Islamophobia in Canada

Trust they get it and know their place for a couple of generations. Rinse and repeat. It's a crappy job but someone's gotta do it.

In practice once you get through killing the first 1% you end up having to keep killing. Stalin killed about 10% and still wasn't done.

This method doesn't exactly achieve any happy ends, except for those few sick individuals who enjoy murder.

I guess former US president Eisenhower was just paranoid, according to you.

You should read the entire speech. He was also warning us of the dangers of the AGW obessions we see today:

Yet, in holding scientific research and discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientifictechnological elite.

It is the task of statesmanship to mold, to balance, and to integrate these and other forces, new and old, within the principles of our democratic system -- ever aiming toward the supreme goals of our free society.

Edited by TimG

Like I said, it sucks. I guess that's why social welfare exists just as much for the survival of the 1% as it does for everyone else.

So why do you want to send 70 million people to the guillotines again? Just for the fun of seeing lots of heads lopped off?

Canadians are pretty desperate if they have to rely on Ike to save them. He actually presided over huge Cold War defense procurements. Not sure what Ike's speech has to do with Islamophobia in Toronto.

You're in denial too? I thought you were about being honest and forward.

Let me know about Haliburton's feasts on wars and its connection with the former secretary of "defense" and vice president of United States.

You're in denial too? I thought you were about being honest and forward.

Let me know about Haliburton's feasts on wars and its connection with the former secretary of "defense" and vice president of United States.

Do you mean the same way that Canada feasted on the Vietnam War ?

Relevance to Islamophobia remains unclear...but keep trying to find something American to explain how the world works.

Relevance to Islamophobia remains unclear...but keep trying to find something American to explain how the world works.

Canada feasted on vietnam? Not nearly as much as bell helicopters etal did.

Westmoreland was a major shareholder at the time. The corruption reeked to the high heavens.

Edited by On Guard for Thee

"You mean like Canada.."I get it. You love us and want us to be so much like you, that you try to find a comparison in the worst ways. Welcome to Maple Leaf Web Forum, American.

It's been brought up and I'm correcting misinformation by some members. You don't want to talk about the truth and suddenly take an interest into staying on topic, then you should have brought it up before, when the conversation started and before you engaged in it.

Edited by marcus

I guess former US president Eisenhower was just paranoid, according to you.

Eisenhower was right to warn against the power of these lobbyists to get government to pay for all their often unworkable and overpriced systems.

But this does NOTHING to support the contention of the paranoid loony set that "the military industrial complex" is actually behind many of the wars and violence in the world.

I do not advocate collective punishment for Muslims.But in the wake of the Paris and San Bernardino massacres can we really blame those that hold Islam responsible?

"You mean like Canada.."I get it. You love us and want us to be so much like you, that you try to find a comparison in the worst ways. Welcome to Maple Leaf Web Forum, American.

The Maple Leaf Web Forum is American....hosted in the United States....runs on an American forum engine.

It's been brought up and I'm correcting misinformation by some members. You don't want to talk about the truth and suddenly take an interest into staying on topic, then you should have brought it up before, when the conversation started and before you engaged in it.

In other words, it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic but was invoked like most American references for "gravitas". Got it...

I do not advocate collective punishment for Muslims.But in the wake of the Paris and San Bernardino massacres can we really blame those that hold Islam responsible?

Blame? Can you "blame" anybody for feeling the way they do?

Of course not.

Feeling based on misinformation or faulty understanding should not be taken seriously. They should certainly not be the base for dealing with a challenge.

You can't hold an abstraction responsible for anything. You can only hold the people responsible, and consider that abstraction the reason for their actions if they tell you it is.

You can't hold an abstraction responsible for anything. You can only hold the people responsible, and consider that abstraction the reason for their actions if they tell you it is.

I couldn't figure out how to say what I wanted to say in response to that. Thank you for doing it so eloquently. We should so have a like button around here.

I couldn't figure out how to say what I wanted to say in response to that. Thank you for doing it so eloquently. We should so have a like button around here.

So, if I understand you and bcsapper, Islam is not responsible as it isn't a human being?

So, if I understand you and bcsapper, Islam is not responsible as it isn't a human being?

Right. Islam never killed anyone. It can't hold a gun, or a knife, and there's nowhere to strap an explosive belt.

Some Muslims, on the other hand...

Thank you. I appreciate the comment.