Why is criticizm of Israel considered Anti-semitism?

You have made yet another allegation. You going to back this one up? To date you have provided not one post where someone called someone an anti semite simply because they criticized Israel. You've been given repeated chances to back up that allegation and you can't. What you have done though, is to continue to keep making that allegation about my words and now Bonham's without any proof.

The sheer volume of your allegations and inability to prove them at this point expose your tactics, lack ofg integrity and veracity.

You are quick to slur but you can't back it up.

Actually with each post you make, that backs up the notion in my OP.

In your view any criticism of Israel is nothing more than veiled anti-semitism.

Maybe you can clarify that up some for me?

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your position, while technically accurate, is silly. It's like making a thing out of saying black people are not actually black. No, they're not. But when we talk about blacks we know who we're describing and so do they. White people are not actually white either, btw, for you PC stormtroopers.

Let's speak accurately. Arabs are Semites. Opposition to Arabs is anti-semitism.

History says exactly that. Both Jews and Arabs are Semites, whether or not Wilhelm Marr agrees.

What you do not grasp is that Wilhelm Marr...a German...put the word 'antisemitism' in the dictionary. Hatred of Jews...not Muslims or Arabs.

Edited by DogOnPorch

Let's speak accurately. Arabs are Semites. Opposition to Arabs is anti-semitism.

Much of the population of Israel traces its roots to those Jewish SEMITES who were expelled from so-called Islamic lands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_exodus_from_Arab_and_Muslim_countries

More than the number of actual Muslim Arab refugees who fled the 1948 War.

Islam is a religion. Before Islam's rise in the 7th century after Christ (700 years), many Arabs were of the Christian religion or 'pagan'.

Edited by DogOnPorch

What you do not grasp is that Wilhelm Marr...a German...put the word 'antisemitism' in the dictionary. Hatred of Jews...not Muslims or Arabs.

No the Greeks and the Semites put it in the dictionary by providing both parts of the word.

Edited by G Huxley

Much of the population of Israel traces its roots to those Jewish SEMITES who were expelled from so-called Islamic lands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_exodus_from_Arab_and_Muslim_countries

More than the number of actual Muslim Arab refugees who fled the 1948 War.

Islam is a religion. Before Islam's rise in the 7th century after Christ (700 years), many Arabs were of the Christian religion or 'pagan'.

So what you're saying is that the most anti-Semitic people are Semites themselves? Well OK, not particularly surprised there.

There is no anti-Arab movement out there. There's an awful lot of people who don't like Jews, though, including on this web site.

There is no anti-Arab movement out there. There's an awful lot of people who don't like Jews, though, including on this web site.

There are a lot that don't like Muslims, including many on this site .. how does this all fit in with my OP? Why do you think you actually made a good point by that statement?

There are a lot that don't like Muslims, including many on this site .. how does this all fit in with my OP? Why do you think you actually made a good point by that statement?

First, because he's trying to suggest we shouldn't use the term 'antisemitism' because somehow or other, technically, it's not accurate in describing dislike of Jews. It's a spurious argument.

Second, dislike of Muslims is mostly based on dislike of expressed Muslim beliefs and behaviours. Dislike of Jews is mostly based on pure bigotry without anything but ravings about Jews controlling the media or Jews controlling the international Financial industry or some worldwide Jewish conspiracy, or paranoid nonsense like that.

First, because he's trying to suggest we shouldn't use the term 'antisemitism' because somehow or other, technically, it's not accurate in describing dislike of Jews. It's a spurious argument.

Second, dislike of Muslims is mostly based on dislike of expressed Muslim beliefs and behaviours. Dislike of Jews is mostly based on pure bigotry without anything but ravings about Jews controlling the media or Jews controlling the international Financial industry or some worldwide Jewish conspiracy, or paranoid nonsense like that.

So I can complain about Muslims (no specific country in mind), because they have a track record, but I cannot complain about Israel (only Jewish nation) without sounding like a bigot?

Thanks that seems like another point that proves my notions in the OP of this thread.

So what you're saying is that the most anti-Semitic people are Semites themselves? Well OK, not particularly surprised there.

Islam is, in-fact, a religion and not a skin colour or 'race' of people.

So I can complain about Muslims (no specific country in mind), because they have a track record, but I cannot complain about Israel (only Jewish nation) without sounding like a bigot?

Thanks that seems like another point that proves my notions in the OP of this thread.

That's about it exactly.

