeed.   

17 hours ago, Omni said:

Anyway, he goes into the Oval Office with the lowest approval rating of any president in the history of the world.

So what?  He isn't even Prez yet.. :lol:

Talk later.....after his first term.

Edited by betsy

Just now, betsy said:

What was the promise?  How are they duped?

He promised to bring jobs back to the US. (even though his products are made in either China or Mexico) so right off the bat that should tell you something unless you're totally naive. We shall see if/how they get duped. 

2 minutes ago, betsy said:

So what?  He isn't even Prez yet.. :lol:

Talk later.....after his first term.

Um, that's kind of what not having arrived at the WH yet means. But check history, you'll find there is usually a sort of "honeymoon" after a president is elected. Not this time.