Who will get 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination?

2016 Republican Presidential Nominee  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, is it still possible to stop Trump from being the nominee?

His Costa Mesa rally was attended by 31,000 plus more ....

Thursday, April 28, 2016: Full replay of the Donald Trump for President rally in Costa Mesa, CA at OC Fair & Event Center – The Pacific Amphitheater- and the protests afterward. The attendance was estimated at 31,000- absolutely incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBsIB5ORy9g

With 112,784 people, Costa Mesa is the 55th most populated city in the state of California out of 1,496 cities.
The largest Costa Mesa racial/ethnic groups are White (51.1%) followed by Hispanic (35.4%) and Asian (9.1%).

http://www.california-demographics.com/costa-mesa-demographics

Edited by betsy

At this point, is it still possible to stop Trump from being the nominee?

His Costa Mesa rally was attended by 31,000 plus more ....

31,000 in an 8200 seat venue - outstanding! :lol:

Trump Claims 31,000 Attended California Rally. The Actual Number is Just a Fraction of That

Trump is Full of Crap When He Says 31,000 Attended His OC Fairgrounds Rally

Nice try. :)

Keyword: SEAT!

SCROLL down this article until you see a photo of the crowd facing Trump!

Just look at the beginning of this video - where are the seats???? Every inch is packed!

http://www.inquisitr.com/3041908/donald-trump-costa-mesa-live-stream-huge-rally/

At one point in his rally he urged the news camera to swivel and show the crowd.

He'd also paused from his speech, and commented - pointing at a direction - that folks might fall from the upper deck!

Whether the number is an exaggeration is not really the point here.

What matters is the obvious: He's filling the venues to capacity, plus more!

Let's just say, the crowd was ..........H U G E. :lol:

Edited by betsy

Oh my goodness, I just saw this. Your source seems to be the one full of crap!

And even after the Orange County Sheriff's Department—hardly a bastion of liberalism or a friend of the media—told reporters that an estimated 3,000 people were left outside the speech, and that about 8,000 people actually went inside the Pacific

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/trump-is-full-of-crap-when-he-says-31-000-attended-his-oc-fairgrounds-rally-7155543

Baloney!

Allegedly, only 8,000 went inside the venue that seats 8,500. If that's the case.....

How come it's standing room only? :lol:

The photos speak for themselves.

Besides, if Trump's people truly expected a yuuuuge crowd as opposed to just a big one, they would've booked other OC venues with far-larger capacities.

Who's this guy writing this rag? What an amateurish comment! :lol: Obviously, he's not sooooo loving Trump! :D

I don't think they were expecting a crowd this huge! Even Trump was obviously taken aback when he saw the crowd!

Edited by betsy

Whether the number is an exaggeration is not really the point here.

What matters is the obvious: He's filling the venues to capacity, plus more!

Let's just say, the crowd was ..........H U G E. :lol:

by your initial post... you were all about the number! If you're going to actually read the linked articles I put forward, and subsequently selectively quote from them, you somehow missed this quote from, Robin Wachner, the communications director for the OC Fair and Event Center: “We only distributed 8,000 wristbands and then we closed the gates; there was no standing room or overflow permitted.”

CBS Los Angeles reported that there were at least 3,000 people both for and against Trump outside the rally attended by 8,000.

clearly Trump exaggerated... purposely... the number. And you were suckered! Of course you were.

Edited by waldo

by your initial post... you were all about the number! If you're going to actually read the linked articles I put forward, and subsequently selectively quote from them, you somehow missed this quote from, Robin Wachner, the communications director for the OC Fair and Event Center: “We only distributed 8,000 wristbands and then we closed the gates; there was no standing room or overflow permitted.”

clearly Trump exaggerated... purposely... the number. And you were suckered! Of course you were.

Numbers, as in huge crowds!

Just because I repeated the caption in that video that stated a specific calculation....that doesn't necessarily mean

"31,000" is the "magic" number! :lol:

Everywhere he goes, he's filling up his venues and we hear of people being turned away because they're packed to full capacity!

At this point, following his sweep at last week's Super Tuesday (surely we all follow the news).....and now, we see he's packing them in, even in California.....right after Cruz and Kasich had that dumb deal that backfired (media were finding them laughable and referred to the deal as, "the deal that failed to launch."........or, "the deal that failed from the start"........

