Crime wave now spreads in US

Do you have a cite that confirms that every politician is corrupt ? Of course not, because it's not so.Systems aren't perfect, but they can't be. They rely on a basic moral code to carry 99% of the burden of keeping society functional.It's unusual for somebody to come on here and declare themselves optionally moral, especially when so much of the discussion here - and arguably the board itself - is focussed on what constitutes good civic behavior, good policy and so on.

Yes it is, I feel like doing so, can help stimulate discussion by looking at subjects from a direction people rarely take and are afraid of taking.

Edited by Freddy

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is, I feel like doing so, can help stimulate discussion by looking at subjects from a direction people rarely take and are afraid of taking.

And all you have accomplished so far is indicate you may choose to be unethical unless someone could catch you. There is only one form of discussion that stimulates in me, but you don't want to hear it.

Yes it is, I feel like doing so can stimulate discussion by looking at subjects from a direction people are mostly afraid of taking.

That's certainly true, but it renders an entire body of criticism somewhat out of bounds. "Moral responsibility" is not something you'd be able to use moving forward.

And all you have accomplished so far is indicate you may choose to be unethical unless someone could catch you. There is only one form of discussion that stimulates in me, but you don't want to hear it.

That's certainly true, but it renders an entire body of criticism somewhat out of bounds. "Moral responsibility" is not something you'd be able to use moving forward.

I'm trying to discuss the topic from a honest point of view that We are most likely not any better then those politicians or those police men or those military men or those priests or those judges, those thousands people that have been put in a position of power who have taken advantage of the lack of accountability through out history.

I can't guarantee it, I haven't been in a position of that much power. Not many of us have, but With so many taking advantage of the lack of accountability, I'm making a educated guess that the majority of humans only act in a acceptable manner to avoid the consequences.

How else would you explain the overwhelming amount of corruption and abuse we have seen through out history?

I'm trying to put myself in those people 's shoes, and trying to figure out why they acted the way they do.

Edited by Freddy

I'm trying to discuss the topic from a honest point of view that We are most likely not any better then those politicians or those police men or those military men or those priests or those judges, those thousands people that have been put in a position of power who have taken advantage of the lack of accountability through out history.

I can't guarantee it, I haven't been in a position of that much power. With so many taking advantage of the lack of accountability, I'm making a educated guess that the majority of humans only act in a acceptable manner to avoid the consequences.

How else would you explain the overwhelming amount of corruption and abuse we have seen through out history?

So you wouldn't steal a chocolate bar out of a grocery store unless you thought you could get away with it.....I am not perfect but I have a strong sense of integrity, and abiding by it allows me to sleep at night. And why and how do you think those consequences got put in place if not to try nd thwart those abuses

So you wouldn't steal a chocolate bar out of a grocery store unless you thought you could get away with it.....I am not perfect but I have a strong sense of integrity, and abiding by it allows me to sleep at night. And why and how do you think those consequences got put in place if not to try nd thwart those abuses

Honestly, I'm a really nice lawful person. Until your rude or double cross me I'm exceptionally friendly and polite. But that doesn't help me understand why we have so much corruption and abuse.

Understanding is the first step in the process to fixing.

What I'm trying to understand is how does a bunch of lawful friendly people turn out to be so corrupt and abusive once they are in a position of power.

Edited by Freddy

Honestly, I'm a really nice lawful person. Until your rude or double cross me I'm exceptionally friendly and polite. But that doesn't help me understand why we have so much corruption and abuse.

Understanding is the first step in the process to fixing.

What I'm trying to understand is how does a bunch of lawful friendly people turn out to be so corrupt and abusive once they are in a position of power.

Not everyone has a sense of integrity. Thats why we have laws and consequences to deal with those failures.

Ok that being said. This policemen is a very very evil racist man who wanted to shoot some black peoples cause he new he would get away with it. Better screening is required to stop these kinds of people from holding positions of power.

Yes but it feels like they always all corrupt. :)

Of course some like to belly up to the bar supported by the public purse once they get elected. However I am not so sure its as rampant as you seem to think. And they do get caught, just look at the Duffy trial ongoing. Perfect, no, but what syste would you propose to put in its place. Anarchy has been tried before. No thanks.

And it's not always about fish....I wonder if they trust fisher persons or the "police"?

Don't trust, validate. That's why I have cameras watching what I do on deck and a black box and official log books that auditors and validators examine. I wouldn't trust a fisherman as far as I can spit, and I'd trust a fish cop's boss even less.

Like the adage I have to follow when I'm working as an environmental monitor, chasing developers and loggers and what have you out of fish creeks fishermen depend on for a living - if an infraction occurs and you didn't get a picture, you got squat.

Of course some like to belly up to the bar supported by the public purse once they get elected. However I am not so sure its as rampant as you seem to think. And they do get caught, just look at the Duffy trial ongoing. Perfect, no, but what syste would you propose to put in its place. Anarchy has been tried before. No thanks.

I try to enjoy what we have as much as I can, even though it's certainly not perfect. I'd enjoy simulated anarchy perhaps once in a while. Just to give me a different perspective:)b

Help me appreciate what we have perhaps.

Edited by Freddy

Only if you put cameras on every perp.

It's won't be long until individuals start wearing a digital recorder for the sake of their own protection.

Once a critical mass of people are wired up perps and cops will both be as nervous as cats in a room full of rocking chairs.

I suspect the race-baiters will wish that they hadn't urged body cameras. The Michael Browns of the world are usually obvious thugs and criminals and pretty scary people.

Good point, any cop incidents will reveal thuggery on the part of citizens rather than cops.

Really? Well, they have the agenda driven "evidence" that the media outlets provide. But as I mentioned before, how many wrongful deaths occurred in the last year versus how many interactions occurred with the police in the same year? And we know that 100% of the those killed all started out by resisting arrest and had to be chased/collared/etc. That's hardly any evidence to throw the cops out of your neighbourhood over. And again, now the deaths/muggings/assaults are REALLY starting to add up. But they don't seem concerned about those, as long as it's black on black.

You don't know how many people cops killed, but you're 100% sure they all had it coming? Really?

When did Maple Leaf Web recruit so many apologists for death squads?

When did Maple Leaf Web recruit people who think the occasional frightened, trigger happy cop makes up a death squad?