Donald vs Hillary

Who will American voters choose: Clinton or Trump?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mitt Romney and John McCain:

“Hitting on married women? Condoning assault? Such vile degradations demean our wives and daughters and corrupt America's face to the world,” Mitt Romney, the party’s last GOP presidential nominee, wrote on Twitter. And Arizona Sen. John McCain, the 2008 nominee, said Trump could have no excuse: "No woman should ever be victimized by this kind of inappropriate behavior. He alone bears the burden of his conduct and alone should suffer the consequences.”

Article also mentions more Republicans asking for Trump to be replaced. It's apparently no longer possible. Republicans are in full panic right now, turning against Trump and worried that he's costing them not just the White House but down-ballot races as well.

-k

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, kimmy said:

Not sure if you've heard, but there are some who are convinced that calling Rosie O'Donnell fat is the extent of Trump's misogyny.

The contents of Clinton's Goldman-Sachs speech might have mattered if she was still running against Bernie Sanders... but running against a guy like Trump?  "Hillary's soft on Wall Street! Better vote for the guy who wants to completely deregulate Wall Street!"   And if it was a different news day, maybe it would be getting more press. But right now, Hillary could shoot somebody in the streets and it wouldn't matter because the Trump thing is going nuclear.

Aside from Paul Ryan publicly blasting him and dumping him from their event (Mike Pence will attend instead) there is a long list of Republicans now blasting Trump, many withdrawing their support, and some even calling for him to step down and let the party choose an emergency replacement.

Republicans denouncing Trump include Paul Ryan, RNC chairman Rince Priebus, , Senate leader Mitch McConnell, Sen Kelly Ayotte, Sen Ted Cruz, Sen Ron Johnson, Rep Jeff Flake, Sen Richard Burr, and "low energy" Jeb Bush are among those denouncing Trump.

House Oversight Committee chairman Rep Jason Chaffetz, Utah governor Gary Herbert are among those saying they can no longer support Trump.

Republican senators Mike Lee and Mark Kirk both want him to step down. Mark Kirk called him "a malignant clown" and "unfit to be president".  Former Republican primaries candidate Jon Huntsman also said that Trump should step down.

-k

I had a wonderfully written response, full of links and all sorts of shit.........then my laptop froze.....Reader Digest:

-Trump has been accused of far worse in the 80s and early 90s during his first divorce....as I said, one would have to be either too young or living under a rock to not know this

-As I said, Trump has been able to embrace his record with the "system and Wall Street"....Clinton continues to run away from her record and ties, post Sanders......in the recent Wiki dump, Clinton said only those on Wall Street could fix the system......ergo, if Trump is apart of Wall Street, he is the only one that can "fix it"

-The best possible outcome now, absent Hillary being further torpedoed by Wikileaks (or bumped off by a nut), is for Trump to go full nuclear on Clinton in the Sunday debate, slinging every ounce of crap he can at her, getting her to further lie in her defense and go down to his level, keeping her off message (well forcing a conversation over the various allegations afterwards)....... then Monday morning "resign" from the race citing family reasons......with Mike Pence moving to the top of the ticket and Paul Ryan filling in on the bottom.....and Trump leaving politics, never having lost a race and setting uuuuuge records in turnout.....then getting another reality show.

Trumps kids have to know that its getting to the point that post election, assuming he gets waxed, they could do very serious damage (more then has already been done) to the Trump brand.....   

3 hours ago, Derek 2.0 said:

-The best possible outcome now, absent Hillary being further torpedoed by Wikileaks (or bumped off by a nut), is for Trump ...

What a horrible, "deplorable," thing to write. 

7 hours ago, Derek 2.0 said:

No.....why? 

Because your argument about Trump is stupid. The guy openly admitted to sexually assaulting women. It's so appalling that Republicans themselves are denouncing him. But here you are, defending him by saying he hasn't been convicted of a crime. 

The thing about Trump is even his apology is a lie: "I've never said I'm a perfect person, nor pretended to be someone that I'm not." 

Why, yes he has done both those things - on Twitter and posing as a publicist to brag about himself. 

7 hours ago, kimmy said:

Mitt Romney and John McCain:

Article also mentions more Republicans asking for Trump to be replaced. It's apparently no longer possible. Republicans are in full panic right now, turning against Trump and worried that he's costing them not just the White House but down-ballot races as well.

-k

The only Republicans that are in a panic are the ones that stand to lose a lot if Trump becomes President. Those Republicans are most likely on the payroll of the globalist elites, and who want Trump out. The problem is that it is the people who are talking now, and they want Trump in. The people have nothing to lose by Trump becoming President, it is the warmongering politicians who support the globalist elite who will lose. Who cares about them anymore. They never did give a dam about America anyway. More money and more power is their only concern. The "we the people" never meant anything to them. There could be a lot of people jumping out of windows if Trump becomes President. Oh my.  Smile.

6 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

He bragged about sexually assaulting women and they got it on tape. Just let that sink in a minute.

