Ontario Budget 2014 -- Election

What I AM

IMO Hudak did from what I am hearing. Hudak is the only one with a plan and he showed that last nite. Nobody else said how they were going to pay off the deficit. And paying 12w b to service the debt is not a good debt. You really are trying to fine something good out of this for the liberals and you are failing , just like wynne did last nite. Her safe hands were not looking to safe .

I watched it and thought Hudak won although there was no knock out punch. I did like the NDP promising to remove the HST from Hydro bills, they could have hammered home a lot more on the mismanagement of Hydro.

Wynne evaded all questions sticking to the party talking points, bad form IMO. I did dislike the way both Wynne and Horwath misrepresented Hudak's plan to cut jobs. As reckless as they make it out to be, it is over a period of years by attrition, retirement and contracting out. Even after he explained it they continued to misrepresent it omitting the fact that Liberals increased the civil service by 300,00. Too bad he didn't interrupt them to call them. guess that is not allowed.

If Wynne is voted in, Ontario is doomed.

Edited by cindi

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They all sucked.....where is that None of the Above.

Hudak started by saying "I won't be as media savvy as these two" (ie. elite...which he is) then proceeded into a bunch of greasy car salesmen pitches (eg. fire ministers at the drop of a hat, take a pay cut, resign if I break a promise.....blah blah blah). Then had the balls to say his "million jobs" is one of those economist things (again trying to create an anti-elitism environment)

Wynne looked like a stammering fool keeping to some repeated line about...."I apologized I apologized......"

Horvath went too personal and not policy.....kill the policy not the character.

Which will raise taxes and spending? Clearly, the Liberals and NDP.

ONDP will raise taxes on corporations and cut taxes on hydro bills for everyday folk.

But like I said before, the ONDP gives a rats ass about what you think because they know you're not listening. So why waste their time on die hard conservatives?

WWWTT

Most corrupt? Maybe, but at least, no one died under the Liberals, unlike many did under Harris actions.

I have heard there are looking into deaths on the helicopters( ceiling to low to do CPR) and of course the crash that killed 4 and those pilots should not have been flying that type of helicopter. And it was 2 drunken brothers that caused the water crisis ,not harris.

Dudley George ...

And 3 OPP officers who could have testified about the orders given that night.

Walkerton ... 7 died.

Dudley George had a gun ,like they usually do and it was 2 drunken brothers that killed those people

Edited by PIK

I have heard there are looking into deaths on the helicopters( ceiling to low to do CPR) and of course the crash that killed 4 and those pilots should not have been flying that type of helicopter.

Oh yes, ORNGE.

Operational issues at Ontario's troubled air ambulance service contributed to the deaths of as many as eight patients transported by Ornge over a six-year period, the province's chief coroner said Monday.

Ornge, which is currently under a criminal probe for financial irregularities, has been under intense scrutiny for more than a year.

Ontario's auditor general has questioned Ornge's business dealings and slammed the government for failing to oversee a publicly funded organization that received $730 million over five years and borrowed $300 million more.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/operational-issues-a-factor-in-8-ornge-deaths-coroner-1.1327412

Thanks for reminding me of these tragedies Pik.

Note to Topaz: deaths did occur under an Ontario Liberal government. Shocking isn't it?

Dudley George had a gun ,like they usually do

That's a blatant lie, PIK.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipperwash_Crisis

Acting Sergeant Ken Deane (October 1961 February 25, 2006) was convicted of criminal negligence causing death.[9]Deane's defence was that he had believed that Dudley George was carrying a rifle.

The judge rejected Deane's claim, stating: "I find, sir, that you were not honest in presenting this version of events ...

Deane and two other important OPP witnesses died before they could testify at the Inquiry. One was the incident commander.They were expected to testify about the source of the order for use of deadly force - ie whether there was political interference ... by Mike Harris.

Edited by jacee

Dudley George ...

And 3 OPP officers who could have testified about the orders given that night.

Walkerton ... 7 died.

A lesson to other muncipalities to not appoint the mayor's drunken brother in law to run the filtration system.

I don't blame that on the Tories.

Saw Hudak on the local TV news tonight, being interviewed. He said he wasn't going to commit money to phase 2 of the Ottawa LRT project. The Liberals have already promised the money. Not sure about the NDP.

I liked him turning it down. He said he wasn't willing to promise money when Ontario was broke and he had no idea where it would come from. Wynne has promised billions to Toronto with no idea where the money will come from, and has no problem promising more to Ottawa. Hudak says after the budget is balanced he'll look at things. I like that attitude.

Deane and two other important OPP witnesses died before they could testify at the Inquiry. One was the incident commander.They were expected to testify about the source of the order for use of deadly force - ie whether there was political interference ... by Mike Harris.

