This week in Islam

kimmy

2 hours ago, Argus said:

By western standards? Probably most of them, given the cultures and value systems of the countries in which they were raised.

Well, by western (progressive/liberal) standards, even most Westerners are "extreme misogynists". Maybe that's the real reason people on the left don't seem to find any exception with Muslim misogyny. Not knowing enough about the world, they fail to realize the difference between the alleged misogyny they constantly complain about in Western countries and that of Muslims. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bonam said:

Well, by western (progressive/liberal) standards, even most Westerners are "extreme misogynists". Maybe that's the real reason people on the left don't seem to find any exception with Muslim misogyny. Not knowing enough about the world, they fail to realize the difference between the alleged misogyny they constantly complain about in Western countries and that of Muslims. 

Well, you don't see this happening in the West too often.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2589105/Shocking-reaction-blonde-woman-caught-video-crowds-men-swarm-walks-Cairo-university-campus.html

4 hours ago, Argus said:

Not true. Lebanese Christians settled into Canada and Australia quite well. Lebanese Muslims not so well.

I imagine Christians from a Muslim culture would join a Christian church when they arrive in the West, and Muslims would join a mosque.  Which one do you think would teach them our culture?  I don't think it would be the mosque.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-29/koran-434-islam-domestic-violence/10112916

People are more likely to let cultural beliefs and traditions go or be relegated to a lesser place when they are no longer immersed in that culture.  Religious beliefs and traditions are usually more deeply entrenched and much more difficult to break free from.

I'm not confident in view of the article above that Muslims coming to the West and joining a mosque would be given Western instructions on how to treat women.

All over the world I see a lot of organizations trying to get Westerners to view Islam in a romanticized way, while there are very few efforts to get Muslims to adopt any Western ways.

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

Definitely a hate crime...

It would've been for sure had one of them thrown coffee at a woman in a hijab.

Another Syrian refugee charged with sexual assault...   I wonder if the culture shock of seeing women not fully covered and change in gender roles is just too much for them to handle. 

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/uber-driver-charged-with-sexual-assault-released-on-bail-1.3795488

Edited by scribblet

On 9/15/2018 at 7:12 PM, scribblet said:

This kind of thing seems so pervasive in the UK that I can't help wondering if anyone has looked into whether it's happening in Canada. Our media and police suffer from the same political correctness disease as they do in the UK, so would they pay any attention to allegations or just dismiss them as racism?

19 minutes ago, Argus said:

This kind of thing seems so pervasive in the UK that I can't help wondering if anyone has looked into whether it's happening in Canada. Our media and police suffer from the same political correctness disease as they do in the UK, so would they pay any attention to allegations or just dismiss them as racism?

Probably dismissed more due to the fear of being seen as racist rather than any perceived racism on the part of those making the allegations.

Remember, #NotThemToo!

53 minutes ago, Argus said:

They would consider it racism...   I `ve seen a lot of stuff from the U.K. that is disheartening and abhorrent to say the least but the U.K. police seem to be okay with it.

Another Syrian refugee charged with sexual assault...   I wonder if the culture shock of seeing women not fully covered and change in gender roles is just too much for them to handle. 

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/uber-driver-charged-with-sexual-assault-released-on-bail-1.3795488

The sexual assault has not been proven yet but if proven then he must be immediately deported to the hell he comes from facing local punishment for sex assault. The 6 days incarceration is totally unacceptable for a charge of this nature. A minimum 10 years in jail extended for a minimum of life imprisonment for second crime is more appropriate but in his case deportation serves him well to face death because if proven then he has betrayed the welcome and trust that Canadian nation put in him and a disgrace to everyone who is from middle east.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6172019/Prison-chaplain-tells-terrorised-extremist-inmates-backed-ISIS.html

Jihadis hijacked jail bible classes: Prison chaplain tells how he was terrorised by Muslim extremist inmates 'who backed ISIS and yelled support for the killers of Lee Rigby'

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/heron-gate-mass-eviction-expected-canada-180817200106463.html

Apparently, being asked to find a new place to live by a 6 month deadline so they can demolish and rebuild your bug-infested, filthy apartments,  is worse torture than they endured in Somalia.

The company is offering displaced tenants three months' rent, as well as an additional $1,530 ($2,000 Canadian) compensation, up from an original offer of $1,150 ($1,500 Canadian), to move. It is also negotiating reduced rates with moving companies, and employing a relocation team to help tenants find other properties, the company said.

"Timbercreek is going beyond the requirements of the law in providing relocation assistance," its statement read.

I came to Canada thinking it was an escape, only to realise it's like torture.  It's Canada, it's a highly respected nation for human rights. This is worrying ... This is something we never expected to happen in Canada."

Oh, and the best part?  They are suffering like this because we are a nation of racists:

"These mass evictions are having a differential, a discriminatory, impact on my clients because of their race, because of their ethnicity, because of their religion."

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Bet some of you are sad you missed this event - Punish-A-Muslim day

Of course The Rebel, that bastion of fake news, claims it was a hoax.  

Well, at least he was arrested, and if found guilty, he will face punishment.  That's the UK for you.

Now, Punish-an-Infidel day, be it a blasphemer in Pakistan or a lesbian in Malaysia, is not quite so poorly regarded in those places.

Edited by bcsapper
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction - Blaise Pascal

34 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Well, at least he was arrested, and if found guilty, he will face punishment.  That's the UK for you.

Now, punish an infidel day, be it a blasphemer in Pakistan or a lesbian in Malaysia, is not quite so poorly regarded in those places.

Wouldn't want to be gay in Uganda, either, even if you are just 8 years old, because Ugandans love Jesus.   

20 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Absulutely not no.  Pound for pound, Christians aren't as bad as Muslims, but they can still be right bastards.

Honestly, I find it difficult to see much difference in them when they have power over people.  Unfortunately, Islam rules over more people at the moment, so of course they look worse.  I used to have hopes that Buddhists were less bloodthirsty, but no such luck.

10 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Honestly, I find it difficult to see much difference in them when they have power over people.  Unfortunately, Islam rules over more people at the moment, so of course they look worse.  I used to have hopes that Buddhists were less bloodthirsty, but no such luck.

So what's your verdict? Are you saying that since Christianity burned witched before...Islam should be allowed its violence now?

Because that's what it seems like...

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Buddhists can be bloodthirsty, vicious and brutal, that's for sure.  Same with Hindus and Sikhs.  Pretty much all focused ideologies can get that way. China is currently showing us how it's done.  I wouldn't want to be black in the Arab world.  (They'd show the Klan a thing or two) Heck, I wouldn't want to be an untouchable dating upwards in India. (I'm aware of the grey areas where religion and culture crossover)

Still, all that said, I am always of the opinion that Islam has no equal when it comes to such things.  The new PM of Pakistan supports the death penalty for blasphemy.  Or at least, he had to claim he did in order to get elected.  That's very telling.