Obviously you are not a man or if you are you than you must know by now  that many men do brag a lot about some of their attempts or conquests with some women. Why should Trump be any different? With the fake media it is all about trying to get Trump on something. That's all. Besides, there have been many politicians in the past and present who have done the same thing has Trump is suppose to have done. Nothing new here. Does Bill Clinton and his sexual exploits come to mind? Trump is only human and a man just like so many other men out there. I am pretty sure that if the fake media tried hard they would find many more politicians who have had put their hands or have said things where they should not have. Just let that sink in for a minute. 

The fake media are at it again. Today on the BCTV news they are once again at it and showing their bias against Trump. Now it is all about some things he has said and he has done with or too women that is oh so not nice. I mean when will this end. Every week they come up with something negative about Trump. The globalist elite and their control of the fake media will just not give up with their constant attacks and their showing of just how much they despise Trump. I guess that when some see their butts on the line, I guess some will do anything to try and survive. Aw well.

Source: BC Global news 10/8/2016

Edited by taxme

20 minutes ago, taxme said:

Obviously you are not a man or if you are you than you must know by now  that many men do brag a lot about some of their attempts or conquests with some women. Why should Trump be any different? With the fake media it is all about trying to get Trump on something. 

I've been in lots of locker rooms but I don't recall anyone bragging about sexually assaulting people. You must run in different circles than I do.

6 hours ago, Derek 2.0 said:

-Trump has been accused of far worse in the 80s and early 90s during his first divorce....as I said, one would have to be either too young or living under a rock to not know this

Maybe he's been accused of worse, but this is the first time people have heard those words come out of his mouth. Perhaps some people have been able to rationalize that his inability to stay faithful is just a quirk, maybe they even admire his manliness. Bill Clinton and JFK and Rudy Giuliani and Newt Gingrich and many others are famed womanizers, so Trump's in good company, right? That's not so bad! Everybody does it, according to Rudy. Trump's ability to land primo babes is a sign of what an Alpha Male he is!

But none of those other guys were ever recorded bragging about how they can walk up to women and grab them by the pussy because they're stars.

Trump's campaign was already floundering, I think this is probably the nail in the coffin (or maybe the wooden stake through its heart.)

-As I said, Trump has been able to embrace his record with the "system and Wall Street"....Clinton continues to run away from her record and ties, post Sanders......in the recent Wiki dump, Clinton said only those on Wall Street could fix the system......ergo, if Trump is apart of Wall Street, he is the only one that can "fix it"

You think the Wiki dump will convince people that Trump is the right guy to fix Wall Street?  People who actually care about fixing Wall Street know that Trump's idea of total deregulation is a disaster waiting to happen. It's the opposite of fixing Wall Street.

-The best possible outcome now, absent Hillary being further torpedoed by Wikileaks (or bumped off by a nut), is for Trump to go full nuclear on Clinton in the Sunday debate, slinging every ounce of crap he can at her, getting her to further lie in her defense and go down to his level, keeping her off message (well forcing a conversation over the various allegations afterwards)....... then Monday morning "resign" from the race citing family reasons......with Mike Pence moving to the top of the ticket and Paul Ryan filling in on the bottom.....and Trump leaving politics, never having lost a race and setting uuuuuge records in turnout.....then getting another reality show.

I think you're describing a fantasy scenario.  The idea of Trump stepping aside willingly seems highly far-fetched, because it would mean admitting he lost, and he's incapable of doing so. The idea that he could remain disciplined and focused enough during tomorrow's town hall to somehow get Hillary to melt down? He will have a hard time keeping from melting down himself. I expect that he's probably going to be confronted with these comments in the opening minutes of the debate and will be agigated and defensive for the rest of the show. I think he's going to get humiliated. I think about the best GOP supporters can hope for from the debate is that he manages to avoid losing his temper, yelling, or throwing a punch at someone.

Trumps kids have to know that its getting to the point that post election, assuming he gets waxed, they could do very serious damage (more then has already been done) to the Trump brand....

The Trump brand has already been seriously damaged. Getting clobbered in the general election won't make it any worse.

-k

3 hours ago, cybercoma said:

Because your argument about Trump is stupid. The guy openly admitted to sexually assaulting women. It's so appalling that Republicans themselves are denouncing him. But here you are, defending him by saying he hasn't been convicted of a crime. 

Where did I defend him? Saying he hasn't been convicted of a crime is factual......

59 minutes ago, taxme said:

Obviously you are not a man...

A man doesn't brag about his sexual exploits, let alone assaulting women. Trump is not a man. He's a snivelling little insecure coward. That's the kind of man who needs to brag about sex and only complete scum would brag about being a molester.