In his final inquiry report, looks like Justice Linden made a finding about that very question without the testimony of the deceased witnesses.

HIGHLIGHTS

---

While Harris was critical of police, he did not "interfere or give inappropriate directions" to officers at Ipperwash.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2007/05/31/4223584-sun.html

A lesson to other muncipalities to not appoint the mayor's drunken brother in law to run the filtration system.

I don't blame that on the Tories.

They got some of the blame:

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/#!/content/1.2643779

Justice Dennis O'Connor's 2002 report into the Walkerton tragedy.

His inquiry found that reductions in water inspections effectively led to privatization of water sample testing and played a direct role in the E. coli contamination of the town's drinking water.

O'Connor also faulted two brothers in charge of the water they were later criminally convicted for falsifying records and failing to maintain proper disinfectant levels.

Walkerton's Clean Water Centre is a research facility where water inspectors are trained.

In his final inquiry report, looks like Justice Linden made a finding about that very question without the testimony of the deceased witnesses.

Based on the dining room meeting only.

Communication from Harris to his MPP onsite with the Incident Commander was never heard as the Commander, the Communications person and the shooter all died before they could testify at the inquiry.

Quite the amazing 'coincidence'.

Point being ... Hudak has nothing to offer but 20 year old Harris ideas that did cause unnecessary deaths.

Saw Hudak on the local TV news tonight, being interviewed. He said he wasn't going to commit money to phase 2 of the Ottawa LRT project. The Liberals have already promised the money. Not sure about the NDP.

I liked him turning it down. He said he wasn't willing to promise money when Ontario was broke and he had no idea where it would come from. Wynne has promised billions to Toronto with no idea where the money will come from, and has no problem promising more to Ottawa. Hudak says after the budget is balanced he'll look at things. I like that attitude.

I guess he's not expecting to breakthrough in any Ottawa ridings.

the Ottawa region is dominated by Liberal MPPS.

http://m.ottawasun.com/2014/05/02/get-studying-the-candidates-theyre-off-in-the-provincial-election

Seems a bit defeatist for Hudak to give up already. He may get some flak from his Ottawa candidates on that.

I guess we're getting to the part where Hudak starts trying to think on his feet and ends up with both feet in his mouth and bleeding votes ... just like last time.

I guess he's not expecting to breakthrough in any Ottawa ridings.

the Ottawa region is dominated by Liberal MPPS.

http://m.ottawasun.com/2014/05/02/get-studying-the-candidates-theyre-off-in-the-provincial-election

Seems a bit defeatist for Hudak to give up already. He may get some flak from his Ottawa candidates on that.

I guess we're getting to the part where Hudak starts trying to think on his feet and ends up with both feet in his mouth and bleeding votes ... just like last time.

It's not giving up, it's speaking the truth to voters, and sticking to principles. The era of dishing out big government goodie bags full of money to prospective voters in particular areas of the province has to end. Good on him for treating all Ontarians equally! Gee, what a concept.

He said he wasn't willing to promise money when Ontario was broke and he had no idea where it would come from. Wynne has promised billions to Toronto with no idea where the money will come from, and has no problem promising more to Ottawa. Hudak says after the budget is balanced he'll look at things. I like that attitude.

Agreed. In general I like that attitude as well. Unfortunately, his horrible plan for education, the ill advised corporate tax cuts and his imaginary jobs BS expose the combative, Harris-like times he will return us to. I feel for the students Hudak will punish, not only with a weaker educational environment, but also with the inevitable loss of trips, clubs and extracurricular activities. The secondary school years should be fun and memorable. Hudak will snuff out many of the highlights and unfortunately these are times the kids don't get back.

It's unfortunate, that at time when the province really needed a sensible change of direction that Hudak and his deficient platform are the best the PCs could come up with.

NONE OF THE ABOVE Party :lol:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/choice-vote-none-above-ontario-election-gains-momentum-151038664.html

None of the Above Party of Ontario

#‎NoneOfTheAboveParty of Ontario is on the ballot in 8 ridings. 4 in Mississauga: Miss-Erindale, Miss-Streesville, Miss-South and Miss-Bramption South, 2 in Toronto: Parkdale High Park and Scarborough-Rouge River, and one in Niagara Falls and one in Lambton-Kent Middlesex #‎onvote #‎onpoli #‎voteon

Edited by jacee

Let's say Hudak gets a minority, just for a debate. The other two parties are against anything he wants to do and so he has no confidence. So, does that mean the two other parties could form a governing party and the Premier would be the party with the second most votes and IF so, are we back were we started??