Michael Sam; homosexual NFL football player

Well, the first openly gay player was drafted in the last round of the 2014 NFL draft. It's led to a big discussion on a wide range of issues. I've also taken some heat, and been called all kinds of names by the usual suspects of the forum, because I had the audacity to state that I thought that seeing him kiss his boyfriend, with cake on their faces, was kind of gross. How dare I!!!! The Gay-stopo has spoken, and they will have none of that!

For the record, him being gay isn't an issue for me. I don't care.

I'm glad he was drafted.

I'm glad, if he decides to, to marry his partner.

I also think guys kissing is sort of gross. Apparently that's a huge revelation for many members of the forum. They're shocked that a heterosexual guy might not think two guys kissing would be all that attractive. I'm not sure why that's such a revelation. Seems like common sense. If you don't find men attractive, why would you find them kissing to be attractive. I didn't say that there's anything wrong with it. But I don't have to want to see it, do I? Or is that what our tolerant society has become. Anyways, some interesting discussion via ESPN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA2UG3m2FpI

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a straight players' girlfriend had been at the draft, and he kissed her when his name was called... would that be an issue? Probably not, right?

But it's a big issue when a gay players' boyfriend is at the draft and they express their excitement publicly.

Personally I hope that we soon reach the point that it's a non-issue either way.

-k

You have the nerve to call me obtuse? Shady, please. You're using this as an opportunity to whine about how oppressed you are for not being able to complain about your disgust for gay men. It's all right here.

I had the audacity to state that I thought that seeing him kiss his boyfriend, with cake on their faces, was kind of gross. How dare I!!!! The Gay-stopo has spoken, and they will have none of that!

With all due respect, which in this case is none, grow up.

Hmmm. Well personally I couldn't give a flying you know what if this guy kisses another guy. Do I want to see it? Not particularly. Not my thing, don't care, cant see why its such a big deal to anyone whether they want to see it or not. Do I understand Shady being grossed out by it? Sure, its just really not his thing. Why does he have to fit any one else's definition of whats acceptable? He is his own person and as such is free to feel how he pleases.

I've also taken some heat, and been called all kinds of names by the usual suspects of the forum, because I had the audacity to state that I thought that seeing him kiss his boyfriend, with cake on their faces, was kind of gross.

I can only think that the advice you gave someone else is apropos for yourself....

You're always free to toggle off seeing any status updates if you don't like to see them.

You're always free to turn the channel if you don't like to see them.

Kind of works ...huh?

I can only think that the advice you gave someone else is apropos for yourself....You're always free to turn the channel if you don't like to see them.Kind of works ...huh?

Good point. If only I could see into the future! Anyways, I just thought it was a bit much, especially with them having cake on their faces. It's an NFL draft, not a wedding.

The only thing more surprising than a openly gay player being drafted by an NFL team is that there are still people who aren't used to the sight of two dudes kissing. Do some people not watch HBO?

I suppose when I was a callow youth, unschooled in the ways of the world, I too would have been shocked and grossed out by such a scene. But I guess I grew up.

Yes, someone should be free to express their disgust for other groups of people without being criticized for it. Any criticism at all is the same as a lynching, which involves hanging from the neck until dead.

Shady's not expressing disgust for another group, he's expressing disgust about an act they do. He's not saying that gay people disgust him, he's saying gay people kissing disgusts him. Is he saying "gay men shouldn't kiss each other on TV?", well not in this thread, he's saying "i think it's gross, and what's the big controversy for having that opinion?".

I never said "lynch", I said "e-lynch" B)

Edited by Moonlight Graham

Shady's not expressing disgust for another group, he's expressing disgust about an act they do. He's not saying that gay people disgust him, he's saying gay people kissing disgusts him. Is he saying "gay men shouldn't kiss each other on TV?", well not in this thread, he's saying "i think it's gross, and what's the big controversy for having that opinion?".

I think that's splitting hairs since gay people are defined to some extent by their propensity for dude-kissing. I mostly think it's amusing that a (presumably) grown man in 2014 is grossed out by something like this. It's a juvenile response.

Yes, someone should be free to express their disgust for other groups of people without being criticized for it. Any criticism at all is the same as a lynching, which involves hanging from the neck until dead.

Which is a term specifically about murdering black people in the South by hanging them from trees.

Look at these disgusting football players and their filthy lifestyles.

wxHKNId.png

Oh, it's not about them being gay? So he's just as disgusted by the pic above, since it's about the act right? SMH.

Edited by cybercoma