Who will get 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination?

2016 Republican Presidential Nominee  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Even Hillary Clinton voted for the war in Iraq. So did many other Democrats. The Bush family can rest easy, as Clinton's husband bombed Iraq for the exact same "lies". But that does not mean Jeb gets the nomination over the others, including Trump.

At this point, I wouldn't expect Trump to win the nomination......60-70% of GOP supporters reject his version of the "truth"......

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can see it at:

http://www.uspresidentialelectionnews.com/2016/02/full-video-cbs-republican-debate-from-south-carolina/

Suggest you fast forward through it and stop at those places where Trumps gums are flapping.

Thanks Big Guy. I can't stomach watching Republican debates because the volume of the manure being spewed is beyond my level of comfort but I did want want to watch that Trump part.

"Your mother should run" bit was actually pretty funny.

Thanks Big Guy. I can't stomach watching Republican debates because the volume of the manure being spewed is beyond my level of comfort but I did want want to watch that Trump part.

"Your mother should run" bit was actually pretty funny.

I prefer the townhall meetings as the candidates have to address questions posed to them from the audience and they have no idea what questions will be asked. As well, the candidates appear one at a time so there is no opportunity for childish fighting.

These meetings seem to be fairly new and so far they have received rave reviews.

You guys actually watch American debates? I read the news the next day, but I couldn't possibly care less about catching these debates live or even watching them at another time.

Yes, I watched all the Republican debates live, minus the one on Fox Business (I watched delayed online) and about half of the Democrat's debates, namely with the rise of Sanders.

A tale of two polls.....the first was conducted Feb 10-15, and shows Trump with a "uuuuge" national lead over a tied Rubio and Cruz........of more interest, and it could just be an outlier, was another one conducted Feb 14-16, or after Trump's meltdown in the South Carolina debate....in it, it shows Cruz pulling ahead of Trump (within the margin of error though) and Rubio in third.........furthermore, I find this interesting:

If the race were narrowed to a two-candidate field, the poll shows, Cruz leads Trump by 56 percent to 40 percent, while Rubio leads by 57 percent to 41 percent.

Saturday's primary will hopefully clear up the race to a degree, prior to next week's debate and the coming Super Tuesday....

You guys actually watch American debates? I read the news the next day, but I couldn't possibly care less about catching these debates live or even watching them at another time.

I did tune into the last one in SC where Trump went off in a number of different directions saying Bush Jr. should be impeached for Iraq and supporting Planned Parenthood. Oh my, it was hilarious, in a scary sort of soap opera way. I think I've had my fill after that one.

Another demonstration as to why I hold John Kasich in high regard:

video link

I still don't think he has a hope in hell winning the nomination, but as I said last Summer before he announced his intention to run, I think he would make an excellent Vice President and do yeoman's work as the head of the Senate.

Edited by Michael Hardner
added video link

At this point, I wouldn't expect Trump to win the nomination......60-70% of GOP supporters reject his version of the "truth"......

Between this and your bets in October about Harper, I think you better stick to love than cards. ;)

No but seriously, your prediction here stuck with me when you said it. Rubio polls higher against Clinton than Trump so I can see why the establishment would want him. It's turning out to be a very interesting election year. Other than Obama coming out of nowhere, I don't remember anything like this Republican primary in all my adult life.

Between this and your bets in October about Harper, I think you better stick to love than cards. ;)

I think if Trump does win the nomination, a great many people will have egg on their face.

No but seriously, your prediction here stuck with me when you said it. Rubio polls higher against Clinton than Trump so I can see why the establishment would want him. It's turning out to be a very interesting election year. Other than Obama coming out of nowhere, I don't remember anything like this Republican primary in all my adult life.

Even Cruz polls better than Clinton..........What is most interesting, and can explain Trumps rise, is the record breaking turnout in all the GOP primaries.....I still think this coming Tuesday is key, in that if Rubio (or Cruz) can't win more delegates than Trump through whatever combination of 1st and 2nd place finishes, its all but over........then we can start the 2020 GOP nomination thread* ;)

*I stand to be corrected in predicting a Clinton win over Trump........

I watched Rubio's rally in Texas bashing Trump and I have to say, he was really good. If I were a Republican I would much favour Rubio over Trump or even Cruz for that matter. He's not only presentable and genuine in his beliefs, he is appealing to a broad base of voters. He has a very good chance of winning the general election.

Given that I dislike his policies, I prefer to see Trump as the front-runner. I still stand by my belief that Trump is really a Democrat (which he was until 2009) who knows that he has a better chance as a Republican given his wealth. So he went with this racist charade to lock in that sector of the GOP because he is otherwise too liberal to gain the religious vote.

