Crime wave now spreads in US

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So two people die because this idiot doesn't have the good sense to assess the difference between a backfire and a gunshot. You or I would be doing jail time guaranteed.

It's a freak accident. And no distinguish the difference between the two is not as easy as you believe. Especially when you're instinct kick in. I take it you have never been shot at. Not a great feeling I bet.

And the difference is he was at work performing his duties. That means his job is to be in the line of fire. This means he is being intentionally put into dangerous situations where his life could be in jeopardy.

Your comparison is bad because you're comparing apples and oranges.

This is why laws are different for military, police and civilians. And rightly so.

It's a freak accident. And no distinguish the difference between the two is not as easy as you believe. Especially when you're instinct kick in. I take it you have never been shot at. Not a great feeling I bet.

And the difference is he was at work performing his duties. That means his job is to be in the line of fire. This means he is being intentionally put into dangerous situations where his life could be in jeopardy.

Your comparison is bad because you're comparing apples and oranges.

This is why laws are different for military, police and civilians. And rightly so.

Utter nonsense. And I have heard cars backfire, and yes, I have been shot at, and no its not a nice feeling. But prudence dictates you ascertain at what the appropriate response is. Jumping on the hood and opening fire before you even know what you heard is hardly prudent.

Utter nonsense. And I have heard cars backfire, and yes, I have been shot at, and no its not a nice feeling. But prudence dictates you ascertain at what the appropriate response is. Jumping on the hood and opening fire before you even know what you heard is hardly prudent.

Well if he had any doubts it wasn't a gunshot I don't think he would have done that. What you need is a Jedi to read his mind and make sure he is telling the truth.

The only way you could hold police accountable, is with a ruling Jedi council.

This is why I keep saying it all looks good on paper but it's unrealistic. Unless you had a Jedi council overseeing things then it would work just fine.

You have to take the good with the bad.our system can only be as good as humans. Unfortunately we are not perfect.

Edited by Freddy

Well if he had any doubts it wasn't a gunshot I don't think he would have done that. What you need is a Jedi to read his mind and make sure he is telling the truth.

Cops are afforded a certain leeway due to the nature of their job. However they also have a duty of responsibility to act within the law. This particular cop clearly abandoned that and he got away with it. And these type cases seem to continue to stack up. The body cam idea is a start, but only a step. Better training is certainly indicated.

Cops are afforded a certain leeway due to the nature of their job. However they also have a duty of responsibility to act within the law. This particular cop clearly abandoned that and he got away with it. And these type cases seem to continue to stack up. The body cam idea is a start, but only a step. Better training is certainly indicated.

I hope so, I just don't expect it to ever be perfect, Even though it has to be on paper.

A long way from perfect and moving ever farther away. Not sure what your infatuation with laws on paper is all about. We have been writing them down for some time now.

I just understand it's not realistic, to believe they can be enforced,it gets especially hard to enforce them at the top.

They are the final say.

I've observed over the course of my life, that it is often at these top enforcement position where Rule of law seems to fail. Because of lack of accountability it often becomes rules of what's best for my own interests. And that can explain why Judges seem to rule in police favor, more often.

I've observed the same from politician.

High military positions.

And I believe that it is the majority of humans, that , if put in this position of power with little accountability would act in the same way.

When the corruption is so bad it outweigh the benefits of Policing. Then the people have the right to bear arms and hold them accountable. But this is for extremes. When the corruption is so bad that it outweigh the benefits.

So the question is. Is the corruption so unbelievably unbearable that total anarchy would be preferable until a new system can be put in place?

Edited by Freddy

I've observed over the course of my life, that it is often at these top enforcement position where Rule of law seems to fail. Because of lack of accountability it often becomes rules of what's best for my own interests. And that can explain why Judges seem to rule in police favor, more often.

I've observed the same from politician.

High military positions.

And I believe that it is the majority of humans, that , if put in this position of power with little accountability would act in the same way.

When the corruption is so bad it outweigh the benefits of Policing. Then the people have the right to bear arms and hold them accountable. But this is for extremes. When the corruption is so bad that it outweigh the benefits.

So the question is. Is the corruption so unbelievably unbearable that total anarchy would be preferable until a new system can be put in place?

I dont think that is the question at all. No need to go to such extremes. I think it would be much saner to think of how do we repair the problems with policing.