This week in Islam

kimmy

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

You only "use" those parts of what Islam teaches that supports what you choose to believe.  That is what fanatics and extremists do.  (Non-fanatical believers do too, but they're not as dogmatic as fanatics are, they don't deliberately spread lies and dehumanize people and they don't engage in violence.)

I do not remove or add parts of the Quran when I quote it...sorry. It's verbatim. Again...too bad if it bursts your "Islam is Peace" fantasy. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I do not remove or add parts of the Quran when I quote it...sorry. It's verbatim. Again...too bad if it bursts your "Islam is Peace" fantasy. 

You ignore, dismiss and deny any part of the Koran that teaches something other than killing others.  You are fanatical in your insistence that Muslims are required to murder because of what the Koran says.  You have even gone so far as to claim that anyone calling themselves Muslims who is not willing to kill is not really Muslim.  That's extremism.

No idea what you mean by my "Islam is peace" fantasy, unless it's my tendency to judge by evidence - out of billions of Muslims, only a tiny fraction engage in terror activities or random murders. This is in line with what the majority of actual Muslims say they believe - terrorism and murder of innocents is wrong.

It seems to me it's your insistence that Muslims are primed and ready to kill that is the "fantasy".

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

You ignore, dismiss and deny any part of the Koran that teaches something other than killing others.  You are fanatical in your insistence that Muslims are required to murder because of what the Koran says.  You have even gone so far as to claim that anyone calling themselves Muslims who is not willing to kill is not really Muslim.  That's extremism.

No idea what you mean by my "Islam is peace" fantasy, unless it's my tendency to judge by evidence - out of billions of Muslims, only a tiny fraction engage in terror activities or random murders. This is in line with what the majority of actual Muslims say they believe - terrorism and murder of innocents is wrong.

It seems to me it's your insistence that Muslims are primed and ready to kill that is the "fantasy".

Says you...but in reality...I'm just quoting the holy book of your pet religion.

It's cute to think I wrote the Quran to make Islam look bad. Islam looks AND acts bad completely independent of DogOnPorch...to your shock and surprise. 

9 hours ago, Right To Left said:

And western conservatives share the same contempt for women and gays, but think pointing fingers at Muslim conservatives deflects attention and makes them look better.

Some Western conservatives may  think women are inferior but they are not trying to keep women covered, in the house or  take away their rights to inherit, to vote, to be seen, to have a voice, etc.  They are not stoning women for (supposed) adultery or for refusing to cover.  Wife beaters in western society do not enjoy the applause of their peers.

Western conservatives may not like gays, but they are not tossing them off rooftops.

Women and gays still have a little ways to go, but no.  Not the SAME at all. Smarten up.

Ask any Western woman if they would prefer living in Western society or in a Muslim-ruled country and there's your proof.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Adherents of Wahabism prefer to be called Salafists

That's what Wikipedia probably says.

perhaps that's a term you will accept

Why would I? There is something called Salafism in a sense — it is better to just call it Islam because that's what it is — but it isn't

the ultra-conservative, "purist" version of Islam as taught by Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab.

Anyway, denying that there is a widely- followed version of Islam commonly known as Wahabism isn't really helpful.

Isn't helpful for what? Supporting the idea of Islam the media gives? The media uses the words Salafi and Wahabi. Just because they're convenient doesn't mean they're used correctly. It is not the place of the western media to decide on some new 'Islamic sects' so that it is easier for them to say "the bad ones" without explaining what is bad about them and who exactly they are.

17 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Ask any Western woman if they would prefer living in Western society or in a Muslim-ruled country and there's your proof.

Not a good one. Ask anyone if they'd like to move to the other side of the world the answer would mostly be no. People feel attached to their environments. Or ask anyone living in a Muslim mojority country if they'd like to move to a western country the answer would probably still mostly be no.

1 minute ago, Marocc said:

Isn't helpful for what? Supporting the idea of Islam the media gives? The media uses the words Salafi and Wahabi. Just because they're convenient doesn't mean they're used correctly. It is not the place of the western media to decide on some new 'Islamic sects' so that it is easier for them to say "the bad ones" without explaining what is bad about them and who exactly they are.

And not naming those who have extreme views as separate from those who do not would be better how, exactly?

Christianity has different sects, some of whom believe in polygamy.  If one is limited to referring to these people as "Christians who practice polygamy," people unfamiliar with the various belief systems of Christianity might be inclined to think that polygamy is an acceptable part of mainstream Christianity, but it's not.

