Truth about Justin Trudeau and the Liberals

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duffygate is far from the most important thing that has happened. What it represents is important; a government so centralized that Cabinet has largely been rendered impotent and a small cadre of handpicked advisers accountable only to the Prime Minister deal with issues as large as foreign affairs, and as ludicrously small and pointless as one Senator's expense problems.

and I think it represents how far the ndp and liberals are willing to stoop for a bit of political gain.

I honestly believe that the "opposition" has a greater responsibility than just bitching and complaining every chance they get. Imo they turned parliament into a sandbox.

If Trudeau gets elected, the sun will still rise, the tides will still ebb and flow, business will go on, the economy, bound heavily to the US and to international commodity markets, will go up and go down. Other than small tax increases for some, similarly small tax cuts for others, it will likely be hard to tell that a government has changed. Then that's their choice, and thus far, it seems to have been a very good one. Even if Trudeau doesn't win, he's likely to have tripled the Liberal seat count.

I agree with most of this post, but I am still honestly concerned about a Trudeau victory. Not nearly as much as an ndp victory, which is basically the death knell for business in this country.

Trudeau is facing a world of hard choices that he is woefully unprepared for. It's easy to say that personal rights and freedoms are the be-all, end-all, but when you're faced with protecting 49 bajillion square miles of this country from internal attacks you will be really interested in knowing what certain people are saying in their texts, emails, etc.

Trudeau doesn't think we need new fighter planes, that's a huge handicap for our armed forces down the road. If the situation arises where we do need them how long will the waiting list be? What will the time frame be, and the cost, if we can get them at all?

He will be judged one day in hindsight and I don't think he has the foresight for this world.

I agree with most of this post, but I am still honestly concerned about a Trudeau victory. Not nearly as much as an ndp victory, which is basically the death knell for business in this country.

Trudeau is facing a world of hard choices that he is woefully unprepared for. It's easy to say that personal rights and freedoms are the be-all, end-all, but when you're faced with protecting 49 bajillion square miles of this country from internal attacks you will be really interested in knowing what certain people are saying in their texts, emails, etc.

More people are killed in this country from "old stock" Canadians than any terrorists. Why wasn't it crucial for the government to read email, tap phones, generally spy on their citizens until now? Not that I think we really have privacy regardless of C51, but this "the terrorists are coming" argument lacks any kind of rationality.

Edited by dialamah

More people are killed in this country from "old stock" Canadians than any terrorists. Why wasn't it crucial for the government to read email, tap phones, generally spy on their citizens until now? Not that I think we really have privacy regardless of C51, but this "the terrorists are coming" argument lacks any kind of rationality.

wow what a coincidence. Most people in this country are old stock Canadians.

Difference being that old stock Canadians don't coordinate their killings with people from overseas, or need automatic weapons etc.

Every country has domestic murders and if you are trying to insinuate in some way that we do more than our share of killing fellow citizens than the countries that are associated with terrorism then that's way off topic and I will just agree to disagree with you.

And how prepared was Harper in his time? He had less Parliamentary experience than Trudeau does now, had held down exactly one non-political job, and his other job had been at a right-wing think tank.

There will likely be some considerable talent, including some Chretien era MPs, on the government benches. There is also the civil service, which has been designed to keep government rolling no matter who is in power. The system itself is designed to survive even pretty bad PMs, and I think we now have enough evidence to suggest Trudeau won't be anywhere near as bad as his opponents have tried to claim he will be.

wow what a coincidence. Most people in this country are old stock Canadians.

Difference being that old stock Canadians don't coordinate their killings with people from overseas, or need automatic weapons etc.

Every country has domestic murders and if you are trying to insinuate in some way that we do more than our share of killing fellow citizens than the countries that are associated with terrorism then that's way off topic and I will just agree to disagree with you.

I read an article a few months ago about how researchers note just how bad humans are at assessing risk. The researchers weren't talking about politics specifically, but in general how easy it is to whip up hysteria over the most improbable risks. People can literally be scared witless by the threat of a terrorist attack or plane crashes, when statistically you're more likely to choke to death or contract cancer, so much more likely that these other forms of death are virtually the equivalent of winning the lottery (though obviously more unpleasant).

Terrorist is very very bad, and we should do what is necessary to protect the public, but really, if we were interested in preventing murders, the poster is right, we'd be better off funneling more money into shelters for abused women, more money into the court system, more money into fighting poverty, all that root causes stuff conservatives don't seem to think are terribly important, and would do far more than throwing cash and resources at CSIS.

I'm a guy that fully believes ISIS should be bombed into oblivion, and then keep bombing them for a few more years just to make sure. But that is a geopolitical issue that, while it has some domestic aspects, by and large is about producing some sort of sustained regional stability. Domestically, there always have been and always will be murderous lunatics, who will use religion, politically ideology or whatever else their fevered brains can come up with to justify mayhem, and we have to accept that the government is never going to be able to guarantee absolute safety, and that resources should be applied where they make the most sense and will do the most good, and not simply in the places that somehow make us feel better.

I read an article a few months ago about how researchers note just how bad humans are at assessing risk. The researchers weren't talking about politics specifically, but in general how easy it is to whip up hysteria over the most improbable risks. People can literally be scared witless by the threat of a terrorist attack or plane crashes, when statistically you're more likely to choke to death or contract cancer, so much more likely that these other forms of death are virtually the equivalent of winning the lottery (though obviously more unpleasant).

