Canada Gives Up Military Independence

Big Guy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok - the images on this thread helped illustrate a few points, but let's get back to posting discussions (text) now thanks. I'll try to be diligent about image trolling moving forward.

The images illustrated why Canada wants to partner with the U.S. military instead of Mexico's.

Canadians and Americans for that matter, better hope the leaders of the 3 NA countries don't get the NAU through because, it will change everything we know as Canadian, American and Mexican! The NAU is not dead, its underground moving slowly and I bet when Harper is out, those Top Secret issues he has, will be connected to the NAU. Harper has already "harmonized" many things with the USA and some of the parts of the military is already there.

Canadians and Americans for that matter, better hope the leaders of the 3 NA countries don't get the NAU through because, it will change everything we know as Canadian, American and Mexican! The NAU is not dead, its underground moving slowly and I bet when Harper is out, those Top Secret issues he has, will be connected to the NAU. Harper has already "harmonized" many things with the USA and some of the parts of the military is already there.

All NATO members having integrated military structures, and have had such integration for over half a century.

Now our current government is prepared to make Canada subservient to yet another nation - the USA!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-election-2015-canadian-us-integrated-force-1.3247362

Farcical drivel.

And the irony being if the OP heard we were forming a joint military group with Iran or Russia both of whom he has expressed much admiration for, he'd have been delighted.

Great post OP. Canada must stand strong on its own, and stay out of other people's wars and oil grabs.

Lol. A great OP post based on a hysterical misinterpretation of a briefing note! :rolleyes:

Edited by Argus

I've neither seen nor heard anything about full integration, but our militaries are already integrated a lot more than most people think. I have friends who are Canadian military personnel that spend more time on US bases than Canadian ones. Many US servicemen are stationed at Canadian bases as well.

Well, I guess you guys won't be happy until we are the 51st state? Must be all those dang chemicals those American tanker planes spray on us up in BC. Those easterly trade-winds finally brought all that mind-numbing crud down our way!

It's precisely people who think like you who opposed Confederation. Had you been the majority, Canada would never have come into existence.

Ironically enough, people who are open to world federation are the same ones who would have supported Confederation.

Whooaaa!!!!! Please don't toss me into any group for the convenience of an argument when I never even shared my thoughts or ideas on Confederation. I think our friendship with America is worth keeping but our national identity and sovereign dignity must also be saved - first as a priority. I lived more than a decade in America and see first hand that they simply do not enter any relationship where they are not totally dominate (do it my way or else is how they motivate even their friends)

I also spent three years in Europe and Asia and have seen Americans cursed and spit upon in almost every language even in France, Germany, SPain, and Italy (by non-muslim white people) and called "bully" and "terrorist". This would never happen to Canadians (except maybe in muslim countries) and we should keep it this way. People all over the world know we have higher moral standards as a people and they admire and respect us. This reputation is a valuable treasure in the world. We need to be true to our national soul and identity - not to the American dollar. It will soon be quite worthless anyway.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-election-2015-canadian-us-integrated-force-1.3247362

Link for context:

The Canadian military has been working on a plan to create with the United States a bi-national integrated military force to deploy to hot spots around the world.

The so-called Canada-U.S. Integrated Forces would be the result of an agreement between the two countries under which air, sea, land and special operations forces would be jointly deployed under unified command, outside Canada.

I guess that would end the possibility of war between Canada and the US. Isn't this good for peace ?

Note to Argus: it begins.

Why is the left so full of hate, that is all you hear from them, pure hatred of everything. Going thru life so miserable must suck.

Right on...

The article is saying that Canadian military has been working on a plan to create with the United States a bi-national integrated military force to deploy to hot spots around the world when needed.

It does not sound as if the whole forces will be integrated nor does it sound as if we lose sovereignty, more hyperbole and exaggeration.

Right on...

The article is saying that Canadian military has been working on a plan to create with the United States a bi-national integrated military force to deploy to hot spots around the world when needed.

It does not sound as if the whole forces will be integrated nor does it sound as if we lose sovereignty, more hyperbole and exaggeration.

From what I can assertion from the article, this idea is not coming from the government either. The Canadian forces are working on the idea in principle, but have not even presented anything to anyone in cabinet yet.

From what I hear it's not meat to be anything like full integration but rather a sort of rapid deployment force manned by forces from both militarys. I don't think we have to fear becoming the 51st state over this...at least not yet.

Rapid deployment. That makes sense. We go quickly into an American battle before our Canadian parliament decides if Canada should get involved. There is absolutely no need for this kind of "integration" - this is unnecessary entanglement.