I agree with Rubio, Trump is a con artist. I said it from the start.

I watched Rubio's rally in Texas bashing Trump and I have to say, he was really good. If I were a Republican I would much favour Rubio over Trump or even Cruz for that matter. He's not only presentable and genuine in his beliefs, he is appealing to a broad base of voters. He has a very good chance of winning the general election.

I've liked Rubio for years, and he (along with Bush) were my personal favorites from the start, and Rice or Kasich (before he even entered the race) for the bottom half..........at this point, I prefer Cruz over Trump, and I don't even like Cruz.........

Given that I dislike his policies, I prefer to see Trump as the front-runner. I still stand by my belief that Trump is really a Democrat (which he was until 2009) who knows that he has a better chance as a Republican given his wealth. So he went with this racist charade to lock in that sector of the GOP because he is otherwise too liberal to gain the religious vote.

I don't think he is either a Republican or a Democrat, but a malleable billionaire.

Rubio was on fire last night. I have never seen anyone talk to Trump like that since the campaign began in the summer. I wish he would've started doing that back in September.

Maybe Rubio finally found his New York City voice..he is going to need more of it. Jeb Bush knew he could not compete.

Christie is now betting on vice president running mate.

Rubio was on fire last night. I have never seen anyone talk to Trump like that since the campaign began in the summer. I wish he would've started doing that back in September.

We'll know Tuesday, but might have been too late to make a dent in the Donald.

The best Rubio can hope for is a split that slows down Trump until Ohio and Florida. Rubio will not be able to consistently imitate Trump's voice and attitude from Queens.

I agree, the rubber hits the road on Super Tuesday for both Cruz and Rubio........The New York times mind you did the math and shows how Rubio could still "win" with losing all the super Tuesday States.......

Trump looked inevitable. He may still be. But Cruz is putting together something pretty solid today in the 4 contests going on. Cruz won Kansas, leading in Maine and has a good shot of wining one of the 2 remaining later today. I think he might be benefitting from a string debate performance and Rubio's attacks on Trump. I'm a Rubio fan, but it might be time for him to suspend his campaign, pledge his delegates to Cruz, and in turn, Cruz agree to select Rubio as VP. I think Cruz one on one could definitely beat Trump going forward.

Trump looked inevitable. He may still be. But Cruz is putting together something pretty solid today in the 4 contests going on. Cruz won Kansas, leading in Maine and has a good shot of wining one of the 2 remaining later today.

I'm not too surprised with Kansas (or Louisiana/Kentucky assuming he wins), on paper, its within his wheelhouse of voters..........but Maine is different....that could be something, as I spoke to with regards to his performance on Super Tuesday....in which he did better than expected...

We'll see how he does on Tuesday in Michigan and Mississippi.

No one candidate will have enough votes. In Cleveland starting on July 18, the first vote will verify no winner. On second vote, all hell will break loose - all delegates are released from their original commitment. The power brokers will show their strength and Trump and Cruz will be frozen out - delegates will rally around a "compromise" candidate. I think it will Rubino unless Kasich can get his act together in April and May then Kasich will win. He is the only one who has a chance to beat Hillary.

Trump may decide to go on his own or even pair up with Cruz to form a splinter party - but they don't have the money to be serious contenders.

• 5 weeks later...

re: the aforementioned Trump release on his Wisconsin loss:

on the sore loser Trump... from the leading conservative, political news blog redstate:

Wisconsin Loser Donald Trump Issues Loser Statement On Losing

So his argument is that this is bs because all of the institutions of conservative and Republican thought that could possibly be against him were, in fact, against him, and none were for him. No talk radio, nobody from the party he claims to want to “unify”, not the voters in the state, not donors, not the very popular Governor or his Lt. Gov., supported Trump. That’s the “only” reason he lost.

Hey Trump, that’s what you call losing. This is what that word means. It means not winning because nobody supported you. Don’t they teach vocabulary at Trump university?

Also, yes, he flat out accused Cruz of illegal activity. No evidence is needed, as we’ve seen countless times from the Trump campaign. Donald is a believer in the big lie and uses the principle relentlessly. It seems to fool plenty enough people most of the time, although not, apparently, in Wisconsin.

Trump is classy you guys. Except when he’s not. Which is all the time. But if you think he’s a sore loser, go check out the special group of rabid, frothy-mouthed lunatic fringe fans he has on Twitter. Not the normals. The special ones. It’s a spectacle.

Donald Trump. Presidential and sh*t.