Syrian refugees coming to Canada.

taxme

I think our guilt meter is set at 25,000 at the moment. Harper's guilt meter was only at 10,000. That rate jumped to 25,000 with the photo of the dead child and Harper was too slow to react so he was ousted. Every now and then a news story pops up and it increases a little. One more displeasing photo could bump our guilt level to 50,000.

You think that's what got Harper ousted? Oh no, the die was cast long before that.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think our guilt meter is set at 25,000 at the moment. Harper's guilt meter was only at 10,000. That rate jumped to 25,000 with the photo of the dead child and Harper was too slow to react so he was ousted. Every now and then a news story pops up and it increases a little. One more displeasing photo could bump our guilt level to 50,000.

So, if that is all Canadians were concerned about during the election was the plight of Syrian refugees, it is no wonder Canada is in trouble and deep in debt. Canada and Canadians have plenty of problems to concern themselves with. Refugees should be the last thing on their minds.

Of course the media party(Global/CTV/CBC)made a big deal out of it, and as usual the people listen to them, and believe what they say as always gospel. I have learned over the years that when the media goes crazy on something, it is best to go in the opposite direction from where they want to take you.

So, if that is all Canadians were concerned about during the election was the plight of Syrian refugees, it is no wonder Canada is in trouble and deep in debt. Canada and Canadians have plenty of problems to concern themselves with. Refugees should be the last thing on their minds.

Of course the media party(Global/CTV/CBC)made a big deal out of it, and as usual the people listen to them, and believe what they say as always gospel. I have learned over the years that when the media goes crazy on something, it is best to go in the opposite direction from where they want to take you.

Um, the country was already well into debt a long time before the election. And this country was built by immigrants so there is good reason for refugees not to be the last thing on our minds.

Um, the country was already well into debt a long time before the election. And this country was built by immigrants so there is good reason for refugees not to be the last thing on our minds.

The first thing that should be on Canadians minds is where and how their tax dollars are being spent or blown is probably more like it. Our politicians throw billions of tax dollars down the drain every year, and there seems to be no concern with the taxpayer's about this in this country. I could save this country billions of tax dollars every year, and put thousands of tax dollars back in the we the peoples pockets. But I doubt anyone would ever listen to me anyway because when it comes down to it, nobody wants to listen, and nobody really cares. I guess refugees are more important. :rolleyes:

The first thing that should be on Canadians minds is where and how their tax dollars are being spent or blown is probably more like it. Our politicians throw billions of tax dollars down the drain every year, and there seems to be no concern with the taxpayer's about this in this country. I could save this country billions of tax dollars every year, and put thousands of tax dollars back in the we the peoples pockets. But I doubt anyone would ever listen to me anyway because when it comes down to it, nobody wants to listen, and nobody really cares. I guess refugees are more important. :rolleyes:

The first things on most peoples minds are their families, their jobs, their education, in other words their day to day living. We elect governments to worry about things like how to spend the tax dollars. When we don't like what they are doing, we throw them out and elect a new one. Like we just did with Harper.

The first things on most peoples minds are their families, their jobs, their education, in other words their day to day living. We elect governments to worry about things like how to spend the tax dollars. When we don't like what they are doing, we throw them out and elect a new one. Like we just did with Harper.

We have been electing governments for decades that do not seem to care as to where or how they are spending our hard-earned tax dollars. We the people are totally oblivious and they just don't seem to care as to where or how their tax dollars are being blown. Billions of tax dollars are wasted every year and no one seems to care. We see today that by allowing our governments to worry about things like how to spend our tax dollars has got this country in the deep debt that it is in. Maybe you don't care as to how your tax dollars are being blown but I certainly do. Politicians think that it is their money to blow, and the taxpayer can go take a hike. Well that doesn't work for me. It's my money too, and I want a say. That works for me.

We have been electing governments for decades that do not seem to care as to where or how they are spending our hard-earned tax dollars. We the people are totally oblivious and they just don't seem to care as to where or how their tax dollars are being blown. Billions of tax dollars are wasted every year and no one seems to care. We see today that by allowing our governments to worry about things like how to spend our tax dollars has got this country in the deep debt that it is in. Maybe you don't care as to how your tax dollars are being blown but I certainly do. Politicians think that it is their money to blow, and the taxpayer can go take a hike. Well that doesn't work for me. It's my money too, and I want a say. That works for me.

Writing a letter to your MP would be a good place to start then.

This is nonsense, of course. Most of this country's geographical territory is arctic tundra. That's why almost all us live in a narrow strip within 100 miles of the US border. The more people who come here, the more crowded and polluted that narrow strip is. You may think Pakistan and Bangladesh are wonderful places to live because of their large populations but most of us would disagree.

