Donald vs Hillary

Who will American voters choose: Clinton or Trump?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Clinton has won the Presidency, that is an iron clad fact. The best hope now is for the Republicans to salvage what they can and take control of the Senate so that she cannot have a free hand in the Supreme Court. Many Republicans have already made very prominent statements denouncing Trump, even Arnold Schwarzenegger made it clear that he will not be voting Trump. Mike Pence, Trump's own running mate came as close as he can without crossing the line. I suspect a few think they can wait another 30 hours to see just how poorly Trump does tomorrow night, if he even shows (which I predict he will chicken out), but come Monday morning we will see the entire GOP turn on him. 

Today's New York Daily News front cover.  This isn't even a photoshop, this is the actual thing.

Senator Kelly Ayotte said this morning that she's not voting for Trump and will cast a write-in ballot for Mike Pence instead. Ayotte is in a tight race with Gov. Maggie Hassan to retain her Senate seat, and Hassan has continually used Trump as a weapon with which to attack Ayotte. Ayotte has tried to walk a fine line between not associating herself with Trump while also not offending Trump supporters or being against the Republican Party. It appears that she has now decided that disavowing Trump altogether is the only way to win her own election. Other Republican candidates are also disavowing Trump left and right, making sure that voters know "I'm not with him anymore!" or "I never liked that guy in the first place!"

I would expect the Republican party leadership to make the same decision in the remaining weeks of the campaign: pull money from advertising Trump and direct everything they have towards supporting candidates for House and Senate races. The message will be: "If Hillary Clinton is in the White House, Americans will need strong Republican voices in the Senate and the House of Representatives to provide checks and balances! Support your Republican candidate to make sure that Clinton receives responsible scrutiny!"

-k

ETA- kimmy I had quoted a post of yours from last page but it seems to be gone. See below.  

It's interesting you don't mention the Democrat candidates.

John Kerry and Obama are decent people too but I have my doubts about Hillary and Bill Clinton.  

Trump is in a class of his own though. Even makes the Clintons look good. 

Im on my phone and it's difficult to quote but here it is:

"I didn't support Mitt Romney and I disagreed with his views, but I never doubted that he was a decent person.  I supported John McCain, and I believed that he was a decent person. I didn't agree with G.W. Bush or think he was a very good president, but I believe that he is at heart a very decent person.  I believe that Bob Dole and G.H.W. Bush were decent and honorable men. I don't believe that any of that can be said of Donald J Trump. His policy ideas, such as they are, are idiotic... his history in the world of business is utterly reprehensible, and his moral character as a human being is utterly disgusting."

Edited by BC_chick

2 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

I haven't seen any reports from cnn or msnbc about any new emails or wall Street speeches  

I don't watch either so I can't speak to that, but the British press is covering it and the news that Wikileaks will be releasing additional emails, each week, through the election.....including evidence of collusion between the Clintons and Google.

1 hour ago, kimmy said:

I would expect the Republican party leadership to make the same decision in the remaining weeks of the campaign: pull money from advertising Trump and direct everything they have towards supporting candidates for House and Senate races. The message will be: "If Hillary Clinton is in the White House, Americans will need strong Republican voices in the Senate and the House of Representatives to provide checks and balances! Support your Republican candidate to make sure that Clinton receives responsible scrutiny!"

-k

They could, I don't doubt they have various scenarios mapped out, with that said, there is still a month and two debates remaining......If Wikileaks has further damning info on Clinton, and keeps releasing it every week as planned, plenty could happen between now and election day.

1 minute ago, cybercoma said:

Trump talked about sexually assaulting women....

Is it "sexual assault" if the "assaulted" didn't go to the police, let alone complain about it when it happened......or is this a "sexual assault" like those that occur on public transit when a male has his legs spread open (if he self identifies as a male) reading a swimsuit mag?

1 minute ago, Derek 2.0 said:

Is it "sexual assault" if the "assaulted" didn't go to the police

Absolutely unequivocally it is. Are you really arguing that these women wanted a lecherous old man groping them? Really? Is that the position you want to be associated with?

9 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

Is it "sexual assault" if the "assaulted" didn't go to the police, let alone complain about it when it happened......or is this a "sexual assault" like those that occur on public transit when a male has his legs spread open (if he self identifies as a male) reading a swimsuit mag?

Is it REALLY an assault if I punch you in the head and you don't go to the police?

10 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

Absolutely unequivocally it is. Are you really arguing that these women wanted a lecherous old man groping them? Really? Is that the position you want to be associated with?

Why would I, personally, be associated with it? I'm not a Trump supporter, nor a Trump fan....I spent over a year pointing out what a disgusting buffoon he is.......with that, my point still stands.........are these actually sexual assaults......when nobody, as far as I know, have filed criminal charges against him?

7 minutes ago, BC_chick said:

Is it REALLY an assault if I punch you in the head and you don't go to the police?

No more or less so then if I said you punched me in the head a decade ago......and its only now an issue because you're running for president.

9 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

No more or less so then if I said you punched me in the head a decade ago......and its only now an issue because you're running for president.

It's actually very normal.

Only 6% of sexual assaults and 1-2% of date rapes are ever reported.  http://www.sexassault.ca/statistics.htm

Edited by BC_chick

Just now, BC_chick said:

It's actually very normal.

Only 6% of rapes and 1-2% of date rapes are ever reported.  http://www.sexassault.ca/statistics.htm

Sure, and in how many cases does the one allegedly assaulted, that had failed business dealings with the alleged rapist, file a civil action vice criminal charges........in my opinion, the optics look like a money grab.

Just now, Derek 2.0 said:

Sure, and in how many cases does the one allegedly assaulted, that had failed business dealings with the alleged rapist, file a civil action vice criminal charges........in my opinion, the optics look like a money grab.

Using the statistics of the link I left earlier, there is a 96-98% chance that it was for real. 

1 minute ago, BC_chick said:

Using the statistics of the link I left earlier, there is a 96-98% chance that it was for real. 

Sure, and of that, how many cases involve a billionaire that's running for President? I still find it hard to fathom that the rich guy thats been screwing supermodels since the 70s rapes anyone.

1 minute ago, Derek 2.0 said:

Sure, and of that, how many cases involve a billionaire that's running for President? I still find it hard to fathom that the rich guy thats been screwing supermodels since the 70s rapes anyone.

All while the poor guy from Arkansas most definitely raped women and became president.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

All while the poor guy from Arkansas most definitely raped women and became president.

.......Or JFK....FDR......LBJ etc etc. It doesn't justify their actions, its simply the nature of the beast.....

10 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

Why not, rape is about power, not sex.  A wealthy man is actually a perfect candidate for sexual assault because he feels entitled to whatever he wants.