Crime wave now spreads in US

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nonsense. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy. With one group, a small number of incidents doesn't amount to a threat. But with another group, an even smaller number of incidents equals a pattern of behaviour and a most serious threat. You people need to make up your minds.

Police are accountable to the public.

Terrorists are criminals.

And somebody asserts that Muslim terrorism is a bigger problem that this too ?

I's the potential that has to be guarded against. Police aren't trying to blow up buildings or smuggle nuclear material into big cities or poison water supplies.

Cause you misunderstand the way I see things and have jumped to conclusions based on those assumptions you have made.

I said the reality of nature is might makes right.

He does that a lot. I think he does it on purpose.

I said the reality of nature is might makes right.

You go beyond that; you expressed an opinion that nobody should expect the system to work perfectly. That's realistic as a general understanding of systems, but not as a reaction to a failure like civilian deaths. Moreover, you stated that it wasn't incumbent on our allies to follow international rules if it wasn't to their advantage.

You can either be moral, or not but you should probably decide what you are.

Nonsense. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy. With one group, a small number of incidents doesn't amount to a threat. But with another group, an even smaller number of incidents equals a pattern of behaviour and a most serious threat.

You people need to make up your minds.

They're both threats. It should really be the response that is in question.

Do we need to put cameras on every police officer ? Do we need to curtail immigration ?

Those are good conversations to have.

You can either be moral, or not but you should probably decide what you are.

Like the United States I'm both, depending what better suits my situation. I think all of us are. Depending on if we think we can be held accountable for it, or not.

That's why I J walk everyday, I know I can get away with it.

It's also why I go no faster then 22 k/h faster then the speed limit on the highway. I know I can get away with it. I know they will not tolerate higher.

Someone truly Moral would follow the laws to the letter. How many people do you see doing that?

Edited by Freddy

Then you're not ethical, or probably moral either.Someone who is generally moral would probably strive for moral behavior.

How many people that are in positions of power and low accountability are ethical or moral?

I'm ethical and moral all the time when I believe I'll be held accountable for it. We are all the same.

People on a high horse are unethical and imoral all the time. Look at priests.

Edited by Freddy

How many people that are in positions of power and low accountability are ethical or moral?

I don't know. What's the point ? There are lots of thieves and cheats in the world too.

I'm ethical and moral all the time when I believe I'll be held accountable for it. We are all the same.

People on a high horse are unethical and imoral all the time. Look at priests.

"I'm moral if I might get called on it". Ok then.

I don't know. What's the point ? There are lots of thieves and cheats in the world too."I'm moral if I might get called on it". Ok then.

Your only fooling yourself. Jedi.

If you asked me if I'm a nice person, I'd reply yes I'm extremely nice.

Edited by Freddy

Well, from what I've seen and heard both the US and Canada are getting their police to wear cameras, which should solve a lot of problems.

I'd like to think so, but they can be considered an intrusion on property rights. They can also be turned off if a bad cop wanted some "privacy".

I suspect the race-baiters will wish that they hadn't urged body cameras. The Michael Browns of the world are usually obvious thugs and criminals and pretty scary people.

Then how do you explain every politician being corrupt?

Do you have a cite that confirms that every politician is corrupt ? Of course not, because it's not so.

Systems aren't perfect, but they can't be. They rely on a basic moral code to carry 99% of the burden of keeping society functional.

It's unusual for somebody to come on here and declare themselves optionally moral, especially when so much of the discussion here - and arguably the board itself - is focussed on what constitutes good civic behavior, good policy and so on.