No this is nonsense. Even if you exclude the arctic territories and only the areas where is already populated still Canada includes a large area. Add Southern and Eastern Ontario (From Windsor to Ottawa) and southern Quebec (from Montreal to Quebec city) and parts of Northern Ontario (Ottawa to Sudbury to Thunder bay) and all of Nova Scotia and New Brunswick and Southern Manitoba and south and Central Saskatchewan (where Regina and Saskatoon are), the Southern and Central parts of Alberta from Calgary to Edmonton and the interior BC and the Coastal areas of BC (where Vancouver is the we still have a vast area which can be populated and area-wise it is 10 to 15 times larger than Pakistan or Bangladesh.

At reduced population of 12 million as someone suggested we will have a lot of empty houses, falling housing prices (a crash is more like it) reduced wealth, plenty of resources but unable to extract and export because of lack of human resources and an aging population unable to support (because we will have no younger working citizens to pay taxes or contribute to pensions) and a reduced country geopolitically and economically. While I agree earth population must be controlled but we share the same planet and cannot simply isolate ourselves.

Sometimes I scratch my head unable to believe my eyes reading what I read when I am reading some posts and some counter arguments calling my post nonsense with either false statement or totally invalid ultra nonsense comments!!!!!!!!!.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Politicians think that it is their money to blow, and the taxpayer can go take a hike. Well that doesn't work for me. It's my money too, and I want a say. That works for me.

did you vote... did you exercise your franchise? That's your say. The new sheriff in town's federal party has determined that continuing Canada's humanitarian focused tradition in accepting profiled refugees is a worthy undertaking... they got enough 'says' in the last election.

Writing a letter to your MP would be a good place to start then.

Yup, they sure will listen to me alright. Writing a letter to my MP will just get me a nice polite cuddly letter saying that we will be looking into this in the near future and see what can be done. And that my friend will be the end of it. It would have been all just an exercise in futility and a waste of time and effort and paper. I for one will never support the Liberals ever and that should seal my fate of having any chance of me getting heard by the party.

Anyway, one has to be a big donor to a political party to get heard.

did you vote... did you exercise your franchise? That's your say. The new sheriff in town's federal party has determined that continuing Canada's humanitarian focused tradition in accepting profiled refugees is a worthy undertaking... they got enough 'says' in the last election.

No, because my vote does not matter. Only the elite of any party and who donates lots of moola to any political party will get heard. Refugees have cost the Canadian taxpayer's billions over the past decades, and the majority of it has all gone down the drain. Refugees mostly end up contributing nothing but instead most end up on welfare. It's a farce told to we the people by the politically correct multicultural politicians that all immigration has been a good thing for Canada. It has not. In plenty of cases it has been a disaster. Canada needs a moratorium on immigration for at least five years until we can get all Canadians back to work. Works for me.

70% of Canadian want the refugees number stopped at 25000, the liberals want to bring in up to 50gs. And now the feds are talking about blanket health care for all , except Canadians.

True. Health care which includes access to medications, emergency dental care and vision care none of which is available to low income Canadians without a benefit plan.

Meanwhile, in Finland many are returning due to homesickness and lack of jobs.

That depends on the province and the income.

I doubt that.

Thursday’s announcement means refugees and asylum seekers in Canada will all have access to basic health care similar to provincial health-care insurance, as well as supplemental services such as vision and urgent dental care and prescription drugs that are available to Canadians on government assistance.

http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2016/02/18/ottawa-to-restore-and-expand-health-care-for-refugees.html

Refugee claimants will receive access to health care services above that provided by the majority of tax paying Canadians. As I understand, bogus refugee claimants (Randy Quaid is a prime example) will continue to have access to the enhanced health care benefits until all their appeals for acceptance have been heard. This will not sit well with many Canadians.

I doubt that.

http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2016/02/18/ottawa-to-restore-and-expand-health-care-for-refugees.html

Refugee claimants will receive access to health care services above that provided by the majority of tax paying Canadians.

Right, as do welfare recipients and very low income residents, like I said.

It’s a giant screw up, rushed with little thought about the consequences. Support services are inadequate, insufficient resources, 16 month wait for federally funded language and of course no jobs. This is just the beginning, wait until they’ve brought in 50K refugees.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/syrian-refugees-feel-trapped-1.3453830

I hope they bring in 500,000 myself...

...for starters.

Well, we saw how well bringing a million migrants into a country the size of Germany has worked out. If we bring a half-million into Canada, expect the biggest beneficiaries will be those who sell bear repellent spray.

-k

I hope they bring in 500,000 myself...

...for starters.

If the Liberals get their way, they will probably want to bring in 5 million. All votes that they will be relying on once those criminal refugees start to vote. Besides we already take in approx. 300,000 to 400,000 thousand new legal and illegal immigrants every year. So cheer up, your wish has already come close to being true.

It’s a giant screw up, rushed with little thought about the consequences. Support services are inadequate, insufficient resources, 16 month wait for federally funded language and of course no jobs. This is just the beginning, wait until they’ve brought in 50K refugees.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/syrian-refugees-feel-trapped-1.3453830

Politicians don't care, it's not their money they are wasting. Instead of asking we the people as to what should be done, they prefer to say screw the people, this is how things will be done. They always seem to feel that they know what is best for us. :lol: