Evan Solomon: You're Fired!

Boges

Have never watched it, and as usual you're resorting to amateurish insults and poorly constructed, grass based human analogues when you run out of argument.

My argument is simply that I wish to keep CBC around. I don't spend a lot of time looking at TV so I don't care much about the soap operas. But I also don't want news reporting to resemble a soap opera.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya actually you're changing the reason of why many people don't like fox news to fit an agenda to attack the CBC and make some people look like hypocrites at the same time.

Nope....there are several reasons that people criticize Fox News, including corporate bias.

I don't need any specific reason to attack the CBC, as its numerous shortcomings are plain to see.

Everything I've learned about how expensively crappy the state controlled CBC is I've learned right here !

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Nope....there are several reasons that people criticize Fox News, including corporate bias.

I don't need any specific reason to attack the CBC, as its numerous shortcomings are plain to see.

Everything I've learned about how expensively crappy the CBC is I've learned right here !

Apparently you never watch faux news then. At least you seem to have abandoned your old troll about CBC being government controlled. So perhaps we can see slight progress.

More people watch CBCNN that any other according to the research. Some of CBCTV entertainment hasn't done so well I know. But im no authority as I dont spend a lot of time glued to the tv.

The only CBC programming to even crack the top 30 nationally is still hockey. No CBC news programming whatsoever shows up in the Numeris rankings. CTV and Global, on the other hand, do have their news programs show up fairly regularly.

http://assets.numeris.ca/Downloads/May%2025%20-%20May%2031,%202015%20(National).pdf

I enjoyed today when the CBC immediately skewered the chief of defense staff for answering questions about sexual harassment in the military in what i thought was a very honest fashion. Just scummy journalism. He said in some ways the harassment was due to 'biological wiring', of course what he meant was when men and women work closely together some men will take advantage if given the opportunity, which ah, is pretty normal. Still not good, still wrong, still something that needs to be worked on, but is more of a societal/biological issue than just a military issue. It happens everywhere to some degree, perhaps its worse in the military environment, but it's pretty clear he didn't intend to say that it can't be helped, or boys will be boys, etc. But the garbage journalists at the cbc sure didn't mind framing it that way, as no doubt the dedicated watchers among us will surely be happy they did

I enjoyed today when the CBC immediately skewered the chief of defense staff for answering questions about sexual harassment in the military in what i thought was a very honest fashion. Just scummy journalism.

It's not the journalism that's scum; what's scum is the argument that men are biologically wired to be rapists and can't control their sexual urges so women should just accept being groped and fondled against their will. Making excuses for sexual assault and harassment is pretty close to the scummiest thing anyone can do outside of actually doing the raping and harassment. Tell us again how Conservatives like you stand for victims' rights though.

I've got a great solution. Maybe women in the Canadian military should work in segregated units or better yet, wear burqas. Then they won't incite men's biological need to rape them. Women should take some responsibility for triggering male rapist biology and cover themselves from head to toe.

Edited by cybercoma

It's not the journalism that's scum; what's scum is the argument that men are biologically wired to be rapists and can't control their sexual urges so women should just accept being groped and fondled against their will. Making excuses for sexual assault and harassment is pretty close to the scummiest thing anyone can do outside of actually doing the raping and harassment. Tell us again how Conservatives like you stand for victims' rights though.

Please post a cite showing that he said this?

Rapists are wired differently from me as are pedophiles. Why is this scandalous?

I agree. People who say he was talented must have been watching someone else.

I agree. People only said he was talented b/c occasionally he call politicians to the carpet.....all parties. Problem is it would be with some tabloid "gotcha" item and not the real substance as that would take more than 2 minutes of discussion. He wasn't good.......but Rosemary isnxt much better.

Please post a cite showing that he said this?

Rapists are wired differently from me as are pedophiles. Why is this scandalous?

Don't worry about it, he's been brainwashed too long and is too wrapped up in his own ideology to see the nuance in any argument. Imagine, the thought that men might just have a propensity for taking what they want from women, i mean, golly gee, there is absolutely no evidence of that happening at any point in history. Anyway the general never said it was right, he just gave too honest an answer, and no matter how much some of the people here would like to, you can't completely change our nature. You also don't excuse it, and you try to reduce it, but we are all animals under our skin, and while some of us will control ourselves, there are some that refuse to do so.

Edited by poochy

Men do those things because pathetic losers make excuses for them and call it "male culture."

SOme men do, certainly not all or even most. In western men anyways. Perhaps the numbers are higher among other immigrant groups, I'm not sure. Rapists and pedophiles are wired differently than the rest of us for sure.

SOme men do, certainly not all or even most. In western men anyways. Perhaps the numbers are higher among other immigrant groups, I'm not sure. Rapists and pedophiles are wired differently than the rest of us for sure.

NAMALT is nothing more than a sad deflection that also contributes to excusing bad behaviour. Clearly, I'm talking about the men who do those things and yes it's very often men and yes it's very often excused as male culture.

NAMALT is nothing more than a sad deflection that also contributes to excusing bad behaviour. Clearly, I'm talking about the men who do those things and yes it's very often men and yes it's very often excused as male culture.

Raping and molesting children is not male culture. Not even close to all men being those things. No one's making excuses for those who victimize others.

I'm simply stating that those who do rape and molest children have different mental states than those of us who do not, which is the vast majority.

Men do those things because pathetic losers make excuses for them and call it "male culture."

When you think of the frequency with which people blame the person vs the environment that somebody would suggest some principle by which we could all consider such things.

If you want to blame the environment then rapists, terrorists, criminals are all blameless. If you want to blame the individual then race, religion, gender has nothing to do with it.

Pick one or the other people.