The crux of this thread is to determine why criticism of Israel is viewed as anti-semetic. No matter what the criticism is, this is the usual 'go to' bit in order to shout down and shut down critical views that have total merit in their opposition to some of the things Israel does?

Now this thread is not about WHAT Israel has done. We've beaten the crap out of that dead horse before it was even born. I want to deal specifically with the notion that ANY criticism is viewed as anti-semitism.

I thought it would be better to create a new thread for this specific topic. Trolls, ranters, idiots, partisans and the ilk need not participate.

The simple answer is the double standard. We are watching Syria tear itself apart, and the U.S. President is agitating for Israel to give the Golan back to Syria, before it's evenclear to whom it's being returned. I have posted endlessly on the double-standard before. There is little or no pressure on Russia to stand down from its occupation of the Crimea or invasion of Ukraine. There is little pressure on Russia to return the Kurile Islands to Japan or for China to give Tibetans self-determination.

Israel was established in 1948 and the surrounding countries attacked immediately. Once Israel was no longer reeling and counterattacked, guess who got stopped from further advances. Israel was penned within an indefensibly narrow area. So when the 1967 War was provoked by the Arabs, were they really going to cede back territory in the absence of peace? Hint, they returned territory to Egypt when peace was offered.

The double standard is amazing.

The simple answer is the double standard. We are watching Syria tear itself apart, and the U.S. President is agitating for Israel to give the Golan back to Syria, before it's evenclear to whom it's being returned. I have posted endlessly on the double-standard before. There is little or no pressure on Russia to stand down from its occupation of the Crimea or invasion of Ukraine. There is little pressure on Russia to return the Kurile Islands to Japan or for China to give Tibetans self-determination.

Israel was established in 1948 and the surrounding countries attacked immediately. Once Israel was no longer reeling and counterattacked, guess who got stopped from further advances. Israel was penned within an indefensibly narrow area. So when the 1967 War was provoked by the Arabs, were they really going to cede back territory in the absence of peace? Hint, they returned territory to Egypt when peace was offered.

The double standard is amazing.

The thread deals with the notion of criticism of Israel being treated as anti-semitism... Most of your post has nothing to do with the OP.

You still have not made your point. You have yet to provide one example of a post on this forum where someone accused someone of being an anti semite only because they criticized an Israeli government policy.

The very premises of your thread you can't prove. To date you haven't had the integrity to be able to provide one example because you can't but you have the intellectual dishonesty to keep repeating the false accusation over and over.

This thread died the moment you couldn't provide your point. Since then all you've done is hide from the fact you cant finish the accusation you started by making pathetic lame comments such as the above to detract from your failed thread.

Edited by Rue

The thread deals with the notion of criticism of Israel being treated as anti-semitism... Most of your post has nothing to do with the OP.

The above makes no grammatical sense. This thread was started because you made the sweeping accusation that defenders of Israel call anyone who criticizes Israeli government policies an anti semite. I've called you out for refusing to prove your accusation but cntinung to repeat it.

For me,, you are a sad liar because you can't t provide one example for your accusation, not one...yet yu deliberately chose to keep repeating the false allegation.

Nothing you have contributed on this op has proven your accusation and its time for you to have the integrity to admit you can't back up your accusation,

Edited by Rue

The above makes no grammatical sense. This thread was started because you made the sweeping accusation that defenders of Israel call anyone who criticizes Israeli government policies an anti semite. I've called you out for refusing to prove your accusation but cntinung to repeat it.

Wrong. The thread topic is that all criticism is viewed as anti-semitism. I don't know how many times I need to point that out. Also I made no accusations as to who in my OP, just that it happens.

Each time you post, you help prove my point. Thanks.

You seem to be fairly determined to ignore whatever anyone says when they don't agree with you on this subject. Everyone involved has agreed many times that you certainly can criticize Israel without being an anti-Semite. What we are pointing out is the tone and persistent nature of such criticism combined with an absence of similar criticism of other countries, even, in some cases, active defense of those other countries which have far worse human rights abuses.

All Islamic people must learn Arabic.

That is a ridiculous statement which has no basis in reality. You seem really determined to do away with the very term 'antisemitism' and I have to wonder about your motivation here.

Edited by Argus

The very premises of your thread you can't prove.

He has proved it. Argus, PIK, Shady, jbg and yourself have demonstrated what Ghost is saying with the generic reactionary examples of how Zionist apologists flash the anti-semite card when there is criticism of the Zionist ideology and the actions of Israel.