People are trained to be scared of terrorist attacks, it's the "don't look at all the killing the Israelis are doing, look at how bad crazy Muslims are" card that's played over and over by the media. The worst one was when the "6 Arab terrorists tried to board a plane in England" that caused us to limit the amount of fluids we could carry on a plane. CNN was bombarding the tv with terrorism in bold headlines, on the ticker, and verbally 24/7. Meanwhile Israeli tanks, helicopters, apc's, etc were unleashing another barrage against civilians with the eyes of America distracted. I have my doubts if that the terrorist was real, there was just way too much focus on it compared the actual war that was going on.

The terrorist threat is real enough now tho, thanks to Israel and the U.S.

Terrorist is very very bad, and we should do what is necessary to protect the public, but really, if we were interested in preventing murders, the poster is right, we'd be better off funneling more money into shelters for abused women, more money into the court system, more money into fighting poverty, all that root causes stuff conservatives don't seem to think are terribly important, and would do far more than throwing cash and resources at CSIS.I'm a guy that fully believes ISIS should be bombed into oblivion, and then keep bombing them for a few more years just to make sure. But that is a geopolitical issue that, while it has some domestic aspects, by and large is about producing some sort of sustained regional stability. Domestically, there always have been and always will be murderous lunatics, who will use religion, politically ideology or whatever else their fevered brains can come up with to justify mayhem, and we have to accept that the government is never going to be able to guarantee absolute safety, and that resources should be applied where they make the most sense and will do the most good, and not simply in the places that somehow make us feel better.

If you want to spend money you don't need to throw it in every direction chasing problems which are basically just symptoms of one disease. we live in an alcohol-charged culture. You can't watch a movie, a sporting event, or do basically anything where alcohol isn't revered, endorsed, expected, etc. it brings out the worst in every situation and its looked at as the cure. Someone died, drink! Someone got promoted, drink! Having a bad day, you need a drink. Good day, celebrate with a drink. Hard days work you earned a drink. Nice meal, nice wine. Watch any movie and see how many times and how many different ways they promote booze.

Don't expect anything to get better here until people have a better understanding of what problem drinking is. But that's not the answer anyone is looking for. We want a pill, or social programs targeting the fallout.

Money spent on csis is well enough spent, but domestically we could improve our situation for free with a more mature approach to drinking.

Trudeau has have some dubious connections with Islam that should be worrying to Canadians. I urge them to look into the links I've provided to be fully aware of what you're voting for when you vote for Trudeau.

He's been very soft on Radical Islam. Will he continue to advocate for Islamic culture to be intertwined with CanadIan culture? This is called creeping Shariah and it's scary. Once we go down this road you cannot go back.

Canada has a long history and rich culture and traditions. Is it in Canada's best intrest to embrace Islamic culture and tradition replacing our own? I don't think so but that's only my opinion.

Do you want large swaths of hooded Muslims taking over our cities and towns? Is that Canadian culture? Do we need Mosques all over the place? Do we need potential terrorist funding and recruitment centre's in our country? With increased Islamic immigration all these will increase. 100% chance. If you're comfortable with all this mysoginistic, homo phobic and at times violent movement in Canada then vote fir a progressive party. To protect Canada vote Conservative.

Islam is a religion just as much as it is a political ideology.

Think and get informed before voting.

Trudeau has have some dubious connections with Islam that should be worrying to Canadians. I urge them to look into the links I've provided to be fully aware of what you're voting for when you vote for Trudeau.

He's been very soft on Radical Islam. Will he continue to advocate for Islamic culture to be intertwined with CanadIan culture? This is called creeping Shariah and it's scary. Once we go down this road you cannot go back.

Canada has a long history and rich culture and traditions. Is it in Canada's best intrest to embrace Islamic culture and tradition replacing our own? I don't think so but that's only my opinion.

Do you want large swaths of hooded Muslims taking over our cities and towns? Is that Canadian culture? Do we need Mosques all over the place? Do we need potential terrorist funding and recruitment centre's in our country? With increased Islamic immigration all these will increase. 100% chance. If you're comfortable with all this mysoginistic, homo phobic and at times violent movement in Canada then vote fir a progressive party. To protect Canada vote Conservative.

Islam is a religion just as much as it is a political ideology.

Think and get informed before voting.

If I'm looking to get informed, the last place I'd look was in a pack of hyperbolic driven by a Tory partisan

I provided cites for everything I posted. Truth doesn't change.

I provided cites for everything I posted. Truth doesn't change.

None of what you wrote is truth. It's just the sad flailing of a partisan who knows his party is going down in defeat.

Well, you'll have a few more years to come up with "cites" in preparation for the next election, though as I said elsewhere, Harper's attempt to bankrupt the opposition will only serve to put that day off a lot longer than any Tories would like.

None of what you wrote is truth. It's just the sad flailing of a partisan who knows his party is going down in defeat.

Well, you'll have a few more years to come up with "cites" in preparation for the next election, though as I said elsewhere, Harper's attempt to bankrupt the opposition will only serve to put that day off a lot longer than any Tories would like.

So instead of attacking me go through my cites and show which ones are false?

Did Trudeau NOT speak at an Islamic event?

Did he NOT visit a mosque?

Did he not pray at said mosque?

Did his former confidant not say those things about Jews?

Is Omar nit the former head of tge Arab organization?

Prove me wrong then. Thats how debate works. I make arguments with full cites. You're supossed to make counter arguments with your own cites but you've instead decided to attack me. What's that called again? So let's have your counter arguments please.

So instead of attacking me go through my cites and show which ones are false?

Did Trudeau NOT speak at an Islamic event?

Did he NOT visit a mosque?

Did he not pray at said mosque?

Did his former confidant not say those things about Jews?

Is Omar nit the former head of tge Arab organization?

Prove me wrong then. Thats how debate works. I make arguments with full cites. You're supossed to make counter arguments with your own cites but you've instead decided to attack me. What's that called again? So let's have your counter arguments please.

The lie is in the context.