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Obviously you are not a man or if you are you than you must know by now  that many men do brag a lot about some of their attempts or conquests with some women. Why should Trump be any different? With the fake media it is all about trying to get Trump on something. That's all. Besides, there have been many politicians in the past and present who have done the same thing has Trump is suppose to have done. Nothing new here. Does Bill Clinton and his sexual exploits come to mind? Trump is only human and a man just like so many other men out there. I am pretty sure that if the fake media tried hard they would find many more politicians who have had put their hands or have said things where they should not have. Just let that sink in for a minute. 

Lots of men may lie about their sexual conquests but lots of men do not lie about sexually assaulting women.

FYI, grabbing a woman by the pussy without her consent is sexual assault.

Just let that sink in for a minute.

7 hours ago, Derek 2.0 said:

been able to embrace his record with the "system and Wall Street"....Clinton continues to run away from her record and ties, post Sanders......in the recent Wiki dump, Clinton said only those on Wall Street could fix the system......ergo, if Trump is apart of Wall Street, he is the only one that can "fix it

But Trump has never been a part of Wall Street. He's a realtor. Wall Street is finance, banks, brokerages.

And Clinton is right in that you can't fix something if you can't understand it. Presidents aren't expected to be experts at everything but are expected to employ experts and listen to them. Trump seems to think he IS the expert in everything, though. He knows more than the generals about ISIS, for example.

Edited by Argus

14 minutes ago, kimmy said:

Maybe he's been accused of worse, but this is the first time people have heard those words come out of his mouth. Perhaps some people have been able to rationalize that his inability to stay faithful is just a quirk, maybe they even admire his manliness.

I don't know that its rationalizing it, but being realistic........Trump has been accused of, and speculated on tape in doing, the same stuff Bill Clinton admitted to under oath.

You think the Wiki dump will convince people that Trump is the right guy to fix Wall Street? 

No, I think the Wiki dump will confirm Sanders supporters opinion of Clinton and motivate them to vote for a third party.

22 minutes ago, kimmy said:

I think you're describing a fantasy scenario.

Exactly, the ones in which Trump is able to beat Clinton.....

24 minutes ago, kimmy said:

The idea of Trump stepping aside willingly seems highly far-fetched, because it would mean admitting he lost, and he's incapable of doing so.

I look at it this way, knowing he will be creamed might be enough motivation to bow out beforehand....

26 minutes ago, kimmy said:

The idea that he could remain disciplined and focused enough during tomorrow's town hall to somehow get Hillary to melt down?

I don't expect him to remain disciplined, the exact opposite in fact.....

28 minutes ago, kimmy said:

I expect that he's probably going to be confronted with these comments in the opening minutes of the debate and will be agigated and defensive for the rest of the show. I think he's going to get humiliated.

I expect you're right, hence my suggestion of Trump going "nuclear" with every far right (radio) Clinton talking point and conspiracy.......confronting Clinton with these numerous charges that no other politician, or those in the media, would..........it would end Trump in politics, but might allow Trump to justify his efforts as bringing the Clinton brand down into the sewer (with him).

36 minutes ago, kimmy said:

The Trump brand has already been seriously damaged. Getting clobbered in the general election won't make it any worse.

-k

On paper, one would think so........but at this point, he has yet to loose anything......if he got out of the race now, or after getting waxed in the debate, and the GOP was able to cobble together a Pence/Ryan ticket, team Clinton would be disarmed of their largest point of attack against the GOP......Trump.

Will it happen? I'd doubt it, but then if we've learnt anything with Trump is to expect the unexpected. 

Trump responded to the idea of stepping down by saying there's "Zero chance."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/299988-trump-zero-chance-ill-quit

“I’d never withdraw. I’ve never withdrawn in my life,” Trump added in an interview with the Washington Post. “No, I’m not quitting this race. I have tremendous support.”

Barring Trump resigning voluntarily (or dying) , the only way to get him off the ticket is a lengthy process involving a large number of Republicans voting on a resolution... with just a few weeks before the election, they simply don't have enough time to replace him.

-k

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

But Trump has never been a part of Wall Street. He's a realtor. Wall Street is fiance, banks, brokerages.

I know that,and thats not my point.........Sanders supporters considered Trump as part of the elite "1%"....these leaks but confirm, by her own admission, that Clinton is too......I don't expect them to flock to Trump, but the third parties, that help Trump.

17 minutes ago, kimmy said:

Trump responded to the idea of stepping down by saying there's "Zero chance."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/299988-trump-zero-chance-ill-quit

Trump's own words have the consistency of Jello........I'd wait until after the debate.

We'll see. I think he's so clueless that he still thinks he's winning, still thinks he's going to do a great job in the debate, thinks that he can turn it around by blasting Hillary for Bill's infidelity, and is going to win the election. He's an egomaniac. You really think he's capable of accepting that he's been whipped... by a woman?

-k

13 hours ago, Derek 2.0 said:

The latest from Wikileaks.........Clinton's speechifying is far worse then Trump's latest flub.....

I haven't seen any reports from cnn or msnbc about any new emails or wall Street speeches  

I've watched cnn and msnbc and barely a word about Clinton,emails  or wikileaks

Edited by Hal 9000