US Torture Report - A Shining Beacon of....I'm sorry I just get so

eyeball

I agree. The drone program is terrible and unforgivable and will forever change the good name of the U.S. It's nice to see you coming around. Somehow I think, however, if it were a Republican president, you would be completely defending it. You never fail to inadvertently expose your own hypocrisy when you try to find it in others. :lol:

I never said the drone program is terrible. I also never said that the interrogation program was terrible. But you and your ilk are selective on your anti-terrorism outrage. Apparently it's worse to deprive somebody of sleep than kill them and their family. #LiberalLogic

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said the drone program is terrible. I also never said that the interrogation program was terrible. But you and your ilk are selective on your anti-terrorism outrage. Apparently it's worse to deprive somebody of sleep than kill them and their family. #LiberalLogic

Didn't you complain about drones killing "innocent" people in the post I cited? Why, yes, you did. I guess you forgot because you didn't really mean it and wanted to just use it to criticize Obama.

But me and my ilk is not selective. I said I think the drone program is an outrage. You're trying to make up a hypocritical position for me and my ilk as a distraction from your own hypocrisy.

Didn't you complain about drones killing "innocent" people in the post I cited? Why, yes, you did. I guess you forgot because you didn't really mean it and wanted to just use it to criticize Obama.

But me and my ilk is not selective. I said I think the drone program is an outrage. You're trying to make up a hypocritical position for me and my ilk as a distraction from your own hypocrisy.

To be fair, I don't think Shady is a hypocrite on this: he's a consistently awful human being.

The drone program is "terrible". It's actually extra judicial execution. It's no less terrible than torturing someone up to and beyond the point of death, to extract mostly meaningless information. And also illegal. Bush, with the stroke of a pen, decided that habeous corpus does not exist at Gitmo. I'm not sure if A: his IQ level allows him to even understands the meaning of the phrase, or B: if that is even legal for him to do. In any case I guess at least teh people killed by a Hellfire from a drone die much quicker than after a series of waterboardings.

When did you think the drone program is an outrage?

Did you start any thread?

I don't start threads on every position I have. But if you look in the archives, you will see I responded to the same inane argument you were making years ago by saying I find the drone program to be "cowardly and immoral." I believe you then ran away from the argument, conceding a loss. Your memory must be short.

I don't start threads on every position I have. But if you look in the archives, you will see I responded to the same inane argument you were making years ago by saying I find the drone program to be "cowardly and immoral." I believe you then ran away from the argument, conceding a loss. Your memory must be short.

Yes, many of you, for whatever reasons, find plenty of incentive to start anti-"torture" threads, but can't find the same time to start any anti-drone threads. Must just be a coinkidink. :)

Yes, many of you, for whatever reasons, find plenty of incentive to start anti-"torture" threads, but can't find the same time to start any anti-drone threads. Must just be a coinkidink. :)

I didn't start an anti-torture thread or an anti-drone thread, but I have expressed my disapproval of both. In this very thread, however, you have expressed concern that Obama is killing "innocent civilians". What's with that?

Of course, if Bush was responsible for the current drone program, I'm sure you'd have the energy. As would others of your ilk.

The CIA started using drones in 2004 and their decision to do so was directly tied to the scrutiny they were under for the torture program. So yeah, find another strawman/ad hominem.

Edited by Black Dog

The CIA started using drones in 2004 and their decision to do so was directly tied to the scrutiny they were under for the torture program. So yeah, find another strawman/ad hominem.

Yes, and Obama massively expanded drone strikes. But, but, but, Bush!

Yes, and Obama massively expanded drone strikes. But, but, but, Bush!

You're desperately misinterpreting people's arguments again.

To paraphrase, you said "you would hate drones if Bush did it."

He said "But Bush did it."

Then you said "Always blaming Bush!"

See how pathetic that is?

This is your favorite come back, your go-to response when challenged on anything. You've used it hundreds of times, and you wore it out some years ago. What's so funny about it today is your last post to me in this thread used no less than 2 strawmen.