Unless you support increasing Islamophobic rhetoric and actions among ignorant Westerners, perhaps you could see that it's to the benefit of Muslims to have the more extreme among them clearly identified, rather than seen as a single monolithic group.

35 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

...and to illustrate...can you please post the passage from the Quran regarding peaceful coexistence with other faiths and peoples not Islam?

Take your time.

I have in the past, and you rejected and dismissed them, so why would I waste time on that again?  Anyway, you consider yourself the expert on Islam, so I'm sure you are aware of them, despite you pretending such teachings don't exist.

21 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Not a good one. Ask anyone if they'd like to move to the other side of the world the answer would mostly be no. People feel attached to their environments.

We're talking about which system women would prefer to live under, not asking them about moving to another country in general.  Try to follow the conversation.

Or ask anyone living in a Muslim mojority country if they'd like to move to a western country the answer would probably still mostly be no.

If they don't like Western culture, then why are they coming?  Why not stay in the countries which have the religious rules they prefer?

Edited by Goddess

They come because of the benefits and because they are likely aware of how the west bows to their demands in the name of accommodation and diversity.   And yet many abuse the system by abusing young girls.  https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-shropshire-50633181?SThisFB&fbclid=IwAR2UgYp8dxv1KdYRzGGPACEUHZ2YJQqrc26UQc4ay0ltrcFol52sZjMKAXQ

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/24/exclusive-40-convicted-terrorists-have-used-human-rights-laws/?fbclid=IwAR0xU0-p0YUitqd-TCWgl_vNx3Pbj6UUk57Uq0EWptKB4qE8uFzJRke37Zc

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I have in the past, and you rejected and dismissed them, so why would I waste time on that again?  Anyway, you consider yourself the expert on Islam, so I'm sure you are aware of them, despite you pretending such teachings don't exist.

So you've got nothing.

That's because no such verse exists. Quite the opposite, in fact. Shall I quote it for you?

21 minutes ago, Goddess said:

If they don't like Western culture, then why are they coming?  Why not stay in the countries which have the religious rules they prefer?

Maybe they are moving to a culture they prefer, one which offers them freedom of religion, among other things.  Did'ja ever think of that?  Or were you too busy assuming that the Muslims who move here hate Western culture and only tolerate it so they can live on welfare.

Just now, dialamah said:

Maybe they are moving to a culture they prefer, one which offers them freedom of religion, among other things.  Did'ja ever think of that?  Or were you too busy assuming that the Muslims who move here hate Western culture and only tolerate it so they can live on welfare.

Islam is here to dominate and subjugate all others. Not some other reason.

And fight them until there is no fitnah and [until] the religion, all of it, is for Allah . And if they cease - then indeed, Allah is Seeing of what they do.

The Quran 

https://quran.com/8/39

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Why are you screeching at me?  I'm not the one who said the majority of Muslims prefer Muslim-ruled countries.  I just asked why are they coming if they don't like Western society.  Seems like a reasonable question based on the assertion that the majority of Muslims do not prefer Western society.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Goddess said:

We're talking about which system women would prefer to live under, not asking them about moving to another country in general.  Try to follow the conversation.

Marroc is a perfect example of the 'No True Scotsman' fallacy in action.

He doesn't like it? Not part of Islam...

3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Why are you screeching at me?  I'm not the one who said the majority of Muslims prefer Muslim-ruled countries.  I just asked why are they coming if they don't like Western society.  Seems like a reasonable question based on the assertion that the majority of Muslims do not prefer Western society.

We can only go by what the Quran and Hadiths actually say...and they say Islam is here to take over.

51 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Marroc is a perfect example of the 'No True Scotsman' fallacy in action.

He doesn't like it? Not part of Islam...

So far I think every person here representing Islam has contradicted most of what Dia insists Muslims believe.  

Edited by Goddess

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

Because this is a conquest. Not a coexistence. 

Hypothetically, let's say it is. What would be the motive of individual Muslims? Most of them are poor (once they have succeeded in immigrating if not before), a lot of them leaving a good life behind; families, friends, jobs. They spend their money trying to get somewhere else where anything might happen - if they ever get there.

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

I'm not the one who said the majority of Muslims prefer Muslim-ruled countries.  I just asked why are they coming if they don't like Western society.  Seems like a reasonable question based on the assertion that the majority of Muslims do not prefer Western society.

The majority of Muslims remain in Muslim majority countries.  The ones moving here - they'd be the minority who do want to live in a Western society.   So your question is either remarkably stupid or deliberately provocative; I'm assuming the latter.

Why are you screeching at me? 

:lol: