Canadians Solidly Behind Justin Trudeau

stop the madness!

Abacus Data - just released: SIX MONTHS AFTER ELECTION, PM TRUDEAU WELL REGARDED BY MOST CANADIANS

• At the top of the list of positive perceptions: “he projects a good image of Canada around the world” (79%), “he’s intelligent” (85%) he”sets a good example for young people in Canada” (77%), “genuinely cares about other people” (81%), “works hard at his job (81%) tries to do the right thing for the country” (86%), “open to new ideas, willing to listen to others” (78%).

• Slightly less positive ratings for the PM were for “knows how to lead” (69% agree), and “setting the right priorities for the country” (64%) “personal values are similar to my own” (62%)

Slide1-5.png

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honeymoon waldo. Trudeau's will be longer than most. But it will come crashing down. Trudeau does not lead the country ,his party does. At least with harper we knew who was making the decisions.

Honeymoon waldo. Trudeau's will be longer than most. But it will come crashing down. Trudeau does not lead the country ,his party does. At least with harper we knew who was making the decisions.

the current poll results are dramatically above and beyond campaign-end and immediate post-election results - for now, those results speak to a most significant majority of Canadians approving of the current leader/party of governance. Your projected 'crash' must be held in balance to your projection that called for a Harper Conservative majority election win. Your comment on Harper's decision making is the absolute antithesis to the oft repeated insistence of Harper supporters that he wasn't making decisions in dictatorial isolation.

Well it seems the convention was not just a big love in for trudeau. It was reported on the radio that a lot of people were not happy with the way the party is going. It even banned a Toronto star reporter ,because people were getting to upset and the party does not want the public to see it. And just by what the libs have tried with motion 6, it seems trudeau want to be a dictator or his handlers we don't know yet. But everything said about harper that did not come true ,seems it will come true under trudeau.

Edited by PIK

But everything said about harper that did not come true ,seems it will come true under trudeau.

there was described internal dissent at both party conventions... as I read it the biggest concerns within the Liberal Party convention reflected upon the 'open-party membership change and new party constitution' - which was significantly over-publicized dissent given only 66 Liberal Party members voted against the changes (just 3% of the total vote). Should I let you describe the stated dissent at the Conservative Party convention... some might say it was related to the LGBTory faction's initiative - yes?

what, as you say, 'everything said about Harper'... didn't come true?

Eventually people quit drinking the kool aid.

more CanCon please! But yes, your link does show it took 8 years for that early Bush popularity level (polled after 9/11, no less) to play itself out - term limits not withstanding. On the other hand your point resonates as it took ~10 years before, as you say, "people quit drinking the {Harper} kool aid".

more CanCon please! But yes, your link does show it took 8 years for that early Bush popularity level (polled after 9/11, no less) to play itself out - term limits not withstanding. On the other hand your point resonates as it took ~10 years before, as you say, "people quit drinking the {Harper} kool aid".

I admit that The Prime Minister has not really done anything I can really complain about except saying I was rich and did not need a tax cut during the campaign.

He is pretty and is good with crowds.

As far as Cancon goes. It being Canada's version of the 1930's German Student Union has been very quiet for the last couple years and i bless them for it. I watch,read and listen to what I want. Have no desire to be told what to enjoy. Must say that Melanie Joly is a damn sight better to look at than Sheila Copps. Better to listen to as well. Not nearly as annoying.

He is against leaderless parties. If the NDP get a good leader ,that will chew away from trudeau. The CPC did not lose much support, it has a good base and are beating out the other this yr in raising money. And I hope the liberals believe that they are unbeatable.

Just out of curiosity...why did you crop this image so that it did not include the explanation for the asterisks next to Amrbose's name? Were you concerned about the 'multiple leaders' angle?

Here's the full image with no manipulation:

:lol: yup... ya gots me! There's those 4 days Harper was still Prime Minister... the first poll (of the 10) included occurred on Oct 14th... Harper's official last day was Oct 19th... per his government's defeat... per his announcement!

no comment on the other party leader numbers - none... none at all?

Why is this stuff news to anyone but JT sycophants?

are you suggesting it's not news... or news you have difficulty accepting? I would think it prudent to provide updates on the Canadian public's interpretation of the banal, trivial and mindless focus Rona Conservatives so occupy themselves with...

does it give you solace to outright dismiss the Rona Ambrose numbers... cause they aren't a reflection/mirror on the CPC itself, right? Is that what you're saying?

Opposition leaders should sit back and take a close look at what has transpired. The "Too Young" backfired and made the others look too old and drove JT polls up. The "Not Ready" backfired into refreshingly new and Sunny Days and drove the polls up. The outrage over "Elbowgate" backfired into public denouncing of the drama and lifted support for JT.

I am not endorsing but analyzing. The "usual" does not seem to work against Trudeau. He seems to have taken on papa's charisma and the electorate seems quite prepared to overlook a number of "mistakes" and policy changes that would have injured other governments. Every politician has a vulnerability but no one has found the break in his Teflon.. A spouse might be a source but Sophie appears likable and seems to be able to withstand any criticism. His kids are too cute to attack. His mother, while a good potential because of her mental problems and still existing photos of her "difficult" days, seems an untouchable. Even a declared plan for a $30 billion deficit has not brought out the pitchforks. This is not my conclusion but that of the pollsters.

Where is JT vulnerable?

Edited by Big Guy

I'm not impressed with Trudeau for a number of reasons, but I read this today and will praise him on this:

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/06/03/trudeau-unhappy-after-reporter-berated-by-chinese-minister

I agree. But Dion should have handled this at the time. Dion really is slow off the mark and is turning out to be one of the weakest Ministers. I know JT owed him a cabinet seat but it is time to send Dion back to where he can do little harm.

Yes Trudeau's popularity is quite high now and I expect it will remain so regardless of how things go for Canada's economy.I think I know where we are headed though,given the fact that Trudeau has some of the same advisers that McGuinty/Wynne had.Now how well did that work out for Ontario?

Canadian politics is cyclical - longitudinal data guarantees it. Yes, the Liberals are currently on a high and JT is very popular. In a couple (or more), years it will be less popular. Then another party will become popular as will its leader and someone will declare that "Canadians Solidly behind ......" and they will be correct - just as correct as this OP at this time.

So what?

Canadian politics is cyclical - longitudinal data guarantees it. Yes, the Liberals are currently on a high and JT is very popular. In a couple (or more), years it will be less popular. Then another party will become popular as will its leader and someone will declare that "Canadians Solidly behind ......" and they will be correct - just as correct as this OP at this time.

So what?

all quite true/accurate. I've repeated several times why I've been highlighting that Trudeau popularity/preference: simply to reinforce that Opposition party efforts (principally by Rona Conservatives) have not managed to put a dent in the Trudeau popularity/preference rankings... if anything, they've acted to reinforce, perhaps increase, those rankings.

He seems to have taken on papa's charisma and the electorate seems quite prepared to overlook a number of "mistakes" and policy changes that would have injured other governments.

There is a significant difference or two between Pierre and Justin. Pierre enjoyed a PR holiday because he was the smartest guy in nearly every room. His innate intelligence carried him for a while, until arrogance and wholesale inability to manage a national economy doomed him eventually.

Justin is not the smartest guy in many rooms filled with adults, but his charisma factor will carry him less time than Daddy, because in this age of information every boner is exposed in real time. It took a few years for Seniors lack of interest or understanding of the economy to manifest and resonate , it won't be long with his son. And poor Justin does start out with at least a few people wise to his game, while Pierre had to convince taxpayers that he had no clue. Wage and price controls? Wow.

In the meantime, we can only hope against hope that Justin does not actually create a recession. Maybe Morneau will develop a spine and clue him in that a balance sheets has, incredibly, two columns and both of them matter.

Harper - Largest. Deficits. Ever.

Our bills have gone down! lol

Largest global recession since the Great Depression!!!

Did you know that was An Actual Event? lol!!!!

Justin is not the smartest guy in many rooms filled with adults...

Conservatives should just keep harping on the "he's just not ready" theme into the next election. I think that strategy is a winner!!