US Torture Report - A Shining Beacon of....I'm sorry I just get so

eyeball

This is your favorite come back, your go-to response when challenged on anything. You've used it hundreds of times, and you wore it out some years ago. What's so funny about it today is your last post to me in this thread used no less than 2 strawmen.

You're talking about the post where you freaked out once again because there are people who believe their opinions as strongly as you believe yours? I didn't see any strawmen in the response, unless Dick Cheney is actually the Scarecrow.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is your favorite come back, your go-to response when challenged on anything. You've used it hundreds of times, and you wore it out some years ago.

My go to response when people use fallacious arguments is indeed to call out the fallacious arguments. I'm glad you've been paying such close attention.

What's so funny about it today is your last post to me in this thread used no less than 2 strawmen.

Ha ha, ok bud.

Trying so desperately to change the channel. You're like a dog chasing its tail in this thread. Drone strikes! Drone strikes! Drone strikes!

It's funny that, in using that line of attack, he's conceding that drone strikes are a far greater moral evil than torture. he just lacks the self-awareness to understand that.

FWIW, these aren't two separate issues. As I said, the CIA drone program grew out of question about the long term viability of detaining terror suspects, so they decided to simply kill them instead. The torture report is a good step in exposing the corruption and lack of accountability of the CIA program (which, if it were a more benign domestic program, would be the subject of endless catwerwauling by the people Shady cuts and pastes his ideas from); the same kind of account needs to be made of O-bomb-a's drone program.

I agree and it goes much deeper than that, like I said above. The corruption and abuse of people's rights and freedoms goes right from the top to the bottom. Police executing unarmed civilians in the streets without trial, to the Nobel Peace Prize winning (:rolleyes:) President murdering innocent people with unmanned drones overseas, to the CIA indefinitely imprisoning then torturing and murdering people without any due process whatsoever.

The United States has become the thing they claim to be fighting.

Trying so desperately to change the channel. You're like a dog chasing its tail in this thread. Drone strikes! Drone strikes! Drone strikes!

I'm just trying to figure out your selective outrage. Is killing somebody, along with their family superior to sleep depriving or water boarding one person?

I'm just trying to figure out your selective outrage. Is killing somebody, along with their family superior to sleep depriving or water boarding one person?

'Tis a fair and logical question, given all the outrage on display here. Loud rock music or a Hellfire missile ?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Uh oh...Canada ratchets up the guilt knob to '11':

Canadian agents may not have physically participated in CIA torture tactics, but Stephen Harper's claim that Canada played no role whatsoever misrepresents our relationship with U.S. spies, say a number of security analysts.

"It gives us a good conscience" to be able to deny participation in torture, but "it doesn't take away the fact that we're as guilty as them," says Michel Juneau-Katsuya, a former senior intelligence officer with CSIS, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service.

As Juneau-Katsuya sees it, Canada's spy agencies have a tremendously close relationship with the CIA and probably had a pretty good idea how the intelligence was generated.

Adds security expert Wesley Wark, "When Prime Minister Harper says it's an American problem with an American issue with no Canadian ramifications, that's not really accurate – or oversimplified on any number of fronts.

"We tapped that intelligence. We relied on that."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/cia-torture-report-why-canada-can-t-claim-innocence-1.2867716

It makes me wonder if they understand what they're reading when they read "drone strikes are a far greater moral evil than torture." Are they capable of debating what's been said and not what they wish was said? It's kind of sad to watch.

They're trying to change the subject away from their defence of anal rape etc.

MY selective outrage? I've criticized the drone program and even criticized the Nobel Committee for giving the Peace Prize to Obama before he even began engaging in those attacks.

Regardless, even if I was selective or hypocritical, it's completely irrelevant to the argument that what went on with this CIA program is completely unacceptable. Do you even logic, bro?

As for the partisan bull you guys are engaging in here, do I need to remind you that these programs received support from both sides of the aisle in the US? What we're talking about here isn't a partisan issue. It's a moral and an ethical one. Two things that the United States has demonstrated that it clearly lacks, despite their efforts to go around policing the world.

Edited by cybercoma