........can Trump still be stopped from winning?

Edited by betsy

Just because I repeated the caption in that video that stated a specific calculation....that doesn't necessarily mean "31,000" is the "magic" number!

I note this, your roundabout weasely statement implying you accept you parroted a purposely wildly false/inflated attendees number at the Trump rally... one put forward by Trump himself.

I note this, your roundabout weasely statement implying you accept you parroted a purposely wildly false/inflated attendees number at the Trump rally... one put forward by Trump himself.

There absolutely was 31,000 at the rally. People that couldn't get inside listen outside of the venue. You're just jealous that your soon to be indicted candidate can't attract 5 people to attend a rally let alone tens of thousands. This one was yuuuuuge!

There absolutely was 31,000 at the rally. People that couldn't get inside listen outside of the venue. You're just jealous that your soon to be indicted candidate can't attract 5 people to attend a rally let alone tens of thousands. This one was yuuuuuge!

I have no dog in this hunt! I'm not an American wannabe, like you. Other than based on the purposeful fabrications of one Donald Trump, don't hesitate to provide the basis for your claim that there were, as you say, "absolutely 31,000 at the rally".

Your source is questionable! His story got holes in it! The venue is overflowing ! It's not only all seats taken - 8,500 of them -

but, the place is just jampacked!

You're just sore about that being pointed out to you - since obviously, you're just only too quick to latch on to it, and failed to take note. :)

Edited by betsy

If all of these people who came to see him were Republican fans who intend to vote for him than that is good news for Trump supporters. There is no charge for entry to this event. How many people arrived only to see what was going on or be part of any "happening" that they could photograph. I am no fan of Trudeau or Harper but if either was going to be present at an event at which there was no charge, I would probably attend.

I have no doubt that Trump would draw a crowd of 20,000 at a speech in Canada.

If by any fluke of circumstance, the Donald does become Republican candidate then the Republican guard will come into play to sabotage his efforts as will the powerful Democratic Party.

Trump is 69 years old and has never been vetted because he has never been in a position or need to have his 69 years under a microscope. Generally, we do know that he has a checkered past and many questions continue as to his ethics and morality. He has made many enemies in amassing his money and they would be more than happy to comment on their dealings with him.

His fidelity to spouses has never been revealed since it did not matter for business moguls. The President of the United States is held to higher moral, ethical and behavioral standards than business men.

Many, many questions have still not been answered about his past. Trump was eligible for the draft lottery during the Vietnam War. He was not drafted due to four student deferments (2-S) while attending college, as well as a medical deferment (1-Y, later converted to 4-F) obtained in 1968 after his college graduation, prior to the lottery being initiated. Trump was deemed fit for service after a military medical examination in 1966 and was briefly classified as 1-A by a local draft board shortly before his 1968 medical disqualification. There remain many questions about that medical disqualification.

I believe that once the $millions in campaign financing are released that Trump will not stand up very well to scrutiny - by both Democrats and Republicans.

Edited by Big Guy

If by any fluke of circumstance, the Donald does become Republican candidate then the Republican guard will come into play to sabotage his efforts as will the powerful Democratic Party.

Trump is 69 years old and has never been vetted because he has never been in a position or need to have his 69 years under a microscope. Generally, we do know that he has a checkered past and many questions continue as to his ethics and morality. He has made many enemies in amassing his money and they would be more than happy to comment on their dealings with him.

His fidelity to spouses has never been revealed since it did not matter for business moguls. The President of the United States is held to higher moral, ethical and behavioral standards than business men.

Many, many questions have still not been answered about his past. Trump was eligible for the draft lottery during the Vietnam War. He was not drafted due to four student deferments (2-S) while attending college, as well as a medical deferment (1-Y, later converted to 4-F) obtained in 1968 after his college graduation, prior to the lottery being initiated. Trump was deemed fit for service after a military medical examination in 1966 and was briefly classified as 1-A by a local draft board shortly before his 1968 medical disqualification. There remain many questions about that medical disqualification.

I believe that once the $millions in campaign financing are released that Trump will not stand up very well to scrutiny - by both Democrats and Republicans.

I don't know if Billary (or any democrats) want to bring ethics into the equation.

And, as for war and Viet Nam, I think all this shows that Trump is not the warmonger many people want to label him as. Suer, He wants the 'Big Dog" in the front yard, but everything he's said and done, indicates that (other than the annihilation of ISIS) he has no interest in policing the world.

If all of these people who came to see him were Republican fans who intend to vote for him than that is good news for Trump supporters. There is no charge for entry to this event. How many people arrived only to see what was going on or be part of any "happening" that they could photograph. I am no fan of Trudeau or Harper but if either was going to be present at an event at which there was no charge, I would probably attend.

I have no doubt that Trump would draw a crowd of 20,000 at a speech in Canada.

I'm sure these rallies are meant for people to know what the candidate is proposing......therefore everyone,

especially non-supporters, should be welcomed! You may not win them all.....but that's how you win support!

Someone may be like you - just attending for the entertainment - and they end up liking what they hear,

and come out as supporters.

Business marketing. Just like sales.

The more attendees there are, the likelihood of more votes. Those people will be talking to relatives, and friends, etc..,

Edited by betsy

His fidelity to spouses has never been revealed since it did not matter for business moguls.

You're wrong about his adulterous affair not being made public. It was a fodder for the tabloids when he cheated with

Marla Maples, and the scandal in Aspen was the talk of entertainment magazines!

The Republican establishment missed an opportunity. They were behind Rubio!

If there's anything to talk about Trump, it would've been before Rubio got knocked down in Florida!

Those enemies better start spilling the beans now, before it's too late, again! :)

Remember When Donald Trump's Wife and Donald Trump's Mistress Got in a Public Brawl in Aspen?

http://gawker.com/remember-when-donald-trumps-wife-and-donald-trumps-mist-1754977102

It was very much publicized. First wife vs would-be second wife.

The President of the United States is held to higher moral, ethical and behavioral standards than business men.

Well, I wonder which checkered past is more relevant to the Presidency: an adulterous affair that happened in the 90's .....or the email scandal of the Secretary of State that compromised national security?

Edited by betsy

I don't know if Billary (or any democrats) want to bring ethics into the equation.

And, as for war and Viet Nam, I think all this shows that Trump is not the warmonger many people want to label him as. Suer, He wants the 'Big Dog" in the front yard, but everything he's said and done, indicates that (other than the annihilation of ISIS) he has no interest in policing the world.

I do not know what Trump has in his background that may create problems for him.

The point I am trying to make is that when individuals slowly work their way up through the political and exposed spotlight then many things come to light that might bury them - and often do. The Donald has entered politics at the highest level without any of the checks and balances that have destroyed other potential politicians.

With the number of years that Hillary has been in the limelight, I doubt if there is anything new that could possibly be revealed. You may dislike her because of things she has done in the past but at least you know about them.

If/when the Donald becomes the Republican candidate then you can be sure that the investigators (Republican, Democratic and Media) will be going after everything from his kindergarten report to his priority in food to his divorce agreements. After 69 years there has to be things that will not put him into a very positive light especially if they are spun by anti-Trump operatives.

Edited by Big Guy

He has made many enemies in amassing his money and they would be more than happy to comment on their dealings with him.

Sanders would know about Hillary. They swim in the same fish bowl.

I don't know if Sanders would be considered an enemy of Hillary......but he was quite so passionate with his comment on Hillary. You could say that he sorta spilled some beans:

"Well let me just say in response, to Secretary Clinton, I don't' believe that she is qualified if she is…through her Super PAC, taking tens of millions of dollars in special interest funds,"

"I don't think that you are qualified if you get 15 million dollars from Wall Street through your Super PAC," said Sanders. "I don't think you are qualified if you have voted for the disastrous war in Iraq. I don't think you are qualified if you've supported virtually every disastrous trade agreement, which has cost us millions of decent paying jobs."

But perhaps his most forceful blow — and certainly newest for a candidate who is known for rarely straying from his normal stump speech — came on the subject of the controversial "Panama Papers" and its relation to the Panama Free Trade Agreement.

"I don't think that you are qualified if you supported the Panama Free Trade Agreement! Something I very strongly opposed and which, as all of you know has allowed corporations and wealthy people all over the world to avoid paying their taxes to their countries," Sanders concluded.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-not-qualified-be-president-n552141

Boy, talk about ethics......remember the time Bill and Hillary turned the White House into a bed-and-breakfast, for big bucks?

Lincoln Bedroom Guests Gave $5.4 Million
WASHINGTON (AllPolitics, Feb. 26) -- President Bill Clinton's guests in the Lincoln Bedroom gave a total of at least $5.4 million to the Democratic National Committee during 1995 and 1996, according to a study for CNN by the Campaign Study Group.

Among the biggest donors were investor Dirk Ziff, who gave $411,000; movie producer Steven Spielberg, $336,000; retired businessman William Rollnick, $235,000; and Hollywood mogul Lew Wasserman, $225,000.

The CNN study found 24 overnight White House guests who gave $100,000 or more to the DNC. CNN's $5.4 million figure does not include money given to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, or any state party committees.

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1997/02/26/clinton.lincoln/

Selling Lincoln bedroom disrespectful

WASHINGTON -- Former President Gerald Ford was once quoted as saying that "if President Lincoln was alive, he would roll over in his grave."

I've often thought of that quote and wondered how Lincoln would have felt knowing that his seven-foot bed has been used by some recent successors for sleep-overs as a payback to deep-pocket political donors.

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Selling-Lincoln-bedroom-disrespectful-1097153.php

Sleaze. That's what comes to mind.

Edited by betsy

If/when the Donald becomes the Republican candidate then you can be sure that the investigators (Republican, Democratic and Media) will be going after everything from his kindergarten report to his priority in food to his divorce agreements. After 69 years there has to be things that will not put him into a very positive light especially if they are spun by anti-Trump operatives.

Don't you think they've already done all that dirt-digging when they saw the candidates down to 4....with Rubio losing?

With all the negative ads we've seen about him that painted him as a racist, misogynist, Islamophobe, Instigator of violence, etc...,

....and all those didn't faze his supporters at all. I'm inclined to agree with Trump, when he said that, he thinks, even if he shoots a person on the street, his supporters won't care (not verbatim but something like that).

At this point, if dirt comes out from his past - the cynical public will know it's just part of dirty politics.

It might even backfire!

Edited by betsy

Don't you think they've already done all that dirt-digging when they saw the candidates down to 4....with Rubio losing?

They may have. Remember that to this point the opposition to Trump has been a Republican Party "thing". The Democrats may have little interest and in fact may have a few things dug up on Trump but would prefer the the Republicans get stuck with Trump as their candidate. He may be considered easier to beat then Cruz, Kasich or somebody else coming out of the convention.

Why show your hand until you have to?

I cannot believe the someone with a history of ruthless business successes behind him has done a few things that voters may not agree with.

They may have. Remember that to this point the opposition to Trump has been a Republican Party "thing". The Democrats may have little interest and in fact may have a few things dug up on Trump but would prefer the the Republicans get stuck with Trump as their candidate. He may be considered easier to beat then Cruz, Kasich or somebody else coming out of the convention.

Why show your hand until you have to?

I cannot believe the someone with a history of ruthless business successes behind him has done a few things that voters may not agree with.

If it's Hillary vs Trump....I don't see Hillary having any chance beating Trump. I watched the rally in Costa Mesa, Trump has his unique way of dealing with Hillary. The way he poked fun at her for criticizing him when she said, "I don't like his tone," was so hilarious....and yet at the same time, it delivered a serious punch!

Actually, pundits at Meet The Press had said that Hillary staff are wary about Trump because he's unpredictable.

That was also voiced by a Dem strategist. I suspect Hillary is worried too....

As a businessman, it's plus points to be ruthless (as long as you're not committing any crime).

Trump practically admitted that he can be ruthless - he's prepared to walk away from the table.

But what I am concerned about is that.....he could be very high-risk for assassination.

Like, some folks from his own party might want to see him dead.

"Never Trump," might take on a whole new meaning.

Edited by betsy

The largest Costa Mesa racial/ethnic groups are White (51.1%) followed by Hispanic (35.4%) and Asian (9.1%).

http://www.california-demographics.com/costa-mesa-demographics

about that Hispanic vote... the so-called postmortem after the Romney defeat had the RNC emphasize the significance of the low Hispanic vote that Romney received and how it contributed to his defeat... and that they needed to significantly improve on that result to have any likelihood of victory in 2016. Romney received just 27% of the total Hispanic vote.

per the latest U.S. National survey of Hispanic voters done by Latino Decisions:

- Trump: favourable @ 9%; unfavourable @ 87%

- Clinton versus Trump: Clinton @ 76%; Trump @ 11%

0sykVQX.jpg